One year marriage extension – The 2 x 40k method?

Hi all,

I've read on this forum that if you apply for your first one year extension based on marriage you don't necessarily have to show 400k in your bank account.

You can instead show proof of (at least) two monthly transfers into your Thai bank of 40k each.

Can someone confirm it's correct?

And if it's correct, can I show my bank book as a proof?

Is there anyone who used that method in Hua Hin immigration and did they accept it?

Thanks

It is allowed for the first extension of stay application. The immigration order allowing for proof of income by showing transfers into the country shows it. But some immigration offices will not accept it.

You have to prove the transfers came from abroad. You will need a bank statement showing they came from abroad. If they do not show they came from you may have to get credit advices from the bank for the proof.

9 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It is allowed for the first extension of stay application. The immigration order allowing for proof of income by showing transfers into the country shows it. But some immigration offices will not accept it.

You have to prove the transfers came from abroad. You will need a bank statement showing they came from abroad. If they do not show they came from you may have to get credit advices from the bank for the proof.

I heard some immigration offices want to see where the money comes from. What do they accept as proof for that? I saw that you recently did your extension. What did they ask for?

25 minutes ago, AndyPa said:

I heard some immigration offices want to see where the money comes from. What do they accept as proof for that?

They want proof of the source of your income. Investments, savings, pensions and etc should be accepted.

I showed proof of my social security payments.