Thai national returning to Thailand from UK.

davidi

Hi, my Thai wife is trying to get back to Thailand from the UK a soon as possible. cannot get through to the embassy on the phone despite being on hold for ages.  These are the requirements that I think she needs:

1. COE issued by the Embassy on receipt of copies of Fit to Fly certificate, Passport, T8 form, Flight ticket booking & ASQ booking (unsure on ASQ one).

2. Fit to Fly certificate not older than 72 hours on the day of the flight.

3. T8 form filled in.

Does she have to book an official repatriation flight from London Heathrow or use another operator like Qatar who are flying to Thailand now. 

Will still have to stay at paid ASQ hotel or does the state pay for returning Thais, not sure on this one..

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

OP: Your wife needs to keep an eye out for the announcement of more repatriation flights, or an end to or alterations to Thailands Emergency Decree.

Currently, the only passenger travel into Thailand is via Embassy Approved repatriations flights which are limited (2 flights in July, 3 in August so far).

Perhaps September will see an opening of Thailands skies, however, quarantine remains a requirement. 

As things stand, your wife needs to register to return - then its a waiting game.

Hope your wife gets a seat on Septembers flights soon. It would be interesting to know the total number of Thais and foreigners competing for the few flights running. I missed out on the August flights and I'm hoping to jag a seat in September, but I don't hold out much hope given the low number of seats allocated to non-Thais. It isnt an easy process to return and I feel quite sorry for the Thai nationals still unable to return from the UK to their home country.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2020 at 6:58 PM, Upnotover said:

Qatar are not flying into Thailand with passengers yet, unless its a repatriation flight.  Your wife first needs to register with the Embassy following this link https://bit.ly/3jVCJgS and thereafter I would imagine all following steps will doubtless fall into place.

Thai airways are used for repatriation flights from the UK. There are only 3 flights announced in August.

28 minutes ago, Aussieroaming said:

Hope your wife gets a seat on Septembers flights soon. It would be interesting to know the total number of Thais and foreigners competing for the few flights running. I missed out on the August flights and I'm hoping to jag a seat in September, but I don't hold out much hope given the low number of seats allocated to non-Thais. It isnt an easy process to return and I feel quite sorry for the Thai nationals still unable to return from the UK to their home country.

The process for a Thai national is a piece of cake compared to a foreigner. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Max69xl said:

There is a priority list for Thais so not really a piece of cake in some respects, yes no Covid Test or Health Insurance but if you don’t live in the London area it’s not that easy.
I live 400 kilometres from London, my partner and son are here, I would need to travel by public transport to London stay in a hotel to make all the arrangements and by all accounts the Embassy don’t give you much advance notice that you have a seat. I spoke with the Embassy about a Fit to Fly Cert. oh just go to a Doctor. I said you cannot walk into a Doctors and get one, she said do it with a video call ?

Yeh a Doctor is going to issue a Cert. without knowing you and with a video call, what planet do these people live on. Yes I got a Medical Cert. from a Doctor in Pattaya for a 100 baht but this is U.K. is not Thailand.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

There is a priority list for Thais so not really a piece of cake in some respects, yes no Covid Test or Health Insurance but if you don’t live in the London area it’s not that easy.

Why do you need to be in London. You can e-mail all CoE application documents to the Thai Embassy. 

You only need to go to London if you are also applying for a Visa (and they affix the Visa in your Passport upon approval)

Even then, you could arrange with the Embassy to have your Visa affixed on the same day of flight (obviously involves being in London before Lunch time on the day of flight). 

I live 400 kilometres from London, my partner and son are here, I would need to travel by public transport to London stay in a hotel to make all the arrangements and by all accounts the Embassy don’t give you much advance notice that you have a seat.

I was given about 10 days notice. 

I spoke with the Embassy about a Fit to Fly Cert. oh just go to a Doctor. I said you cannot walk into a Doctors and get one, she said do it with a video call ?

Yeh a Doctor is going to issue a Cert. without knowing you and with a video call,

what planet do these people live on.

The planet where you can call up a doctor have a video call and get a Fit to Fly certificate for £30 (but prices go up to £100). 

I got my Fit to Fly certificate along with my Covid-19 PCR Test Results and Covid-19 Free certificate without having even spoken with a Doctor !!!!! (all part of the same package).

Yes I got a Medical Cert. from a Doctor in Pattaya for a 100 baht but this is U.K. is not Thailand.

Be careful not to put up your own obstacles where an obstacle doesn’t exist. 

6 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I live 400 kilometres from London, my partner and son are here, I would need to travel by public transport to London stay in a hotel to make all the arrangements and by all accounts the Embassy don’t give you much advance notice that you have a seat. I spoke with the Embassy about a Fit to Fly Cert. oh just go to a Doctor. I said you cannot walk into a Doctors and get one, she said do it with a video call ?

Yeh a Doctor is going to issue a Cert. without knowing you and with a video call, what planet do these people live on. Yes I got a Medical Cert. from a Doctor in Pattaya for a 100 baht but this is U.K. is not Thailand.

I compared to a foreigner, and I'm not talking about the distance from your home to London. That would be the same for a foreigner if he lived next to you. Thai embassies don't mess with Thai nationals like they do (maybe on purpose,who knows) with foreigners according to several posts here. London embassy is by far the worst. 

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Why do you need to be in London. You can e-mail all CoE application documents to the Thai Embassy. 

You only need to go to London if you are also applying for a Visa (and they affix the Visa in your Passport upon approval)

Even then, you could arrange with the Embassy to have your Visa affixed on the same day of flight (obviously involves being in London before Lunch time on the day of flight). 

I was given about 10 days notice. 

The planet where you can call up a doctor have a video call and get a Fit to Fly certificate for £30 (but prices go up to £100). 

I got my Fit to Fly certificate along with my Covid-19 PCR Test Results and Covid-19 Free certificate without having even spoken with a Doctor !!!!! (all part of the same package).

Be careful not to put up your own obstacles where an obstacle doesn’t exist. 

My partner and son are not registered with a GP so he/she wouldn’t issue the required Certs, they won’t even test me for Covid, were all your tests done 72 hours prior to your flight and where ?

Email the Certs to the Embassy if I had them, they don’t answer emails or phones.

1 minute ago, Jumbo1968 said:

My partner and son are not registered with a GP so he/she wouldn’t issue the required Certs, they won’t even test me for Covid, were all your tests done 72 hours prior to your flight and where ?

Email the Certs to the Embassy if I had them, they don’t answer emails or phones.

There are private facilities which handle this.

You don’t need to be registered with the NHS or a GP - The NHS will not issue tests unless ’medically necessary’. 

Private facility: 

https://midlandhealth.co.uk (if you are in the midlands area). 

You don’t need to e-mail the Covid-19 & Fit to Fly certificates to anyone - those are for check in on your Repatriation flight. 

Before all this you have to apply for a Certificate of Entry - Via e-mail, there is no need to visit the Embassy. 

If you need to apply for a Visa this is also all online. 

The Embassy are only likely to respond once more repatriation flights open up. 

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

There are private facilities which handle this.

You don’t need to be registered with the NHS or a GP - The NHS will not issue tests unless ’medically necessary’. 

Private facility: 

https://midlandhealth.co.uk (if you are in the midlands area). 

You don’t need to e-mail the Covid-19 & Fit to Fly certificates to anyone - those are for check in on your Repatriation flight. 

Before all this you have to apply for a Certificate of Entry - Via e-mail, there is no need to visit the Embassy. 

If you need to apply for a Visa this is also all online. 

The Embassy are only likely to respond once more repatriation flights open up. 

I thought you had to submit the Fit to Fly Cert. before the Embassy would give you a COE .

On 8/14/2020 at 1:19 PM, Max69xl said:

Yeah, given that I'm going through that process and my visa expired while I was out I know first hand how hard the process is for non Thai's, bloody nightmarish, especially trying to get a seat assigned. The rest is just paperwork and tests, which once organised isn't such a barrier unless a document were to get rejected or you fail the covid test. Getting onto a list and knowing when you are likely to get a seat would be helpful, given thr need to submit ASQ and repat flight details in order to get the COE and given that the visa submission (at least for the UK Embassy) states the cisa application is to be submitted only when the COE application is lodged. 

On 8/14/2020 at 3:39 PM, Jumbo1968 said:

I thought you had to submit the Fit to Fly Cert. before the Embassy would give you a COE .

There was a list of 5 clinics that the Thai Embassy London put out that would do the Covid-19 test and issue a fit to fly certificate. 

fit-to-fly.jpg

1 hour ago, tso310 said:

There was a list of 5 clinics that the Thai Embassy London put out that would do the Covid-19 test and issue a fit to fly certificate. 

fit-to-fly.jpg

Thanks but ok if you live in the London area, I live 260 miles from London, we would have to travel to London by public transport and stay in a hotel increasing the risk of picking an infection up.

7 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Thanks but ok if you live in the London area, I live 260 miles from London, we would have to travel to London by public transport and stay in a hotel increasing the risk of picking an infection up.

Some of them have regional clinics. Visit the sites and check. At least one had and another was talking about regional set ups and this was a couple of weeks ago.