Jump to content
BANGKOK
rimpsstar

How to return to Thailand In September

Recommended Posts

Hi

 

I am in the UK, I often spend a large part of the year in Thailand using Tourist Visas.

 

As It seems that Tourist Visas are not going to be issued anytime soon until next year, I am looking at what options I have for returning in September. Money is not an issue. 

 

As far as I can see, my only option is the Elite card, which will take around 2 months and I can collect at the airport on arrival in Thailand. 

 

However, I am confused somewhat about how I get there. I have read about "repatriation flights" and how there is a limited number of them, yet when I search for flights to book I see a lot of them heading from the UK to Thailand, are these not real?

 

Would I then receive confirmation from the Elite Card agent, book a flight, and then visit the London Thai Embassy to get a COE?

 

My main question is whether it is possible to enter at all, I wouldn't want to spend the money and then find out I either did not need it, or that it does not allow me entry

 

Many thanks

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, rimpsstar said:

when I search for flights to book I see a lot of them heading from the UK to Thailand, are these not real?

Airlines have just been keeping their pre-covid flight schedule and then cancelling flights a couple weeks before departure.  They have been doing this since April and will probably keep doing it for many more months.

 

The only way here for the foreseeable future is on repatriation flights.

 

Edited by Phillip9
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Better off waiting until the borders open, the same as everyone else, no easy routes back in just for holiday.

It doesn't seem like that would happen anytime soon, and even if they were to open, without a tourist visa I would not be able to enter. 

 

Thank you everyone for the advice so far. I will first apply for the elite visa and then once they approve I will request the list of flights from the Embassy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rimpsstar said:

It doesn't seem like that would happen anytime soon, and even if they were to open, without a tourist visa I would not be able to enter. 

 

Thank you everyone for the advice so far. I will first apply for the elite visa and then once they approve I will request the list of flights from the Embassy.

Was in the Bangkok Post and the Thaiger today, no international flights for tourists until the situation impoves. Q1 or Q2 next year maybe, I'm not hopeful of anything this year. I'm heading into EU land next week, Italy and Greece, it's not Thailand, but better than nothing 555.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Was in the Bangkok Post and the Thaiger today, no international flights for tourists until the situation impoves. Q1 or Q2 next year maybe, I'm not hopeful of anything this year. I'm heading into EU land next week, Italy and Greece, it's not Thailand, but better than nothing 555.

Yes but as I understand it, if you have an Elite card you are allowed entry I believe

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, rimpsstar said:

Yes but as I understand it, if you have an Elite card you are allowed entry I believe

But don't forget the 14 days quarantine on arrival. 

 

Or are new elite card holders exempt from 14 days quarantine.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Or are new elite card holders exempt from 14 days quarantine.

No

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

Indeed it isn't, but you'll have to just put up with the better food and drink, better weather, beaches, roads......what else is there......ah, yes, now I remember.

I'm sure I'll find something to occupy my mind, single female travellers love those places, just don't mention Thai ladies when talking about Thailand 555.

 

17 minutes ago, rimpsstar said:

Yes but as I understand it, if you have an Elite card you are allowed entry I believe

That's if they are still issuing them, you better check. I don't think anything will be easy for general tourism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

I'm sure I'll find something to occupy my mind, single female travellers love those places, just don't mention Thai ladies when talking about Thailand 555.

 

That's if they are still issuing them, you better check. I don't think anything will be easy for general tourism.

Yes it seems they are.

 

Based on my research in the last few hours it seems my options are:

 

Apply for Elite card

Book a business class seat on a repatriation flight as apparently the majority of economy tickets are prioritised to Thai nationals

Receive visa when I arrive, then undergo 14 day Quarantine at an approved Hotel from the list

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, rimpsstar said:

Yes it seems they are.

 

Based on my research in the last few hours it seems my options are:

 

Apply for Elite card

Book a business class seat on a repatriation flight as apparently the majority of economy tickets are prioritised to Thai nationals

Receive visa when I arrive, then undergo 14 day Quarantine at an approved Hotel from the list

Too much hassle for me, although I did leave a pair of Vans, some Uniqlo shorts and new pc speakers in my friends apartment, he has moved rooms now. I won't be seeing those for a while.

Edited by tribalfusion001
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...