Can you discuss your amnesty situation with someone at CW?

When people pose questions regarding visas or extensions of stay they are often given the suggestion to talk to their local immigration office. 

I understand how that would be relatively easy in a smaller office... But is that possible at Chang Watthana? If so what window? 

I am interested in discussing expired extension of stay (non B) and am presently on amnesty wanting to convert to new Non B (if possible with new employer in country) , get Ed visa (same in country) or medical extension due to foot surgery (last choice as it involves a cast and being basically immobile for 2 months). 

39 minutes ago, orchidlady said:

When people pose questions regarding visas or extensions of stay they are often given the suggestion to talk to their local immigration office. 

This is more meant in regards to which documents they require.

39 minutes ago, orchidlady said:

I am interested in discussing expired extension of stay (non B) and am presently on amnesty wanting to convert to new Non B (if possible with new employer in country) , get Ed visa (same in country) or medical extension due to foot surgery (last choice as it involves a cast and being basically immobile for 2 months). 

You entered on a non-immigrant visa, so you don't need a new visa, what you need is an extension.

The answers at the immigration office will most likely be:

- Extension for working not possible

- Extension for studying not possible

- Extension for medical reason probably possible, if a doctor in a hospital gives you a paper which states that you can't travel

Option 1 and 2 are actually possible, but they want to get a payoff, so they will probably only do it for you if you use an agent.

• Like 1

Same situation here, running slowly out of time and options.

Currently graduated from Thai University and have student "visa" until 28 October.

In order to get new "visa" and work permit, I must leave the country and re-enter.

For sure my employer won't be happy to pay and waste time for a 14-day ASQ.

Is there any room for negotiation with immigration as it is becoming more and more unlikely that borders will be opened / a return from neighboring countries without 14 days ASQ around end of October?

I intend to visit CW with my partner next week to make an in person enquiry about options. We plan to take every document in triplicate, photos up the wazoo i,e, pointing at the toaster together, pointing at the rat, Bryan, who lives in the drain outside front of the condo entrance signage, post-coitus smoking a cigarette together in the boudoir (I'm kidding) - the usual sitting on the bed is so boring.  Anyway, nonsense aside I will post what happens. A. Dismissive hand wave off  B. Dismissive hand wave off with scowl

11 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

I intend to visit CW with my partner next week to make an in person enquiry about options. We plan to take every document in triplicate, photos up the wazoo i,e, pointing at the toaster together, pointing at the rat, Bryan, who lives in the drain outside front of the condo entrance signage, post-coitus smoking a cigarette together in the boudoir (I'm kidding) - the usual sitting on the bed is so boring.  Anyway, nonsense aside I will post what happens. A. Dismissive hand wave off  B. Dismissive hand wave off with scowl

Hi fondue zoo,

If you open a new thread outlining your Visa situation and the questions you have, there will without any doubt be TVF members with experience reporting at CW in a similar situation.

Information needed:

- Your current Visa situation >

- Type and validity date of the Visa on which you last entered Thailand (e.g. ME Non Imm O marriage Visa issued at Savannakhet with Visa validity date 18 June 2020)

- Permission to stay date as stamped in your passport, when you entered Thailand with the above Visa (e.g. 23 May 2020)

- Any extensions you already applied for since entering Thailand, including start-date and permission to stay end-date of such extension (e.g. applied for 60-day extension of stay on 22 May with end-date 20 July)

- Your AGE, nationality and whether officially married with a thai national or with thai dependant children

- Any other info of relevance (e.g. state or private pension - and monthly amount).

>> On the basis of that information, chances are high TVF members will be able to answer any questions you might have, sparing your a needless trip to CW.

Obviously you will miss out on the 'dismissive hand wave off' but you will surely receive that pleasure on your next visit. ????

23 hours ago, orchidlady said:

I am interested in discussing expired extension of stay (non B) and am presently on amnesty

The amnesty automatically extended your permission of stay beyond March 26th, to April 30th, then to July 31st, now to Sept 26th. Your extension of stay has not expired.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

The amnesty automatically extended your permission of stay beyond March 26th, to April 30th, then to July 31st, now to Sept 26th. Your extension of stay has not expired.

Whilst this is true, some Immigration offices are not interpreting it that way. 

For example I spoke to the 1178 people last week and explained I was on Amnesty time only, my 60 day 'permission to stay', stemming from a NON O family visa, expired in mid April. I was told there were no options for me, prepare to leave before the 26th of September.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

Whilst this is true, some Immigration offices are not interpreting it that way. 

For example I spoke to the 1178 people last week and explained I was on Amnesty time only, my 60 day 'permission to stay', stemming from a NON O family visa, expired in mid April. I was told there were no options for me, prepare to leave before the 26th of September.

Why did you apply for a 60 day extension in February when the borders were still open and you could have obtained a new Non Imm O ME at HCMC or Savannakhet.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, CLW said:

Same situation here, running slowly out of time and options.

Currently graduated from Thai University and have student "visa" until 28 October.

In order to get new "visa" and work permit, I must leave the country and re-enter.

For sure my employer won't be happy to pay and waste time for a 14-day ASQ.

Is there any room for negotiation with immigration as it is becoming more and more unlikely that borders will be opened / a return from neighboring countries without 14 days ASQ around end of October?

The "negotiation" would be between the agent/lawyer and Immigration, and would involve a Fat Envelope.  This has been the process for "Change to a Non-B w/o leaving Thailand" since pre-covid days. 

Pre-covid, the extortion was "optional" - one could opt to deal with the PITA of the trip / consulate experience, instead.  But with the borders-shut, they have us over a barrel - so it's "payoff" or "leave in September." 

I would attempt to get whatever done before your existing Ed-Based permitted-stay ends - not wait until you are on the 'automatic covid extension'.

• Thanks 1

The medical option will get you maybe 3 months max, odds are it will still nto be easy to leave and re-enter at the end of that. if I were you I would first talk to CW (go in and say you want to do a non-B extension and then ask whichever person you get referred to). If no luck then if I were you, I'd use an agent.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2020 at 2:15 PM, JackThompson said:

The "negotiation" would be between the agent/lawyer and Immigration, and would involve a Fat Envelope.  This has been the process for "Change to a Non-B w/o leaving Thailand" since pre-covid days. 

Pre-covid, the extortion was "optional" - one could opt to deal with the PITA of the trip / consulate experience, instead.  But with the borders-shut, they have us over a barrel - so it's "payoff" or "leave in September." 

I would attempt to get whatever done before your existing Ed-Based permitted-stay ends - not wait until you are on the 'automatic covid extension'.

Well, I leave that up to my employer.

1 hour ago, CLW said:

Well, I leave that up to my employer.

I'm in the same situation - either my employer pays a "lawyer" to "fix" things, or I leave the country when the auto-extensions end.  Given they hired me in part due to my having a Non-O-ME, so didn't need to deal with Immigration's corruption, not sure what they will decide.