Trump's ex-lawyer Michael Cohen says to reveal president's 'skeletons' in upcoming book

webfact

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't blame Trump for doing that. Why on earth would he give them the rope to hang him ( and that does not mean I think there was any rope in the first place ). It was, IMO, so obviously an attempt to stitch him up that no rational person would willingly co operate with them, even if having nothing to fear.

If he did not legally have to do more, then he was doing what most of us would have done in that situation.

Where that argument fails is that one can beat the Mueller, Mueller, Mueller drum as much as one wants, but the reality is it produced nothing sufficient to convict him of in the trial.

With regards to the the interview, he refused to answer, was vague, or lied in some of his responses. Then refused follow ups. I can semi-understand the argument that Trump would incriminate himself of perjury in any interview, but the written responses were responses that his lawyers could review to avoid that. Yet he still refused to respond. Obviously because he was afraid of incriminating himself. That may have been a sound legal strategy, but it certainly doesn't mean that he was innocent. If anything it makes it obvious that he is hiding something.

There were multiple clear cut obstruction cases, which is what downed Nixon. It was pointless to pursue them beyond what was done though as he was never going to be impeached in the Senate.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

As long as the swamp remains, voters will vote against the establishment candidate. Seems that many don't understand that Trump was a protest vote, not a vote for him per se.

Indeed, it re-affirmed my faith in American people, that despite all the "support" which was astroturfed smear tactics, they chose Trump and Sanders for their working class appeal. A lot of this was swing voters not ideologues.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, jcsmith said:

With regards to the the interview, he refused to answer, was vague, or lied in some of his responses. Then refused follow ups. I can semi-understand the argument that Trump would incriminate himself of perjury in any interview, but the written responses were responses that his lawyers could review to avoid that. Yet he still refused to respond. Obviously because he was afraid of incriminating himself. That may have been a sound legal strategy, but it certainly doesn't mean that he was innocent. If anything it makes it obvious that he is hiding something.

There were multiple clear cut obstruction cases, which is what downed Nixon. It was pointless to pursue them beyond what was done though as he was never going to be impeached in the Senate.

Given he was never going to be "convicted" ( he was already impeached ) it was all, IMO, a waste of time, and certain Dems just looked foolish. They'd have done better with their time finding a candidate that could beat Trump in November.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jcsmith said:

You expected them to just look the other way while the President commited crimes?

And since we're talking relevancy of that Russia probe... This is well timed news: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/national-security/bipartisan-senate-report-describes-2016-trump-campaign-eager-accept-help-n1237002?cid=sm_npd_ms_tw_ma

The senate's bipartisan report is pretty damning, as well. 

Very interesting. Let's see what Cohen may say about it. ????

Quotes from the report:

"the Trump campaign took actions to obtain advance notice about WikiLeaks releases of Clinton emails; took steps to obtain inside information about the content of releases once WikiLeaks began to publish stolen information; created messaging strategies to promote and share the materials in anticipation of and following their release; and encouraged further theft of information and continued leaks."

"Russian officials, intelligence services, and others acting on the Kremlin's behalf were capable of exploiting the Transition's shortcomings for Russia's advantage."

"Despite Trump's recollection, the committee assesses that Trump did, in fact, speak with Stone about WikiLeaks and with members of his campaign about Stone's access to WikiLeaks on multiple occasions."

• Haha 2

Yeah. And like normal I notice we get the laughing responses from the Trump supporters about this... Of course they won't even comment on it... Because they have no excuse or explanation for it. Tongue tied guys? You had plenty to say yestesrday. I'd love to hear you spin this one.

Edited by jcsmith