Murder of Singapore businessman's wife in Korat: Mother slams insensitive Thai media

webfact

6 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Sorry, its not clear as to whether you are asking me a question or making a statement due to you putting a question mark at the end of a statement 

Its very clear unless english is your 2nd language.

is there a problem with the husband providing money? Or even better, is it relevant?

4 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

A Thai woman with a Japanese last name who's most recently been married to a Singaporean businessman??? A regular local branch of the United Nations...

So what? It was her business and her business alone as to how she ran her life. Certainly nothing to do with TVF posters.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Quite often Thai reporters report what they think might have happened , speculate about what could have happened, rather than writing anything factual .

Like : She was pretty > Men like pretty woman > Many men liked her > She had many male boyfriends > one of them must have did it out of jealousy.

Case solved and thats the newstory printed 

true enough, the quality of thai journalism is shockingly low, i don't know whether it's because they have no idea how to do their job, or are just too lazy. i think 'webfact' posters should think before simply cutting and pasting inaccurate and/or misleading articles which are basically a waste of time

17 hours ago, Deli said:

May the victim rest in peace.

Shame to the parents who used her to pay for their expenses and for the siblings' education, it's the parents duty to take care of this.

So you are here to judge and try to change that culture, are you? Why not accept that Thai culture is different than yours and simply respect it? 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bander said:

Agree, it's quite common that thai women with a rich sponsor have this kind of deal with the family. Why save the money in the bank when the sponsor pouring money at her?

It is also quite common for Thai women to have more than one sponsor 

Edited by ChipButty
  • Sad 1

On 8/14/2020 at 9:24 AM, colinneil said:

All those members on here discrediting the poor lady, should hang their heads in shame.

You know who you are, next time something like this happens, think first, not everybody messes around.

Poor lady was murdered by a thief.

A wretched tragedy no matter who she was sleeping with.  None of that has anything to do with the loss felt by her loved ones.  Western values are essentially heartless judgements of other people, by standards the very detractors hurl around like mud balls.  Self-indulgent idiots <deleted> off and go home.

3 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Thats quite normal for bar girls , thats not normal for Thai woman in general 

and who sponsors the "bar" girls>> farang, some of whom would be o here now. Glass houses, comes to mind

On 8/14/2020 at 9:24 AM, colinneil said:

All those members on here discrediting the poor lady, should hang their heads in shame.

You know who you are, next time something like this happens, think first, not everybody messes around.

Poor lady was murdered by a thief.

Unfortunately we as foreigners often "suppose" something is true because of our limited acceptance of what happens in Thailand. We are not the Judge nor the Juror ....... and respect should in this particular case for the poor woman. There are tough times for many people ...... even the rich. Don't be the fool and say <deleted> because you have a mouth........ at least attempt to engage your brain and decency before writing your garbage. Just my say.

RIP for the poor wife, husband and family who now will not have that support that she provided to her family.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/14/2020 at 4:06 PM, CorpusChristie said:
On 8/14/2020 at 4:03 PM, Sujo said:

And there is a problem doing that?

Sorry, its not clear as to whether you are asking me a question or making a statement due to you putting a question mark at the end of a statement 

How could a sentence ending with a question mark not be a question?  That was a question also.

On 8/14/2020 at 2:50 PM, CGW said:

Indeed! a disgusting part of Thai "life" I will never agree with!

Interesting how this economic model doesn't work and they just don't get it. They look at us "farang" as being rich but they never look at our way of doing things because they think we are wrong about everything we do. How often do you here them say "you foreigner you no understand"? And they are right, I never will understand another person's complete arrogance and an unwillingness to learn.

4 hours ago, BobinBKK said:

I never will understand another person's complete arrogance and an unwillingness to learn.

What on earth are you on about? is that a dig at my POV? 

I do understand the Thai model of "filial duty" and their interpretation of it, do you?

"Their" interpretation means it was quite correct for my wife's parents to rent out their kids at 12 years old, that is a part of the reality, though it appears you are in denial that this is the way it works in a lot of instances here, you can chose to ignore that fact due to arrogance if you so choose! ????