Richard Barrow getting the Boot from Thailand?

meechai

Let's be honest Richard has highlighted 'HIS' annual extention as way of ensuring it happens nothing more.

Im not sayin he isn't a good source of info for some Tourists or expats.

looks like a rinse and repeat procedure though.

• Like 1

Last year he said the same thing about his visa.....He made a big production out of it....Then the visa came through.....I expect the same this year......But then again he some one with power might have had enough of him.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

and let the citizens of the country take care of the problems and changes.

We had that before in some countries throughout history.

It is always easier to look away and pretend not being there.

On the one hand people should be able to speak somewhat freely. On the other hand it’s easy to understand how some Thais feel about Westerners, especially when so many of us come off as rude, arrogant and demanding, with a lack of understanding what it’s like to grow up poor. That doesn’t fit too well with Thai culture or any culture for that matter. 

Edited by DBath
Spelling
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, MJKT2014 said:

Yes, wonder why the admin couldn't just move it to the correct forum instead of closing it? That's our Joe I guess.

Other related threads have also been closed. Too many of the wrong toes have been trodden on.

No doubt this thread will close soon.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

There’s no doubt Richard is an excellent source of info for all things Thailand and a nice bloke too.

But I wouldn’t read too much in to this. 

It is not uncommon for immigration to visit a foreigner especially around the time or shortly after renewing their extension of stay. There are lots of threads posted about that on this forum. 

15 minutes ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

There’s no doubt Richard is an excellent source of info for all things Thailand and a nice bloke too.

But I wouldn’t read too much in to this. 

It is not uncommon for immigration to visit a foreigner especially around the time or shortly after renewing their extension of stay. There are lots of threads posted about that on this forum. 

for 3 hours???

2 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

I think there will big changes coming up in authoritarian countries around the world due to covid-19 and the economic fallout.

the longer i live the tighter the noose keeps getting.    

its a tough world out there... or here.     but a lot of people in the world have it worse than us TV

curmudgeons .     

now, back to season three of Billions.    i recommend it for folks who like to watch the games played

by the rich and powerful

Latest tweet from RB:

Replying to
I know a lot of people are speculating about the reasons with some crazy conspiracy theories. The Immigration officials gave me no indication that they were targeting me. I only passed last year because some influential people in government called the chief of Immigration.

In normal years, I would leave the country and come back with a tourist visa and start again. With the borders closed, my only option is to fly back to the UK. As I won’t have a Non-B visa, I cannot come back for months. Unfortunately, the family home in the UK is being sold.

Frowning face

Try seeing it from the other side for a second.

Guys been here 25 years and as he says it's his home now. 

Maybe this chap has forgotten some important Western philosophies such as do not defecate where you eat.

Thailand is hurting and there's no tourists so why on earth did he think it's a good idea to talk about dual pricing. 

He put a target on his head on purpose by being a lone ranger he should have stuck to travel blogging and left all other matters to other people. 

This is only your home if you tow the line and you all know that. 

Bangkok p not doing him any favours pushing his content and he is not doing farang any favours either. 

• Like 1