Jump to content
BANGKOK
webfact

France to be added to UK quarantine countries

Recommended Posts

France to be added to UK quarantine countries

 

_113931644_mediaitem113931641.jpg

Image captionFrance is the second-most-visited country for UK citizens.Image copyright EPA

 

People coming to the UK from France and the Netherlands will be forced to quarantine for 14 days from Saturday.

 

Transport Secretary Grant Shapps said the measure - which also applies to people travelling from Monaco, Malta, Turks and Caicos, and Aruba - would kick in from 04:00 BST.

 

He added that this was necessary to keep coronavirus infections down. The government's decision follows a surge in cases in the countries affected in recent days.

 

Full story: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-53773914

 

bbc.jpg

-- © Copyright BBC 2020-08-14
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another one bites the dust, but doesn't effect channel crossings in dingys 555.

  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know a family who went to France a week ago. They knew this was probably going to happen and were not bothered as they were working from home.  I noticed that there are still plenty of flights, well Easyjet and Ryanair, between the UK and Spain. Currently about 6 in UK airspace returning from Spain and Portugal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Another one bites the dust, but doesn't effect channel crossings in dingys 555.

Oh yes it will!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And those people sit on a plane, then go through a packed airport, sit on a bus and another train full of people, then made to stay home for 2 weeks...madness

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

You need to go at short notice to countries that have low infection rates, luckily I've booked Rome for the 19th and Athens on the 23rd. I think both of those countries are ok for a few more weeks and Boris hasn't got the balls to exclude Germany, I'm flying back via Dortmund.

 

And before anyone says I'm mad, yes I am, but these places are devoid of hordes of tourists and I've always wanted to see the Colliseum, Sistine Chapel and the Acropolis. In Rome I'm staying in a hostel, but over 45s need a private room, bit ageist that!

Edited by tribalfusion001

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

You need to go at short notice to countries that have low infection rates, luckily I've booked Rome for the 19th and Athens on the 23rd. I think both of those countries are ok for a few more weeks and Boris hasn't got the balls to exclude Germany, I'm flying back via Dortmund.

 

And before anyone says I'm mad, yes I am, but these places are devoid of hordes of tourists and I've always wanted to see the Colliseum, Sistine Chapel and the Acropolis. In Rome I'm staying in a hostel, but over 45s need a private room, bit ageist that!

and if you are asymptomatic, then you spread covid on your Europe tour, that's how it started

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Opl said:

and if you are asymptomatic, then you spread covid on your Europe tour, that's how it started

77% of flu infections are asymptomatic and the same for covid-19, does that mean no one can travel anywhere again. I think people are losing sight of what is happening. You need to live with viruses not shut everything down.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

77% of flu infections are asymptomatic and the same for covid-19, does that mean no one can travel anywhere again. I think people are losing sight of what is happening. You need to live with viruses not shut everything down.

It's a pandemic.

Make sure you don't spread it back at home if you ever get infected on your trip. But it's useless since finally you're not in control. 

I personnally can live a few months without boarding planes all over Europe, until we get a vaccine - and keep my distances at home etc.. to avoid a second complete lockdown. 

Enjoy your trip, LOL

Edited by Opl
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Opl said:

It's a pandemic.

Make sure you don't spread it back at home if you ever get infected on your trip. But it's useless since finally you're not in control. 

I personnally can live a few months without boarding planes all over Europe, until we get a vaccine - and keep my distances at home etc.. to avoid a second complete lockdown. 

Enjoy your trip, LOL

It might be difficult catching it as I only know one person here in the UK and in Thailand who has caught it, he works in a care home.

 

I will enjoy my trip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

77% of flu infections are asymptomatic

Debatable:

"The role of asymptomatic or presymptomatic influenza-infected individuals in disease transmission may have been overestimated in recent articles dealing with pandemic planning. More definitive influenza transmission studies are needed." https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2646474/#__sec9title

And if a vaccine can be delivered to at least 70+% of the population, community spread should be negated to stall infection surges. Of course there is currently no vaccine for Covid-19.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

Debatable:

"The role of asymptomatic or presymptomatic influenza-infected individuals in disease transmission may have been overestimated in recent articles dealing with pandemic planning. More definitive influenza transmission studies are needed." https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2646474/#__sec9title

And if a vaccine can be delivered to at least 70+% of the population, community spread should be negated to stall infection surges. Of course there is currently no vaccine for Covid-19.

I got this from the NHS website. https://www.nhs.uk/news/medical-practice/three-quarters-of-people-with-flu-have-no-symptoms/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

You need to go at short notice to countries that have low infection rates, luckily I've booked Rome for the 19th and Athens on the 23rd. I think both of those countries are ok for a few more weeks and Boris hasn't got the balls to exclude Germany, I'm flying back via Dortmund.

 

And before anyone says I'm mad, yes I am, but these places are devoid of hordes of tourists and I've always wanted to see the Colliseum, Sistine Chapel and the Acropolis. In Rome I'm staying in a hostel, but over 45s need a private room, bit ageist that!

Got friends on holiday in Sardinia and France at the moment.  Those in Sardinia have planned the two weeks isolation as part of the package easily enough as the whole family can work from home.  The kids will have isolation time before going back to school.  The people in France were aware of the probable restrictions and again planned for it.

 

Most people will adjust their timetables accordingly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Got friends on holiday in Sardinia and France at the moment.  Those in Sardinia have planned the two weeks isolation as part of the package easily enough as the whole family can work from home.  The kids will have isolation time before going back to school.  The people in France were aware of the probable restrictions and again planned for it.

 

Most people will adjust their timetables accordingly.

France will be imposing 2 week quarantine on British visitors, not confirmed yet. Seems a political move by UK over the channel crossings.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

France will be imposing 2 week quarantine on British visitors, not confirmed yet. Seems a political move by UK over the channel crossings.

Starts tomorrow (Saturday)  has been confirmed with the Netherlands, Monaco and a few others.  It is because of spikes in those countries, nothing to do with Channel Crossings.  Looks like France are putting in reciprocal measures as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...