Richard Barrow may not have his visa renewed and could be forced to leave Thailand

webfact

5 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

He has a work permit for his school job, he makes nothing from his travel blog, the authorities are just fragile and worried that he gets attention from other farang!

Immigration visiting his workplace for 3 hours looked more like home than school?

• Thanks 1

If there’s one thing I learnt growing up it’s keep your mouth shut and don’t go looking for trouble.. and trouble won’t come looking for you!

hes gotta be around 60 and just tries his best to upset the apple cart .. he has really pushed his luck the last 6 months

he views himself as some kind of internet sensation, enjoy England mr burrows, better get some warm clothes ready for the journey home 555

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

6 minutes ago, madmitch said:

Richard himself tweeted a few weeks ago that he needed to keep his nose clean as he didn't want to go through the same Immigration hassle he had last year. Maybe he should have been less verbose on the dual pricing issue but possibly any damage may have been done previously.

I hope things work out for him. I've never agreed with everything he does or says and have actually found his work a little fawning at times but he's a valuable resource for expats and travellers. I have met him and he seems genuine.

Completely agree. If your living in a glass house you most certainly shouldn’t be throwing stones! 

these countries ain’t soft like the UK but apparently after 30 years he hasn’t even realised that !

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jackcwba said:

If there’s one thing I learnt growing up it’s keep your mouth shut and don’t go looking for trouble.. and trouble won’t come looking for you!

hes gotta be around 60 and just tries his best to upset the apple cart .. he has really pushed his luck the last 6 months

he views himself as some kind of internet sensation, enjoy England mr burrows, better get some warm clothes ready for the journey home 555

Nothing to do with the article, Just a remark about your first sentence : some people have stayed put all their lives and that did not stop "trouble" to find them, trust me ????

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'd never ever go on face<deleted>, instagram, or any of that <deleted>, but if he has been "spreading the word on how Thailand looks at farangs" he is quite rightly going to get the boot out of LOS. Biting the hand that feeds one is never a good idea.

Can't believe how many farang aliens think they have "rights" in LOS.

Want to stay- smile, keep mouth shut on social media <deleted>.

See his own post.

I know a lot of people are speculating about the reasons with some crazy conspiracy theories. The Immigration officials gave me no indication that they were targeting me.

31 minutes ago, ravip said:

Tweeting or Blogging per se, will not be considered a "business" anywhere, for sure.

It's when one start to 'correct' a government or the like that gets the pot boiling - anywhere!

He does the blogging for a hobby but I am quite sure if he did decide to monetise it he would make a lot more that you do!

Edited by Mr Meeseeks
grammar
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Hope he get all clear! He's visa thing going other hand's than that IO office where he visit ! IO not  anymore deside hes visa becauce hes getting "under consideration" stamp! It's going higher lvl! Main office! 

Hope he can stay!

You don't do what he has done unless something happened. Was he always acting out. Not to my knowledge. So what made this guy start attacking the country he claims to love. Did he really think he had pull. Perhaps the digital world he lives in went to his head. 25 years and being one of the first blogs and he sets his stall out very well and embraces everything good about thailand and then uturns all of a sudden.

Strange that.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, bestie said:

Sure you get into the focus if you blogging. But come on, I mean who doesn't have any problems with renewing their permission of stay or get a new Visa. Sooner or later you will. It isn't only Richard. 

Indeed, and Samat Prakarn are notorious for asking for bribes to process applications as I have found out. Even with (and possibly in collusion with) an agent, they wanted an additional 17k from us to grant an annual extension to a Non-B visa after work permit was granted. 

Whatever the case may be here they are bullies and threatening Richard, regardless of the final outcome, is an expected low for them.

1 hour ago, Skallywag said:

I never understood how Tweeting or Blogging could be considered a "business" anywhere.  Guess I still live in the past.  Hope he gets his Visa worked out.

Some people get a 6 figure income with blogging. 6 figures in USD, not in Baht.  

• Like 2