Tourist Visa (under covid extension) to Marriage Visa

6 minutes ago, greggraham said:

UK Embassy have given me a letter for my situation. They updated their website last week. 

US embassy have given everyone a letter on TV that has asked for one in the last week. They sent an email / updated their website last week. 

Is the purpose of this letter to extend beyond Sept 26th for medical or unable to fly reasons, or is to grant a valid permission of stay prior to and up to Sept 26th for the purpose of applying for a Non O > long term extension.

On 8/14/2020 at 3:36 PM, ubonjoe said:

Clicked on wrong link before for is for a Thai child not marriage. I have changed it in my post.

Correct one: http://bangkokimmigration.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/06-edit_NON-O.pdf

Ubon Joe 

If I put 400K in the bank tomorrow can I get a 3 month extension to get 12 month marriage extension I have already had my 2 month extension from my non 0 and it expires the 16th Sept

So wondering if I can get a 3 month if I put the money in and ask for it so the money mature and also if they refuse me for the dependency because money is not matured can I request an extension to allow th emoney to mature ??

Or is that not applicable in this case 

Edited by Nadia6

55 minutes ago, Nadia6 said:

If I put 400K in the bank tomorrow can I get a 3 month extension to get 12 month marriage extension I have already had my 2 month extension from my non 0 and it expires the 16th Sept

My post you quoted is for a 90 day non immigrant visa entry not a extension. It can only be applied for if you are on a visa exempt or tourist visa entry.

Since you have a non-o visa entry you can apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage or for being the parent when you can meet the financial requirements.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

My post you quoted is for a 90 day non immigrant visa entry not a extension. It can only be applied for if you are on a visa exempt or tourist visa entry.

Since you have a non-o visa entry you can apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage or for being the parent when you can meet the financial requirements.

But there is no time for the funds to mature so I guess its back to hoping that i can apply for the dependency without money having to mature.

28 minutes ago, Nadia6 said:

But there is no time for the funds to mature so I guess its back to hoping that i can apply for the dependency without money having to mature.

It is a extension of stay based upon being the parent of a Thai. A dependency extension does not exist.

Many office have waived the 2 months in the bank if you are the parent of Thai even if still married. Some people have done it when applying based upon marriage with proof they have a child or children.

You just need to talk to your local immigration office about it.

• Like 2

Just came back from Chaeng Wattana and it couldn’t have been worse.

They started implicating with everything, the pictures are not aligned, bank passbook is not updated (it was but last transaction date was not on the same day), my wife was registered as living in Samut Prakan etc.

The deal breaker was the lack of rental receipts. We moved in to a new condo next week, so obviously didn’t have any receipts but had the original and copy of the rental agreement.

They told me I have two chances: 

- book a 60 day visa extension at Muang Thong Thani in the 25th of September, wait until 14 days left in the extension then try again 

- change TM30 to my wife’s condo (she owns it) in Samut Prakan and go to the immigration office there and start again 

The second option is the best but she has rented the condo out, so we would have to ask the renter to stay away during the visitation day... not sure if that’s a good idea or not, when do they tell you about visitation? On the day before?

After the anger is gone (they really riled me and my wife up, super difficult and unhelpful) I’m starting to think the Muang Thong Thani is the best option, as the Samut Prakan one is too risky if we get caught cheating the system.

I have made an appointment for the 18th of September for a Visa Extension (counter K). If I can get that then we will have (almost) 3 months of receipts at the end of the extension which should be enough. I’m thinking about paying in advance for the rent due on the third month and ask the landlord for a receipt.

The immigration officers suggested this themselves, so they might allow us to go through even with basically 2,5 months in this new condo.

If anyone has a better option please let me know.

Edited by Barnabe

16 hours ago, Barnabe said:

They told me I have two chances: 

- book a 60 day visa extension at Muang Thong Thani in the 25th of September, wait until 14 days left in the extension then try again 

- change TM30 to my wife’s condo (she owns it) in Samut Prakan and go to the immigration office there and start again 

Sorry to hear about them being so picky specially in this situation. I never get a receipt for my condo payments just an ATM slip. But the rental agreement is on the wife's name.

So the 60 day extensions when on tourist visa are done at Muang Thong Thani after all? Ubonjoe earlier said these are done at CW.

But they did confirm that 60 day extension is possible while on tourist visa/visa exempt and under amnesty? Also why wait till last day? If you get it now it should start on the 26th anyway?

Edited by Jackie66

6 minutes ago, Jackie66 said:

So the 60 day extensions when on tourist visa are done at Muang Thong Thani after all? Ubonjoe earlier said these are done at CW.

Apparently they have changed it to Muang Thong Thani. At CW they were doing them at a different section than those shown for there.

2 hours ago, Jackie66 said:

Sorry to hear about them being so picky specially in this situation. I never get a receipt for my condo payments just an ATM slip. But the rental agreement is on the wife's name.

But they did confirm that 60 day extension is possible while on tourist visa/visa exempt and under amnesty? Also why wait till last day? If you get it now it should start on the 26th anyway?

Same here, the rental contract is in my wife’s name. But that wasn’t the problem, the problem was that it coincided with our move (in the past week) to the new condo, hence no receipts. With her condo being rented this is the perfect storm.

The wait for the last day is to ensure that when the extension expires on the 25th of November I have 3 months of receipts to show. They said if I go there now the date will start from the day I go there.

However I prefer to play it safe and book for the 18th of September to give me a few days to have an alternative or return there if they are too picky.

I think I will focus on getting a 60 day extension now so I don’t get kicked out and worry about the rest later. 

@ubonjoe What do you think of this plan? They directed me to a web page where I booked a visit to MTT on the 18th, choosing “Applying for short term visa at Muang Thong Thani (counter K)”. 
I know this was their advice but I don’t trust them 100%.

Edited by Barnabe

18 hours ago, Barnabe said:

They started implicating with everything, the pictures are not aligned, bank passbook is not updated (it was but last transaction date was not on the same day), my wife was registered as living in Samut Prakan etc.

You need to file a new TM30 and supply signed copies of the landlords Tabien Baan and ID card as proof of your address. It's immaterial where your wife is registered as your not residing there.

Update the book in branch, not at the ATM.

They should be able to update to same day, if not, deposit 100 baht, then update.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

You need to file a new TM30 and supply signed copies of the landlords Tabien Baan and ID card as proof of your address. It's immaterial where your wife is registered as your not residing there.

Update the book in branch, not at the ATM.

They should be able to update to same day, if not, deposit 100 baht, then update.

Yeah they told me that about the passbook. There was some heated discussion in Thai between them and my wife until they finally stopped complaining about her residence, but the rental receipts was the real deal breaker here.

They also told me that the bank guarantee is valid for 7 days?

Personally, I've never known rental receipts being requested providing you've filed the TM30, and submitted signed copies of landlords TB and ID card + rental contract.

The amount in the passbook must match that in the letter.

If you need to deposit 100 baht to update the passbook, do that first before requesting the letter.

• Like 1

@Barnabe

Hi, after the hell-time they gave you, you are probably not keen to have to go there in person again to do the TM-30 notification they require.

But the good news is that that is not necessary at all, as you can register the place that you (a foreigner) is staying on the IO TM-30 website, which would then allow you to file a TM-30 of yourself (as well as any other foreigner) staying at the premisses and make a screen-shot of that TM-30 showing that you are in compliance.

I did PM you a step-by-step instruction on how to register on the IO TM-30 website (either as owner, on behalf of the owner or as tenant) and subsequently file a TM-30 of you staying there.

It's relatively easy if you know how (hence the step-by-step instruction).

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Personally, I've never known rental receipts being requested providing you've filed the TM30, and submitted signed copies of landlords TB and ID card + rental contract.

The amount in the passbook must match that in the letter.

If you need to deposit 100 baht to update the passbook, do that first before requesting the letter.

I have been to immigration many times, although only for visa extensions, and I never found such a bunch of unhelpful officers.

I understand if I don't meet the requirements, but their job should be to explain it to me what is exactly needed, give alternatives, etc, not act like <deleted> and throw their hands in the air and say "cannot". We went to two different ones and they actually had different requirements for some of the stuff.

The fact is that they specifically told me that the rental receipts were a deal breaker. This was confirmed by all officers around, including the head officer.

Hence I think the best move for me is to get that extension now and worry about the visa later.

Edited by Barnabe

13 minutes ago, Barnabe said:

I have been to immigration many times, although only for visa extensions, and I never found such a bunch of unhelpful officers.

Am I correct in assuming you've had 1 x 30 day extension prior to marriage?

Have you filed a new TM30 and TM27, with signed copies of the landlords TB and ID card to formally register your new place of residence. That is step 1.

Step 2. Apply for a 60 day extension to visit Thai wife.

Step 3. Apply for Non O Visa.

Step 4. Apply for a 1 year extension based on marriage.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Am I correct in assuming you've had 1 x 30 day extension prior to marriage?

Have you filed a new TM30 and TM27, with signed copies of the landlords TB and ID card to formally register your new place of residence. That is step 1.

Step 2. Apply for a 60 day extension to visit Thai wife.

Step 3. Apply for Non O Visa.

Step 4. Apply for a 1 year extension based on marriage.

Correct, I already had a 30 day extension.

Step 1: TM30 yes, TM27 no?

Step 2: is this form TM87? If not, what form is it? And are the requirements the same?

Edited by Barnabe

10 minutes ago, Barnabe said:

Step 1: TM30 yes, TM27 no?

That's OK, the TM30 is the primary form.

10 minutes ago, Barnabe said:

Step 2: is this form TM87? If not, what form is it? And are the requirements the same?

No it's a TM7 to extend your permission of stay for 60 days based on marriage to a Thai.

This will grant you an officially valid 'permission of stay' stamp, rather than the automatic extension granted by virtue of the amnesty, which Immigration are treating as an 'invalid' permission of stay.

No financial proof required for the 60 day extension, but wife must attend, proof of marriage, proof of address and the standard copies of your Passport.

The 60 day extension is issued the same day as application.

There is a new thread of someone who just successfully obtained a 60 day extension at CW, which may interest you.

Step 3. In your case a TM86 to change Visa status from TV to Non O.

Only 400K deposited in Thai bank required as financial proof.

Same documents and conditions as above.

You must have at least 15 days permission of stay remaining on your 60 day extension to apply for the Non O Visa. It will need to be approved. Return visit to get the Non O stamp when approved.

Step 4. A TM 7 to extend your permission of stay for 1 year based on marriage to a Thai.

The 400K must have been on deposit in a Thai bank for 2 months prior to the date of application.

You'll receive a 30 day 'under consideration' stamp while it's being approved.

Return visit to obtain the extension stamp once approved ( a permit to stay, not a Visa).

16 minutes ago, Barnabe said:

In a private discussion with Peter it is clear now that the 3 months receipt addition is a new requirement that wasn't there last year. You can see it in Section 10 of the TM87 requirements form:

https://bangkokimmigration.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/06-edit_NON-O.pdf

image.png.8e188336cc6b00d88f06e70332e75357.png

Your not applying for the Non O yet, you need the 60 day extension first.

Once you obtain the 60 day extension you need to submit form TM86, not TM87.

I'm sure you can obtain a 3 month receipt of rental from the landlord, just pay 3 months rent in advance.

30 minutes ago, Barnabe said:

In a private discussion with Peter it is clear now that the 3 months receipt addition is a new requirement that wasn't there last year. You can see it in Section 10 of the TM87 requirements form:

https://bangkokimmigration.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/06-edit_NON-O.pdf

image.png.8e188336cc6b00d88f06e70332e75357.png

That's correct, in an earlier downloaded version of the rules/regulations that requirement rendered in red ink > Rental receipt past three months was not there.

The use of the word 'past' implies showing rental receipts over the past three months, which is of course impossible for those that entered Thailand on a Visa Exempt or Tourist Visa and are now applying for a 90-day Non Imm O Visa.  

Most probably as @Tanoshi mentions it actually means that you now need to show that you paid 3 months rent in advance for your rental location. 

27 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

The use of the word 'past' implies showing rental receipts over the past three months, which is of course impossible for those that entered Thailand on a Visa Exempt or Tourist Visa and are now applying for a 90-day Non Imm O Visa.  

I suspect they might not enforcing that for visa exempt entries.

If a person paid rent shortly after arriving the 3 months could be possible for a tourist visa entry if they got a 30 day extension.

I think they did that to make it harder for people to move to Bangkok just to apply for the visa. I suspect it is not being strictly enforced.

• Thanks 1

On 9/3/2020 at 12:24 PM, Tanoshi said:

That's OK, the TM30 is the primary form.

No it's a TM7 to extend your permission of stay for 60 days based on marriage to a Thai.

This will grant you an officially valid 'permission of stay' stamp, rather than the automatic extension granted by virtue of the amnesty, which Immigration are treating as an 'invalid' permission of stay.

No financial proof required for the 60 day extension, but wife must attend, proof of marriage, proof of address and the standard copies of your Passport.

The 60 day extension is issued the same day as application.

There is a new thread of someone who just successfully obtained a 60 day extension at CW, which may interest you.

Step 3. In your case a TM86 to change Visa status from TV to Non O.

Only 400K deposited in Thai bank required as financial proof.

You must have at least 15 days permission of stay remaining on your 60 day extension to apply for the Non O Visa. It will need to be approved. Return visit to get the Non O stamp when approved.

Step 4. A TM 7 to extend your permission of stay for 1 year based on marriage to a Thai.

The 400K must have been on deposit in a Thai bank for 2 months prior to the date of application.

You'll receive a 30 day 'under consideration' stamp while it's being approved.

Return visit to obtain the extension stamp once approved ( a permit to stay, not a Visa).

Finally a successful conclusion to my saga.

Short version:

- If you're on Visa Exempt and want to get the 60 day extension to visit wife, take the documents listed below to Muang Thong Thani Counter K (book online before) if your wife resides in Bangkok; otherwise go to whatever is the immigration office of your wife's residence (probably no need to book online, but confirm beforehand). The extension will be until November 25th even if it's done today.

Long version:

After reading the linked post, I rushed to Muang Thong Thani on the same day. I went to counter J, just like in the post, but this was just for Tourist Visa, not Visa Exempt. They sent me to counter K, which is the online only.

Counter K was empty, and after a bit of pleading they let me in even without any previous online booking (I do not recommend you go there without a booking though). They were very nice, but shortly after they told me that since my wife's house registration was in Samut Prakan, I had to go the immigration there.

So after the long weekend I finally went to the Samut Prakan Immigration Office today, taking the same docs as in the post, which I list here for someone else's convenience:

• TM-7
  • My passport and a copy of the bio page, arrival card, visa, and extension stamp.
  • Original marriage certificate and copy (front and back)
  • Original Kor Ror 2 and copy
  • Copy of wife's ID
  • Copy of wife's house book (which is where we live)
  • Wife's family name change certificate copy
  • Wife
  • 1900 baht
  • Copy of TM30 notification (printout from online form) - THIS WAS NOT IN THE ORIGINAL LINKED POST, but was requested there, luckily I had one with me

After a short wait, I delivered all the documents to the officer, another short wait and got my password stamped until the 25th of November!

So in my case we ended up using Samut Prakan, as the condo she owned was there, and I already had made a TM30 notification for her condo before (see previous posts). I just cancelled the recent notification for our new Bangkok condo, and it was all good.

To get the proper Non-O visa I will need to change my TM30 to my current condo in Bangkok and then go to CW. But for now I will wait a bit to get those 3 rent receipts (see previous posts).

Thanks to all for your help.

Edited by Barnabe

6 hours ago, Barnabe said:

After a short wait, I delivered all the documents to the officer, another short wait and got my password stamped until the 25th of November!

So they correctly dated your 60 day extension from 26th Sept to November 25th - good news.

You initially stated you entered on a Tourist Visa (obtained at a Thai Embassy/Consulate, granted permission of stay for 60 days on entry), but this report of your account at CW suggests you entered Visa exempt (without a Visa, granted 30 days on entry).

6 hours ago, Barnabe said:

After reading the linked post, I rushed to Muang Thong Thani on the same day. I went to counter J, just like in the post, but this was just for Tourist Visa, not Visa Exempt. They sent me to counter K, which is the online only.

Can you confirm.

Edited by Tanoshi

On 8/14/2020 at 12:34 PM, ubonjoe said:

If you have 400k baht in the bank now you can apply for a 90 day non immigrant visa (category O) that is required to apply for a extension of stay based upon marriage. The 400k baht only has to be in a Thai bank on the day you apply for the visa.

See: http://bangkokimmigration.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/06-edit_NON-O.pdf

The during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry you could apply for the extension of stay.

Hi Joe, previously you told me 400.000 baht must be seasoned on the thai bank account for at least 2 months (or 3?) before applying for Non-Imm O marriage based. Has the rule changed to "400.000 baht by the time applying for visa non-Imm O"? Tomorrow or the day after tomorrow i'm applying for 60 day permit, do you think i can apply for non-imm O marriage based AFTER my 60 day permit expires sometime on November 26?

On 9/3/2020 at 8:10 AM, ubonjoe said:

Apparently they have changed it to Muang Thong Thani. At CW they were doing them at a different section than those shown for there.

60 day extension, do you mean 60 day permit to visit family? So CW is no longer issue 60 day permit and must be done at Muang Thong?

48 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

So they correctly dated your 60 day extension from 26th Sept to November 25th - good news.

You initially stated you entered on a Tourist Visa (obtained at a Thai Embassy/Consulate, granted permission of stay for 60 days on entry), but this report of your account at CW suggests you entered Visa exempt (without a Visa, granted 30 days on entry).

Can you confirm.

I am on a visa exempt. You are correct that I claimed that I was on a tourist visa in the first post, I realised my mistake and corrected it in post #27, but couldn’t edit the original post any more:

18 minutes ago, arfandy said:

60 day extension, do you mean 60 day permit to visit family? So CW is no longer issue 60 day permit and must be done at Muang Thong?

60 day permit to visit wife is at Muang Thong Thani Counter K with online booking beforehand - only if your wife resides in Bangkok.

6 hours ago, arfandy said:

Hi Joe, previously you told me 400.000 baht must be seasoned on the thai bank account for at least 2 months (or 3?) before applying for Non-Imm O marriage based. Has the rule changed to "400.000 baht by the time applying for visa non-Imm O"?

I think you are mixing up a one year extension of stay based upon marriage and a non immigrant visa (category O) entry application.

For the extension application you need the 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months. For visa application it only has to be in the bank on the day you apply.

6 hours ago, arfandy said:

Tomorrow or the day after tomorrow i'm applying for 60 day permit, do you think i can apply for non-imm O marriage based AFTER my 60 day permit expires sometime on November 26?

Do you have a non-o visa entry now?

You could apply for the one year extension near the end of the 60 day extension when you have 400k baht in the bank for 2 months if you do have a non-o visa entry.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Barnabe said:

I am on a visa exempt. You are correct that I claimed that I was on a tourist visa in the first post, I realised my mistake and corrected it in post #27, but couldn’t edit the original post any more:

Thanks, I missed your correction in post #27.

I've sent a PM.