How to return to Thailand In September

1 hour ago, Yme said:

If you're not of high economic value to Thailand you won't get on a flight, Elite Card or not. 

Thais first, BOI registered company work permits, investors, work permit holders and so on. 

Teachers and students are getting on flights. Random employees and people married to Thais as well. So much for "high economic value". It doesn't come into play here.

23 minutes ago, Letseng said:

Make sure you can enter with a NEW card or whether entry is only for pre-covid Elite holders.

You can't enter with any card. The emphasis here is on TE Visa and that can only be affixed in Thailand, either at an airport or the immigration department.

So the real question is if a Thai Embassy or Consulate would also issue a newly minted TE member a tourist or other special entry visa ahead of your flight since the visa waiver has been paused. The COE on top of it all.

1 hour ago, FlyingThai said:

You can't enter with any card. The emphasis here is on TE Visa and that can only be affixed in Thailand, either at an airport or the immigration department.

So the real question is if a Thai Embassy or Consulate would also issue a newly minted TE member a tourist or other special entry visa ahead of your flight since the visa waiver has been paused. The COE on top of it all.

Evidence that you are entitled to a Thailand Elite visa on arrival has always been sufficient to travel without an actual visa in your passport. I doubt that will have changed.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BritTim said:

Evidence that you are entitled to a Thailand Elite visa on arrival has always been sufficient to travel without an actual visa in your passport. I doubt that will have changed.

But will this evidence of entitlement to a (PE) get you a COE in this  time of emergency from a Thai Embassy or Consulate? No straight answer yet.

1 hour ago, Willy333 said:

From the Thai embassy in DC:

"For Thailand Privilege Card holders, please contact Thailand Privilege Card Co., Ltd. (Thailand Elite) directly to request for an authorization. At this stage, without an authorization from Thailand, the Royal Thai Embassy can’t issue COE for Elite card holders. "

https://thaiembdc.org/visas/

Interesting that if you read above that statement, Elite card is also listed in the group not currently allowed to enter.  It seems that they may only be allowed to enter in special cases.  Considering how difficult they are making it for them to enter, this card is not as “elite” as the advertising would lead you to believe.  

Currently, the following types of visas are NOT permitted to enter Thailand: Tourists visa holders (TR), Transit passengers (TS), Sports visa holders (S), Monks and other religious visa holders (R), Retirement visa holders (O-A/O-X), Thailand Privilege Card holders (Elite card), Volunteers (O), and non-formal students visa holders (such as language schools, diving schools, boxing schools).

For Thailand Privilege Card holders, please contact Thailand Privilege Card Co., Ltd. (Thailand Elite) directly to request for an authorization. At this stage, without an authorization from Thailand, the Royal Thai Embassy can’t issue COE for Elite card holders. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Phillip9 said:

Interesting that if you read above that statement, Elite card is also listed in the group not currently allowed to enter.  It seems that they may only be allowed to enter in special cases.  Considering how difficult they are making it for them to enter, this card is not as “elite” as the advertising would lead you to believe.  

Currently, the following types of visas are NOT permitted to enter Thailand: Tourists visa holders (TR), Transit passengers (TS), Sports visa holders (S), Monks and other religious visa holders (R), Retirement visa holders (O-A/O-X), Thailand Privilege Card holders (Elite card), Volunteers (O), and non-formal students visa holders (such as language schools, diving schools, boxing schools).

For Thailand Privilege Card holders, please contact Thailand Privilege Card Co., Ltd. (Thailand Elite) directly to request for an authorization. At this stage, without an authorization from Thailand, the Royal Thai Embassy can’t issue COE for Elite card holders. 

The statement is as clear as mud. As Thailand Elite has communicated it is allowed but the details have not yet been worked out. Still nothing to do but wait for me if I could enter without quarantine I would buy another 5 years but i would rather switch to O-A. 

On 8/13/2020 at 9:41 PM, rimpsstar said:

Yes it seems they are.

Based on my research in the last few hours it seems my options are:

Apply for Elite card

Book a business class seat on a repatriation flight as apparently the majority of economy tickets are prioritised to Thai nationals

Receive visa when I arrive, then undergo 14 day Quarantine at an approved Hotel from the list

All this hassle just to enter Thailand.It's baffling but that's Thailand for you.I'm sure it's worth it.