Jump to content

Tourist Visa (under covid extension) to Marriage Visa


Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Barnabe said:

I have been to immigration many times, although only for visa extensions, and I never found such a bunch of unhelpful officers.

Am I correct in assuming you've had 1 x 30 day extension prior to marriage?

 

Have you filed a new TM30 and TM27, with signed copies of the landlords TB and ID card to formally register your new place of residence. That is step 1.

Step 2. Apply for a 60 day extension to visit Thai wife.

Step 3. Apply for Non O Visa.

Step 4. Apply for a 1 year extension based on marriage.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you have 400k baht in the bank now you can apply for a 90 day non immigrant visa (category O) that is required to apply for a extension of stay based upon marriage. The 400k baht only has to be in

@Barnabe UJ has given you the correct information for the procedure to convert your TV to a Non O as a prelude to applying for an annual extension of stay based on marriage. There is no seas

Next week I'll go to Chaeng Wattana and post an update here.

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Am I correct in assuming you've had 1 x 30 day extension prior to marriage?

 

Have you filed a new TM30 and TM27, with signed copies of the landlords TB and ID card to formally register your new place of residence. That is step 1.

Step 2. Apply for a 60 day extension to visit Thai wife.

Step 3. Apply for Non O Visa.

Step 4. Apply for a 1 year extension based on marriage.

 

Correct, I already had a 30 day extension.

 

Step 1: TM30 yes, TM27 no?

Step 2: is this form TM87? If not, what form is it? And are the requirements the same?

 

Edited by Barnabe
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Barnabe said:

Step 1: TM30 yes, TM27 no?

That's OK, the TM30 is the primary form.

 

10 minutes ago, Barnabe said:

Step 2: is this form TM87? If not, what form is it? And are the requirements the same?

No it's a TM7 to extend your permission of stay for 60 days based on marriage to a Thai.

This will grant you an officially valid 'permission of stay' stamp, rather than the automatic extension granted by virtue of the amnesty, which Immigration are treating as an 'invalid' permission of stay.

No financial proof required for the 60 day extension, but wife must attend, proof of marriage, proof of address and the standard copies of your Passport.

The 60 day extension is issued the same day as application.

 

There is a new thread of someone who just successfully obtained a 60 day extension at CW, which may interest you.

 

Step 3. In your case a TM86 to change Visa status from TV to Non O.

Only 400K deposited in Thai bank required as financial proof.

Same documents and conditions as above.

You must have at least 15 days permission of stay remaining on your 60 day extension to apply for the Non O Visa. It will need to be approved. Return visit to get the Non O stamp when approved.

 

Step 4. A TM 7 to extend your permission of stay for 1 year based on marriage to a Thai.

The 400K must have been on deposit in a Thai bank for 2 months prior to the date of application.

Same documents and conditions as above.

You'll receive a 30 day 'under consideration' stamp while it's being approved.

Return visit to obtain the extension stamp once approved ( a permit to stay, not a Visa).

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Barnabe said:

In a private discussion with Peter it is clear now that the 3 months receipt addition is a new requirement that wasn't there last year. You can see it in Section 10 of the TM87 requirements form:

https://bangkokimmigration.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/06-edit_NON-O.pdf

 

image.png.8e188336cc6b00d88f06e70332e75357.png

Your not applying for the Non O yet, you need the 60 day extension first.

Once you obtain the 60 day extension you need to submit form TM86, not TM87.

 

I'm sure you can obtain a 3 month receipt of rental from the landlord, just pay 3 months rent in advance.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Barnabe said:

In a private discussion with Peter it is clear now that the 3 months receipt addition is a new requirement that wasn't there last year. You can see it in Section 10 of the TM87 requirements form:

https://bangkokimmigration.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/06-edit_NON-O.pdf

 

image.png.8e188336cc6b00d88f06e70332e75357.png

That's correct, in an earlier downloaded version of the rules/regulations that requirement rendered in red ink > Rental receipt past three months was not there.

The use of the word 'past' implies showing rental receipts over the past three months, which is of course impossible for those that entered Thailand on a Visa Exempt or Tourist Visa and are now applying for a 90-day Non Imm O Visa.  

Most probably as @Tanoshi mentions it actually means that you now need to show that you paid 3 months rent in advance for your rental location. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

The use of the word 'past' implies showing rental receipts over the past three months, which is of course impossible for those that entered Thailand on a Visa Exempt or Tourist Visa and are now applying for a 90-day Non Imm O Visa.  

I suspect they might not enforcing that for visa exempt entries.

If a person paid rent shortly after arriving the 3 months could be possible for a tourist visa entry if they got a 30 day extension.

I think they did that to make it harder for people to move to Bangkok just to apply for the visa. I suspect it is not being strictly enforced.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2020 at 12:24 PM, Tanoshi said:

That's OK, the TM30 is the primary form.

 

No it's a TM7 to extend your permission of stay for 60 days based on marriage to a Thai.

This will grant you an officially valid 'permission of stay' stamp, rather than the automatic extension granted by virtue of the amnesty, which Immigration are treating as an 'invalid' permission of stay.

No financial proof required for the 60 day extension, but wife must attend, proof of marriage, proof of address and the standard copies of your Passport.

The 60 day extension is issued the same day as application.

 

There is a new thread of someone who just successfully obtained a 60 day extension at CW, which may interest you.

 

Step 3. In your case a TM86 to change Visa status from TV to Non O.

Only 400K deposited in Thai bank required as financial proof.

Same documents and conditions as above.

You must have at least 15 days permission of stay remaining on your 60 day extension to apply for the Non O Visa. It will need to be approved. Return visit to get the Non O stamp when approved.

 

Step 4. A TM 7 to extend your permission of stay for 1 year based on marriage to a Thai.

The 400K must have been on deposit in a Thai bank for 2 months prior to the date of application.

Same documents and conditions as above.

You'll receive a 30 day 'under consideration' stamp while it's being approved.

Return visit to obtain the extension stamp once approved ( a permit to stay, not a Visa).

 

 

 

Finally a successful conclusion to my saga.

 

Short version:

- If you're on Visa Exempt and want to get the 60 day extension to visit wife, take the documents listed below to Muang Thong Thani Counter K (book online before) if your wife resides in Bangkok; otherwise go to whatever is the immigration office of your wife's residence (probably no need to book online, but confirm beforehand). The extension will be until November 25th even if it's done today.

 

Long version:

After reading the linked post, I rushed to Muang Thong Thani on the same day. I went to counter J, just like in the post, but this was just for Tourist Visa, not Visa Exempt. They sent me to counter K, which is the online only.

 

Counter K was empty, and after a bit of pleading they let me in even without any previous online booking (I do not recommend you go there without a booking though). They were very nice, but shortly after they told me that since my wife's house registration was in Samut Prakan, I had to go the immigration there.

 

So after the long weekend I finally went to the Samut Prakan Immigration Office today, taking the same docs as in the post, which I list here for someone else's convenience:

  • TM-7
  • My passport and a copy of the bio page, arrival card, visa, and extension stamp.
  • Original marriage certificate and copy (front and back)
  • Original Kor Ror 2 and copy
  • Copy of wife's ID
  • Copy of wife's house book (which is where we live)
  • Wife's family name change certificate copy
  • Wife
  • 1900 baht
  • Copy of TM30 notification (printout from online form) - THIS WAS NOT IN THE ORIGINAL LINKED POST, but was requested there, luckily I had one with me

After a short wait, I delivered all the documents to the officer, another short wait and got my password stamped until the 25th of November!

 

So in my case we ended up using Samut Prakan, as the condo she owned was there, and I already had made a TM30 notification for her condo before (see previous posts). I just cancelled the recent notification for our new Bangkok condo, and it was all good.

 

To get the proper Non-O visa I will need to change my TM30 to my current condo in Bangkok and then go to CW. But for now I will wait a bit to get those 3 rent receipts (see previous posts).

 

Thanks to all for your help.

 

Edited by Barnabe
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Barnabe said:

After a short wait, I delivered all the documents to the officer, another short wait and got my password stamped until the 25th of November!

So they correctly dated your 60 day extension from 26th Sept to November 25th - good news.

 

You initially stated you entered on a Tourist Visa (obtained at a Thai Embassy/Consulate, granted permission of stay for 60 days on entry), but this report of your account at CW suggests you entered Visa exempt (without a Visa, granted 30 days on entry).

6 hours ago, Barnabe said:

After reading the linked post, I rushed to Muang Thong Thani on the same day. I went to counter J, just like in the post, but this was just for Tourist Visa, not Visa Exempt. They sent me to counter K, which is the online only.

Can you confirm.

Edited by Tanoshi
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/14/2020 at 12:34 PM, ubonjoe said:

If you have 400k baht in the bank now you can apply for a 90 day non immigrant visa (category O) that is required to apply for a extension of stay based upon marriage. The 400k baht only has to be in a Thai bank on the day you apply for the visa.

See: http://bangkokimmigration.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/06-edit_NON-O.pdf

The during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry you could apply for the extension of stay.

Hi Joe, previously you told me 400.000 baht must be seasoned on the thai bank account for at least 2 months (or 3?) before applying for Non-Imm O marriage based. Has the rule changed to "400.000 baht by the time applying for visa non-Imm O"? Tomorrow or the day after tomorrow i'm applying for 60 day permit, do you think i can apply for non-imm O marriage based AFTER my 60 day permit expires sometime on November 26?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2020 at 8:10 AM, ubonjoe said:

Apparently they have changed it to Muang Thong Thani. At CW they were doing them at a different section than those shown for there.

60 day extension, do you mean 60 day permit to visit family? So CW is no longer issue 60 day permit and must be done at Muang Thong?

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

So they correctly dated your 60 day extension from 26th Sept to November 25th - good news.

 

You initially stated you entered on a Tourist Visa (obtained at a Thai Embassy/Consulate, granted permission of stay for 60 days on entry), but this report of your account at CW suggests you entered Visa exempt (without a Visa, granted 30 days on entry).

Can you confirm.


I am on a visa exempt. You are correct that I claimed that I was on a tourist visa in the first post, I realised my mistake and corrected it in post #27, but couldn’t edit the original post any more:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, arfandy said:

60 day extension, do you mean 60 day permit to visit family? So CW is no longer issue 60 day permit and must be done at Muang Thong?

60 day permit to visit wife is at Muang Thong Thani Counter K with online booking beforehand - only if your wife resides in Bangkok.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, arfandy said:

Hi Joe, previously you told me 400.000 baht must be seasoned on the thai bank account for at least 2 months (or 3?) before applying for Non-Imm O marriage based. Has the rule changed to "400.000 baht by the time applying for visa non-Imm O"?

I think you are mixing up a one year extension of stay based upon marriage and a non immigrant visa (category O) entry application.

For the extension application you need the 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months. For visa application it only has to be in the bank on the day you apply.

6 hours ago, arfandy said:

Tomorrow or the day after tomorrow i'm applying for 60 day permit, do you think i can apply for non-imm O marriage based AFTER my 60 day permit expires sometime on November 26?

Do you have a non-o visa entry now?

You could apply for the one year extension near the end of the 60 day extension when you have 400k baht in the bank for 2 months if you do have a non-o visa entry.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Barnabe said:

I am on a visa exempt. You are correct that I claimed that I was on a tourist visa in the first post, I realised my mistake and corrected it in post #27, but couldn’t edit the original post any more:

Thanks, I missed your correction in post #27.

I've sent a PM.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...