BANGKOK
anchadian

Not looking good to extend visa - Richard Barrow

Posted (edited)

Bangkok Immigration came to inspect my workplace. They were here for 3 hours. Looks like they will not extend my “visa”. They said I most likely will have to leave the country. Nothing to do with anything else. They will give me a final verdict next week. Not looking good

Frowning face

Edited by Jai Dee
Title expanded
  • Sad 8

That is very small information. What reason did they give for not extend the visa?

I guess Mr Barrow have to stop talk in riddles.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, FlyingThai said:

Exactly!

It’s defamation by the way, deformation is something different. 😉

Thanks - typing without QC’ing.... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

I suspect its because he [Richard Barrow] was given very little information from the Immigration guys who spent 3 hours investigating his work place and suggesting ‘he will have to leave’ with out giving a valid reason. 

If he is forced to leave, we all 'know' the reason....  but if he is forced out it will be on a technicality.

You mean that you suspect the reason. How can you know it?

6 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I would have thought that there would be more than one way to skin aggressive threatening cats. 

This man has done a lot of good for the Thai's, but they are too blind to see it, that said, if they do oust him, my monthly budget spend and domestic holidays will be spent externally, meaning I won't be supporting the Thai economy, perhaps everyone should jump pon the same wagon, hit them where it hurts, but it has to be in volumes. 

Externally? How do you want to leave and come back? And regarding the Thai Economy, you’re going to import all your items of daily consumption? Let’s not be silly here.

Thai Immigration is already <deleted> about many things right now and there have been quite a few rows between them. Remember the Immigration head honcho who mouthed off against Richard when he posted some inofficial chart back in March/April? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Perhaps he should look at getting an agent or applying for a retirement visa, can't hassle the man then, can they.

Can't work legally on a retirement extension.... That would be tantamount to silencing him as a journalist just the same, at least so long as he was to remain in country.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Who will follow Richard out of the country? I guess it is time for a leavig thread again now after all of this. 

I will be staying as long it is worth it, but I holding back enough to cut loose and leave in short notice now.