Richard Barrow may not have his visa renewed and could be forced to leave Thailand

webfact

15 minutes ago, Pilotman said:Best bit of advice I ever got, from a long time farang here, is to always be the 'grey man', never draw attention to yourself by word or deed.  Good advice that.  

100% agree, my dad always taught me to be the grey man. A phrase they use in the SAS. It seems mr barrows enjoys the spotlight too much, I’m still convinced this is all a publicity stunt he’s going to announce next week he’s staying.. have you all seen his recent twitter post? He’s cropped his Bloody face with a police car in the background for crying out loud.

somebody take his keyboard away from him! 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, JackThompson said:
22 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Why should you care?... Wouldn’t you like to own your own house etc, receive better rights in Thailand? 

Not have to put up with the banal hoop jumping for Visas etc? 90 day reports?

I couldn't care less if Thais get a break on going to Safari World - in fact, I am happy for them.   The TM-30 move was nice, but it wasn't that hard for me to input some data on a website after a trip.  Something about a speck in the eye comes to mind. 

I would like immigration's corruption to be cleaned up, so my family isn't at constant risk of being broken up and/or extorted every year.  Due to inability to access the less-corrupt MFA's Consulates, I may be forced out of the country in Sept.

And it would take someone like Richard Barrow to publicise these issues.... 

the TM30 situation has already improved. Dual Pricing has received attention. Could the ‘Immigration Corruption’ and inconsistent regulations and constant risk of a family being broken up be the next on the agenda for Ricard Barrow?????

Could foreigner’s in Thailand see further easing of the hoop-jumping ???  -  We’ll never know unless someone takes up the reins. 

Some are calling this ‘soy sipping, half baked, marxist’s’ or ‘whinging, whining foreigners’...  where as others (myself included) are recognising this for what it is... someone who could improve things for many foreigners in Thailand. 

Some people are so self centred and down right dumb they are unable to see the good work others are doing. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

Another thing is many farang (like me) just could not care less about double pricing or things like TM30, they just do not even come up on people's radar. I

The number of topics and posts about TM30 and Dual Pricing on ThaiVisa.com over the past couple of years would suggest otherwise. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

The number of topics and posts about TM30 and Dual Pricing on ThaiVisa.com over the past couple of years would suggest otherwise. 

That's because TVF is populated by lots of people with very little to do and a penchant for whinging about literally anything and everything. There are millions of farangs in Thailand.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

I take my own advice, I'm not on Twitter, Glitter, Fitter, Instagram,  and other 'gram', Facebook, MySpace, HerSpace, TheirSpace or any other Space.  TVF is as far as I go with social media.  Keep your head down and live your life.  That's why I live here in the first place, so that I don't have to put up with all that society BS. People like Barrow just make it more difficult for the rest of us. 

Why does he make it more difficult for the rest of us ???? in what way ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

Richard, he does provide some useful information, but i think you are over egging it a little. His head has also disappeared up his own ass.

Another thing is many farang (like me) just could not care less about double pricing or things like TM30, they just do not even come up on people's radar. I

Think he has definitely enjoyed the fact he’s been everybody’s go to guy during this pandemic. He is a moron sometimes.

”I should really law low while my visa is under consideration blah blah blah”

next day he is exposing thailand and the corrupt ways of immigration.. 

You mess with the bull you feel the horns !

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Heppinger said:
6 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Why does he make it more difficult for the rest of us ???? in what way ?

By dividing people, Thais who learn of his position and the position of the idiotic westerners that support him may get the impression that all westerners are obnoxious cry babies who wish to change their country at the detriment of tourist operators, the people they employ and their families. 

Wrong.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Heppinger said:

I could give 2 sh^ts what foreigners pay why? because this has effected me maybe 10 times in my 12 years in Thailand, 4 years permanent. So what are we talking? maybe 2000 lets say 10000 baht, cry me a river. Only an obnoxious Delete%r would want to reduce the revenue of tourist operators over that.  The other reason is my 2 sons are Thai and they are really all i care about.

You obviously care about more than ‘just your two sons’ otherwise you wouldn't be posting here !!!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sadly if you speak your mind it can be noted even on Thai visa non of us know who big brother is snooping on . Speak your mind and get your visa rejected kill a policeman whilst high on drugs and nothing happens Thailand never ceases to amaze me . Good look Richard whatever the future holds I think before to long there will be a lot of other people having there visas revoked especially the week of 26th September ☹️☹️☹️

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You obviously care about more than ‘just your two sons’ otherwise you wouldn't be posting here !!!! 

Guilty, i also care about the country they were born in and belong too.  That's why i'm passionate in protecting it's traditions from demoralized obnoxious westerners.  It's simple buddy, go home.

Edited by Heppinger
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

12 minutes ago, Heppinger said:

By dividing people, Thais who learn of his position and the position of the idiotic westerners that support him may get the impression that all westerners are obnoxious cry babies who wish to change their country at the detriment of tourist operators, the people they employ and their families. 

Raving...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Heppinger said:

Guilty, i also care about the country they were born in and belong too.  That's why i'm passionate in protecting it's traditions from demoralized obnoxious westerners.  It's simple buddy, go home.

It's traditions of having scantily clad women in bars looking for foreigners to have fun/money with and charging foreigners more to see some rubbish temple, very traditional 555

1 hour ago, JimGant said:

Yeah, not a great time for this kind of cause celebre. In fact, not even a great cause, except emotionally, as the farang price for certain services in Thailand is comparable to what they'd pay in farangland. The cheaper price for the "people" is a nod to their situation vis-a-vis farangs; that farangs pay a tax of sorts to help out the locals kind of resonates with me. As I say: It's an emotional issue, but certainly not an economic one.

As for Mr Barrow: Isn't he the gay butler in Downton Abbey? What's he doing over here? ????

Nonsense. It's just a big cash grab. 

Your statement might hold some water if the foreigner price came first and was the 'normal' price with Thais getting a discount.

But that isn't the case. The price was the same for all, but suddenly the price for foreigners raised anything from three-fold to ten-fold.

They've been ripping and living off foreigners off for too long. Now the chickens are coming home to roost.

• Like 2

"I only passed last year because some influential people in government called the chief of Immigration."

not sure why all the fuzz. as he himself says it is not uncommon for him to fly back to the uk, and return to Thailand on a new visa.

As he said, last year his visa was renewed bc of influential Thai people.

So evidently, despite the usual cynicism, "they" have nothing against Richard, even helped him last year, but apparently this year they do a check and mabye not a visa renewal, according to the rules.

There is nothing sinister or unusual or unlawful with that.

A petition to force Thai authorities to give him a visa? ?lol, on the grounds that he is a "nice guy"? absurd. The Entitlement Disease, people think they are entitled to just about everything. 

2 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

It's traditions of having scantily clad women in bars looking for foreigners to have fun/money with and charging foreigners more to see some rubbish temple, very traditional 555

Can you name me a country that doesn't have scantly clad women looking for money?  enjoy your utopian western country built on harmony, equality and fairy tales.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

Nonsense. It's just a big cash grab. 

Your statement might hold some water if the foreigner price came first and was the 'normal' price with Thais getting a discount.

But that isn't the case. The price was the same for all, but suddenly the price for foreigners raised anything from three-fold to ten-fold.

They've been ripping and living off foreigners off for too long. Now the chickens are coming home to roost.

No tourists to rip off now, they will have to start charging Thais to get into the attractions and places, watch the outcry then when foreigners are not subsidizing them.

• Like 2