Marriage extension using local income - documentation needed?

My employer wants me to switch from a business extension to a marriage extension, he thinks it will reduce his overall costs.

I have no problem doing this, but what financial paperwork is needed to support my application? I don't want to place a lump-sum in the bank if I can use my income (all taxes paid etc.)

Immigration office will be Pathum Thani.

43 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Tax stuff no issue, how do I document the income, is this a bank letter job?

No, it is not that simple any more.  This is the same incorrect advice I received - though it can vary by office.  Unless you use "money in the bank," they now make you, essentially, 're-prove' your work-permit was correctly issued with company-docs, pics in the office, etc.  My employer was similarly dis-pleased, after i was hired in part because I didn't need them to get a non-b for me.  That was before we found out about immigration corrupting the boi-process - and even after avoiding that with the regular labor-office, another round of hoop-jumping at the regular immigration-office.  I will likely be leaving Thailand in Sept, as a result.

I am not sure where you are applying, but here is a successful report from Chiang Wattana, Bangkok:

Note that if your employer took advantage of the covid tax-deferrment, that could be a deal-killer, as you will not have 3 (should be 2 mo proven-income, but they lie) on-time tax-payments for the last 3 months.

Edited by JackThompson
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Crossy said:

@JackThompson thanks for that. 

I will get the company HR lady to call our local IO to verify exactly what they need. We're not due until November anyway just trying to get all the ducks in a row.

Good on you for planning ahead.  Just make sure your HR lady specifies that you will: "... be applying for a Non-O Based on Marriage to a Thai, using Income from a Thai Employer w/ work-permit."  

It's a whole different ball-game than the "money in the bank" method.   The business loaning you the money for 3-4 mo might be more cost-effective than the time they may have to spend running around to different govt offices getting "stamped originals" of everything (tax-doc copies cerfified by company-officer not acceptable, a valid DBD printout stamped by a bank not-acceptable, etc).

Edited by JackThompson
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JackThompson said:

The business loaning you the money for 3-4 mo might be more cost-effective than the time they may have to spend running around to different govt offices getting "stamped originals" of everything (tax-doc copies not acceptable, a valid DBD printout stamped by a bank not-acceptable, etc).

Yeah, that had occured to me too. They already prepare a mega-stack for the annual business extension anyway, it sounds awfully like immigration are looking for the same stuff, plus the marriage stuff as well.

Argh!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

Tax stuff no issue, how do I document the income, is this a bank letter job?

You just need to show tax payment receipts and last years tax return.

No need for anything from a bank.

I suggest you check with your local office to find out what they require besides your work permit and tax payments. Some only want a copy of the company registration.

• Like 1

@ubonjoe the saga linked to by @JackThompson scared me a bit although we will be using Pathum Thani office, I will indeed get our office lady to check what's needed.

My only real issue is that I will have two ladies with me who will expect me to buy lunch rather than just the one ????

38 minutes ago, Crossy said:

@ubonjoe the saga linked to by @JackThompson scared me a bit although we will be using Pathum Thani office, I will indeed get our office lady to check what's needed.

My only real issue is that I will have two ladies with me who will expect me to buy lunch rather than just the one ????

Yes - I linked you the 'success' case, vs my unsuccessful one - but was very similar in what they demanded. 

If that report had come in before I applied, I could have been prepared with all the other pointless-junk and successful, due to having 3 'on time' tax-payments at the time of that attempt (supposedly all I needed - wrong).  A couple days later, Imm wanted another newer month tax-receipt, which had been covid-deferred. 

If not using CW-Bangkok, who knows - maybe Pathum Thani is nicer about it.  But it will need to go up to the district-sign-off level (because your Non-O is for supporting a Thai family,  instead of being 'retired'), and that is where the problems often originate. 

Edited by JackThompson
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, JackThompson said:

...Just make sure your HR lady specifies that you will: "... be applying for a Non-O Based on Marriage to a Thai, using Income from a Thai Employer w/ work-permit."...

I understand the OP's intention differently. Whereas previously he indicated "employment" on the application form as the reason for his application for the one-year extensions, he wants to get his future extensions for the reason of "living with Thai wife".

On 8/14/2020 at 1:02 PM, Crossy said:

The order actually specifics are

(6) In the case of marriage to a Thai woman, the alien husband must earn an average annual income of no less than Baht 40,000 per month or must have no less than Baht 400,000 in a bank account in Thailand for the past two months to cover expenses for one year. 

The proof of income, as I understand the it (I don’t have direct information) in the case of someone employed in Thailand are documents from the Tax Department that show the tax paid on the correct (minimum 40k average) for the complete previous 12 months, as you are changing the reason for your extension not getting a new extension.

A940E18A-82FF-480D-A8AB-2793B9EBD16A.jpeg.96f7ebecfae88bc85386a93042910ed7.jpeg

There is no actual requirement for company documents, but thay could be required under “anything else the IO wants” section 

Also the extension date will not be the same as your current one, you will loose a bit of time so don’t go in too soon.

We just did a new extension and they asked for a bank statement in my name only showing salary deposits matching the contract, copy of the contract, letter from the employer stating the contract is valid, last year's tax receipt, map of the employer's location (never been asked for photos yet), copy of work permit listing employer - then your personal info (passport, visa, extensions, etc.) photos of you and the wife in front of the house with address showing, in the living room, kitchen and bedroom, with and w/o family members/witnesses, marriage cert, aphere letter, 2 stool samples and a pint of blood. (not really on the last 2) If I missed anything someone will add it to the list. My wife takes care of all of it and I just have to come along and sign things. :wai:

30 minutes ago, mrwebb8825 said:

We just did a new extension and they asked for a bank statement in my name only showing salary deposits matching the contract, copy of the contract, letter from the employer stating the contract is valid, last year's tax receipt, map of the employer's location (never been asked for photos yet), copy of work permit listing employer - then your personal info (passport, visa, extensions, etc.) photos of you and the wife in front of the house with address showing, in the living room, kitchen and bedroom, with and w/o family members/witnesses, marriage cert, aphere letter, 2 stool samples and a pint of blood. (not really on the last 2) If I missed anything someone will add it to the list. My wife takes care of all of it and I just have to come along and sign things. :wai:

Which office was this? 
What you needed was much less than recently reported required at CW per recent reports (including my experience), and could help others applying in your area.

I just had a nightmare with this at Changwattna.

I have a Non O visa and work for a BOI company.

I had to show:

• PGD 1 + official receipt from Revenue Dept (3 months)
  • PGD 91 + official receipt from Revenue Dept
  • Thai language work certificate showing salary and position
  • Work permit (copy of digital in my case)
  • Company BOJ certification + official stamp from BOJ office
  • Official documentation of ALL employees at my company
  • Official documentation of all board of directors and owners at my company
  • 4 photos of me at office + in front of sign outside office
  • All of this had to be original ink stamp + signed by company owner

On 8/18/2020 at 10:34 AM, revgreen said:

PGD 1 + official receipt from Revenue Dept (3 months)

Note you need the Last 3 consecutive months paid on time (what I was told) - immigration do not care that your company took advantage of the covid tax-deferrment option.

Also note, you must have the Receipts from the tax-dept for printouts of all of these. 

On 8/18/2020 at 10:34 AM, revgreen said:

Official documentation of ALL employees at my company

This is new-new, since the last reports of the "this year new" requirements added at CW (including mine).  Too many legit-applicants were able to qualify, evidently, so they added more ways to block them.