Price of a life? Hired gunman said he was paid 2,500 baht for murder

webfact

Price of a life? Hired gunman said he was paid 2,500 baht for murder

3pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

A hired gunman has told police in Phang Nga province in southern Thailand that he was paid just 2,500 baht to commit murder. 

The money came from a person who was owed money by the victim and who claimed that they were stabbed after going to try and get it back.

Leuang, 38, a crab forager from Buriram, was found in a ditch in a palm oil plantation in the Takuathung police jurisdiction on Saturday.

She had been shot in the head.

Police soon arrested Phakorn, 26, the hired killer at a house in Muang district and took a shotgun and ammunition into evidence. 

After the suspect was questioned a warrant for the arrest of the person who hired him was sought. 

Phakorn - charged with murder and weapons' offences - admitted everything, said provincial police chief Pol Maj-Gen Tharatcha Thomphat yesterday.

The killer said that he went to the palm plantation on August 3rd and had a short chat with the intended victim. 

He then shot her in the head and fled the scene. He said he didn't know how much the murdered woman had owed but the person who hired him had said when they went to get it back Leuang had stabbed them. 

Maj-Gen Tharatcha confirmed the details saying it was a case of revenge and in the public interest in the area.

A warrant for the person who hired Phakorn had been applied for. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-08-14

• Sad 2

49 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I had been quoted 30,000 baht a few years back by a local cop which I thought was reasonable, e.g. if you need to get rid of someone, you call me, not that I ever would Tiruk.

I wonder how much, to get rid of barking/biting dogs?

• Like 2

My wife points out an Hired Assassin that works for the Police and frequents her moms coffee shop. She says he has killed scores of people.

A few years ago I had some issues with a Contractor ripping me off and went to the Police. They recommended a person who could solve the problem. The next day I got a call from a guy who wanted to have a coffee. The first thing he said to me was that he handled the "Dark Side" of issues. I did not like the contractor, but I certainly did not want that on my Karma.

Edited by exparte
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, exparte said:

My wife points out an Hired Assassin that works for the Police and frequents her moms coffee shop. She says he has killed scores of people.

A few years ago I had some issues with a Contractor ripping me off and went to the Police. They recommended a person who could solve the problem. The next day I got a call from a guy who wanted to have a coffee. The first thing he said to me was that he handled the "Dark Side" of issues. I did not like the contractor, but I certainly did not want that on my Karma.

Do so-called Hired Assassins in this country go around saying, "You got a job for me?" From what I am reading here it seems to be the case.

One fine day, someone will phone me and say, "your wife paid me 3,500 Baht up front to do you in, but if you add another 1,500 baht to round up the figure to 5,000 baht I could get rid of her for you. It's the best deal in town, go check it out "

On 8/14/2020 at 10:41 AM, 2 is 1 said:

He shoot woman coz 80 $. And was willing to spend rest hes life in prison! Where this world is going!

The world is going, and has gone, nowhere.

The same ever since we apes started with deception.

On 8/14/2020 at 10:56 AM, 4MyEgo said:

I had been quoted 30,000 baht a few years back by a local cop which I thought was reasonable, e.g. if you need to get rid of someone, you call me, not that I ever would Tiruk.

Sounds reasonable. How about buy one, get one free?