BANGKOK
villageidiotY2K

What's your thought on permenant residency??

Hello dear mongers, I've Google a bit about the subject. 

Some interests to me were, 

Don't need to renew visa and 90 day reports. 

Will have nothing to do with retirement visa criterias.

*if the marriage gets south

Criteria to apply for pr is one needs to be on non imm visa for +3 years, have income requirement or Married to a Thai spouse if I'm correct. 

But I read somewhere that after applying for it, it takes like 6 yrs to get approval?? 

Does anyone have experience with this pr thing and pls do share? 

• Haha 1

just wondering if ur like 80 yrs old, u still gotta drag your gimpy ass with a stick or a wheel chair to extend and reportt!? oh dear god jesus, its even hard to climb those steps with my gimpy legs and what a nuissance to those around me. at this age, i cant even hear, comprehend what the officer is saying behind those desks.

whatelse, its even hard for me to get my big ass outter my bed with my shredded bones and muscles. gabogabogabogabogabogabo

• Like 1

I did my interview in March and now its just a case of waiting. I followed up with the lawyer the other day and she said my file had been passed through the Committee and is working its way up. Hopefully should get it within next year.

For me if you qualify its a no brainer. I think generally for non working routes its probably harder than it sounds.

• Like 2

I think I not heard any report of anybody have done it with married extension. Even according to Immigration it should be possible now!

I would like to know how easy/hard it is, when you not have an income and are only married. I heared one time if you have children that this give extra points. without children in a marriage you lose some points. But the question is, how hard it is really.

Till now there are missing example of persons who done it.

20 hours ago, villageidiotY2K said:

Criteria to apply for pr is one needs to be on non imm visa for +3 years, have income requirement or Married to a Thai spouse if I'm correct. 

But I read somewhere that after applying for it, it takes like 6 yrs to get approval?? 

If married you apply for citizenship.

No need for PR.

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

No need for PR.

You sure that you can apply for citizenship without a workpermit on marriage extension?

According to Immigration at least with a marriage extension you can apply for Permanent Residence. And maybe the OP not want thai citizenship, as some countries not allow them without giving up your original citizenship... 

Edited by HampiK
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, HampiK said:

ou sure that you can apply for citizenship without a workpermit on marriage extension?

You gotta be working for either.

For the money and hassle its sound to be a bit of a Delete to me, I do qualify but no chance of considering it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

No need for PR.

Ive heard that too, is it actually feasible ?

would go for citizenship but not PR.. Assuming I would have to change my current extension to be based on marriage rather than work.

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

You gotta be working for either.

According to some website there is a new "Humanity" Category, which allow without a work, as this website only state income for Business Category or Employment Category. But as I wrote I am not sure if you would receive an OK at the end... as Apply not mean you become it! 

Humanity Category: Have been married to a Thai national, or be the parent or child of a Thai citizen.