Tourist Visa (under covid extension) to Marriage Visa

23 hours ago, greggraham said:

But I don't think he does have a permit to stay, he's on amnesty. Maybe @Barnabe can confirm. 

What you call an "amnesty" is an automatic extension, nothing else. The problem is that some immigration offices won't issue further extensions while on the "automatic extension".

• Like 2

Did anyone in Bangkok get a 60 day extension for visiting Thai wife/child and who was here on a visa exempt entry (30 day entry)?

I should mention that i mean people who are here on amnesty extension and were able to do it this month in BKK. I have used my 30 day extension before the amnesty and still in theory can use the 60 day one.

Edited by Jackie66

On 8/14/2020 at 6:31 PM, Maestro said:

What immigration office is your local IO?

Hat Yai.

1) Came in on 60 day tourist visa which expired at the start of March 2) Got +30 day extension 3) Got the COVID +30 extension (which it turns out I didn't need) 4) Now on Amnesty.

7 hours ago, Barnabe said:

It’s finally happening, going there this week.

It seems that this type of visa is in the Muang Thong Thani office, how does it work? Do I need to make a booking beforehand?

The 60 day extension to visit your wife will done at Chaeng Wattana. Muang Thong Thani only does extension related to entering visa exempt or tourist visas.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Barnabe said:

It’s finally happening, going there this week.

Read this first - not so much about the embassy letter, but about the "free stamp" which formalizes your permitted-stay until Sept 26.  That "free stamp" stops immigration from pretending you are on "amnestied-overstay" - when you are actually on a legal extension, given automatically per cabinet-order.

Down into that long thread, are passport-pictures of this "free stamp" from those who received them - so yes, it is "real."

Edited by JackThompson
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The 60 day extension to visit your wife will done at Chaeng Wattana. Muang Thong Thani only does extension related to entering visa exempt or tourist visas.

So even if entered on visa exempt or tourist visa if requesting a 60 day extension (wife/kid) I should go to the CW immigration not to the new one ?

I thought all Visa exempt/tourist entries need to go to the new one.

17 minutes ago, Jackie66 said:

So even if entered on visa exempt or tourist visa if requesting a 60 day extension (wife/kid) I should go to the CW immigration not to the new one ?

Yes 

It falls under a different category of extension than those for visa exempt and tourist visas.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JackThompson said:

Read this first - not so much about the embassy letter, but about the "free stamp" which formalizes your permitted-stay until Sept 26.  That "free stamp" stops immigration from pretending you are on "amnestied-overstay" - when you are actually on a legal extension, given automatically per cabinet-order.

Down into that long thread, are passport-pictures of this "free stamp" from those who received them - so yes, it is "real."

Unfortunately the passport-picture posted as proof of the 'Free Stamp' was from @FarFlungFalang , and it has been obtained by him on presenting his Embassy letter so that screenshot was just a special 30-day extension that was provided to him..

The only 'proof' at present of the Free Stamp are the 2 quotes posted by @greggraham from Facebook users that claimed they got it.

I am still skeptical whether it is not a hoax, especially since also a report was posted by a TVF member asking for that Free Stamp on Friday at his local IO and they didn't know anything about it.

We will know for sure on Monday or Tuesday, when other TVF members enquire about it at their local IO and reporting their experience.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Unfortunately the passport-picture posted as proof of the 'Free Stamp' was from @FarFlungFalang , and it has been obtained by him on presenting his Embassy letter so that screenshot was just a special 30-day extension that was provided to him..

The only 'proof' at present of the Free Stamp are the 2 quotes posted by @greggraham from Facebook users that claimed they got it.

I am still skeptical whether it is not a hoax, especially since also a report was posted by a TVF member asking for that Free Stamp on Friday at his local IO and they didn't know anything about it.

We will know for sure on Monday or Tuesday, when other TVF members enquire about it at their local IO and reporting their experience.

I mentioned in one post (can't remember which thread) that this stamp was entered into my passport and then voided and replaced by the under consideration stamp.This one looks more like the one @greggraham posted.I don't know if it signifies anything or not.

DSC02018.thumb.JPG.45ff545b5830c09d781912872d38eafa.JPG

Edited by FarFlungFalang

Just now, Peter Denis said:

What is false about it? 

>> I will refrain from posting about it anymore till there is more evidence that this Free Stamp is real and that people were provided with it on request.

You're saying the picture I posted was from @FarFlungFalang, and that is not true. 

As you can see from the picture he posted, he went to Yasothon IO and the photo I shared is from Prachuapkhirikhan IO. They're about 800km apart. So what you're stating, and trying to state as fact, is false. So tired of people on here posting things with such authority when they have none. 

3 minutes ago, greggraham said:

You're saying the picture I posted was from @FarFlungFalang, and that is not true. 

As you can see from the picture he posted, he went to Yasothon IO and the photo I shared is from Prachuapkhirikhan IO. They're about 800km apart. So what you're stating, and trying to state as fact, is false. So tired of people on here posting things with such authority when they have none. 

Sorry if I bloopered, it was not intentional.  Let's all calm down now and wait for more evidence.

It would be great if it was true, but allow me to be skeptical until we get some first-hand reports from TVF members that got that Free Stamp.

1 minute ago, Peter Denis said:

Sorry if I bloopered, it was not intentional.  Let's all calm down now and wait for more evidence.

It would be great if it was true, but allow me to be skeptical until we get some first-hand reports from TVF members that got that Free Stamp.

It's okay, I also want more evidence - this will actually affect me if it's true so I want evidence as much as the next person. I'm just trying to share as much info as I can that may help other people, doesn't help when it gets shot down, often unjustly.

@FarFlungFalang paid 1,900 and is "under consideration", according to this post;

I'm

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes 

It falls under a different category of extension than those for visa exempt and tourist visas.

Ahh ok. thank you. I will probably go on Tuesday so lucky i read this ???? As i thought the deciding factor is the type of visa/entry not type of extension.

2 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

It is undeniable that some have received this stamp. What is not yet established is:

• whether it will be rolled out across the whole country, available at all immigration offices; and
  • whether it will be provided to everyone, or only given under specific circumstances.
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is a 30 day extension obtained by FarFlungFalang, who is an Australian national, applied for with an Aus Embassy letter and a fee of 1,900 baht.

That is all I have seen posted so far and has absolutely nothing to do with this so called announcement from the US Embassy regarding a 'free' stamp granting 'valid' permission of stay until Sept 26th.

3 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

That is a 30 day extension obtained by FarFlungFalang, who is an Australian national, applied for with an Aus Embassy letter and a fee of 1,900 baht.

That is all I have seen posted so far and has absolutely nothing to do with this so called announcement from the US Embassy regarding a 'free' stamp granting 'valid' permission of stay until Sept 26th.

That is not a 30 day extension obtained by FarFlungFalang. Read the posts on this page. 

Edited by greggraham

11 minutes ago, greggraham said:

That is not a 30 day extension obtained by FarFlungFalang. Read the posts on this page. 

It is a 30 day extension, Aug 28th - Sept 26th.

There is no 'under consideration' stamp posted, as claimed.

Application of stay is permitted up to 26th Sept.

Which part of 'is permitted' don't you understand.

27 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

It is a 30 day extension, Aug 28th - Sept 26th.

There is no 'under consideration' stamp posted, as claimed.

Application of stay is permitted up to 26th Sept.

Which part of 'is permitted' don't you understand.

Which part of anything written on this page don't you understand? 

FarFlungFalang got his under consideration stamp in Yasothon IO, and the 30 day extension photo above is from Prachuapkhirikhan IO.

Try reading the last 15 posts on this thread again. 

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The post I liked to was done by greggraham and it is a US passport.   

It's still a 30 day extension permitting stay until Sept 26th.

There is absolutely no evidence that it was granted from a letter issued by the US Embassy following there supposed announcement, which isn't available on their website, nor Immigrations website.

greggrahm is reporting from Fakebook, Farcebook, Facebook claims.

It doesn't affect me, I am not a US citizen, but if I were, I'd be contacting the US Embassy to confirm such claims and ask why this hasn't been posted on their website.

Some posters have also claimed there IO's no nothing about such an arrangement to issue a stamp permitting stay until Sept 26th.

Despite claims the UK Embassy are issuing such letters is false. Links provided in other threads by greggraham are to the old information when Embassies were issuing letters for extension beyond the March 26th start date of the amnesty.

Indeed I have a friend who is currently in communication with his MP and the British FCO to try and force the British Embassy to issue such a letter as he booked return with ThaiAir and his next departure date is scheduled for Nov 6th. 

1 minute ago, Tanoshi said:

It's still a 30 day extension permitting stay until Sept 26th.

There is absolutely no evidence that it was granted from a letter issued by the US Embassy following there supposed announcement, which isn't available on their website, nor Immigrations website.

greggrahm is reporting from Fakebook, Farcebook, Facebook claims.

It doesn't affect me, I am not a US citizen, but if I were, I'd be contacting the US Embassy to confirm such claims and ask why this hasn't been posted on their website.

Some posters have also claimed there IO's no nothing about such an arrangement to issue a stamp permitting stay until Sept 26th.

Despite claims the UK Embassy are issuing such letters is false. Links provided in other threads by greggraham are to the old information when Embassies were issuing letters for extension beyond the March 26th start date of the amnesty.

Indeed I have a friend who is currently in communication with his MP and the British FCO to try and force the British Embassy to issue such a letter as he booked return with ThaiAir and his next departure date is scheduled for Nov 6th. 

Wow. So much wrong with your post. Again, I suggest you read. 

@FarFlungFalang already confirmed they did not receive a "30 day extension permitting stay until Sept 26th" but an under consideration stamp.

UK Embassy have given me a letter for my situation. They updated their website last week. 

US embassy have given everyone a letter on TV that has asked for one in the last week. They sent an email / updated their website last week. 

• Like 1