BANGKOK
YorkshireTyke

Xiaomi Mijia Smart Microwave

Just bought the Xiami Smart Microwave but all the instructions are in Chinese. I've Googled English manual but I can't find anything.

There is an app for it as it contains a wi-fi 'chip' and also reacts to voice commands but I presume only Chinese commands.

I'm pretty sure at turn on it is at basic heat function so I just turn the knob to increase the time. However, it has defrost function etc which may be useful. I'm not bothered about the auto meal settings but it would be nice to learn a few more of it's functions as it has 2 touchpad buttons which both have numerous settings.

Any ideas anyone ?

(I put the topic here as I wasn't sure which was the best forum)

https://www.aliexpress.com/i/4000440099955.html

Look for and press the VIEW MORE ˅ link at the bottom of the product description for more info in English.

After accessing the Mijia APP, the microwave oven can be remotely controlled by smart devices such as mobile phones and Xiaomi AI speakers. You can check the remaining heating time by saying a word, and remotely open the child lock mold to better protect your child.
* Temporarily only supports Chinese voice

Another option might be to load Google Lens and point your smartphone at the manual to translate it for you.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RichCor said:

https://www.aliexpress.com/i/4000440099955.html

Look for and press the VIEW MORE ˅ link at the bottom of the product description for more info in English.

After accessing the Mijia APP, the microwave oven can be remotely controlled by smart devices such as mobile phones and Xiaomi AI speakers. You can check the remaining heating time by saying a word, and remotely open the child lock mold to better protect your child.
* Temporarily only supports Chinese voice

Another option might be to load Google Lens and point your smartphone at the manual to translate it for you.

I downloaded the app after I posted and there are lots of Xiaomi appliances but not the microwave !

I've not heard of Google lens so I will try that tomorrow, thank you

Thanks RichCor

I couldn't get Google Lens to do anything but the articles described the functions so I know how to do basic heating up, defrosting and changing the heat power although I see no reason for anything other than full power when reheating my leftover dinner for lunch the next day !