Child Benefit Whilst Stuck in the U.K.

Jumbo1968

Yes you can. Haven't checked recently, but you could claim as soon as you arrive in UK (same as for uprating your state pension while on holiday in the UK). It may take a while to get approved. It can be back dated for up to 3 months maximum.

3 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

so thing, me and my child born in home country.

child does not get child benefits from home country while living in thailand

muslim/immigrant (not working, not paying for anything), living in my home country, gets child benefits for "ghost" children that do not even live in my home country

what a wonderful world

yes mate true hive all yo foreigners who have paid nothing  but the hard working people who haybe paid all their lifes get <deleted> all sad sad country ..i live in Thailand I've paid nothing into their system   nowt .. zilch nothing   i get nothing That's how it should be 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

muslim/immigrant (not working, not paying for anything), living in my home country, gets child benefits for "ghost" children that do not even live in my home country

what a wonderful world

https://www.gov.uk/child-benefit-move-to-uk

Not sure what you are smoking, but if those kids don't live in UK and or EEA they get nothing. 

Also you cannot compare it as your not living in the UK right now.. why would you have right for child benefits if you don't live there. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

what a wonderful world

What country are you describing , if its the UK then children of (non EU) immigrants do not qualify for benefit if domiciled outside.

5 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

what a wonderful world

Welcome to the "democratic" world. Thanks European Union.

5 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

what a wonderful world

Why would you get child support if you're not even living officially in your own country? 

9 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Wouldnt it be easier just to go into the local Job/U.C  center and ask them in there ?

Currently closed due to Covid, I have called the helpline and they have advised me to complete the application form.

7 hours ago, Sundown said:

Welcome to the "democratic" world. Thanks European Union.

The only bit of it that is EU law is that someone from the EU gets treated the same as someone from the UK if living in the UK.

The child benefit part is entirely UK law.

And personally, I was able to claim tax allowances for having children, that were living in Thailand, when I worked in Japan, AND when I worked in Hong Kong, but not when I work in the UK - because of UK rules - nothing to do with the EU.