Xiaomi Mijia Smart Microwave

YorkshireTyke

Just bought the Xiami Smart Microwave but all the instructions are in Chinese. I've Googled English manual but I can't find anything.

There is an app for it as it contains a wi-fi 'chip' and also reacts to voice commands but I presume only Chinese commands.

I'm pretty sure at turn on it is at basic heat function so I just turn the knob to increase the time. However, it has defrost function etc which may be useful. I'm not bothered about the auto meal settings but it would be nice to learn a few more of it's functions as it has 2 touchpad buttons which both have numerous settings.

Any ideas anyone ?

(I put the topic here as I wasn't sure which was the best forum)

https://www.aliexpress.com/i/4000440099955.html

Look for and press the VIEW MORE ˅ link at the bottom of the product description for more info in English.

After accessing the Mijia APP, the microwave oven can be remotely controlled by smart devices such as mobile phones and Xiaomi AI speakers. You can check the remaining heating time by saying a word, and remotely open the child lock mold to better protect your child.
* Temporarily only supports Chinese voice

Another option might be to load Google Lens and point your smartphone at the manual to translate it for you.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RichCor said:

https://www.aliexpress.com/i/4000440099955.html

Look for and press the VIEW MORE ˅ link at the bottom of the product description for more info in English.

After accessing the Mijia APP, the microwave oven can be remotely controlled by smart devices such as mobile phones and Xiaomi AI speakers. You can check the remaining heating time by saying a word, and remotely open the child lock mold to better protect your child.
* Temporarily only supports Chinese voice

Another option might be to load Google Lens and point your smartphone at the manual to translate it for you.

I downloaded the app after I posted and there are lots of Xiaomi appliances but not the microwave !

I've not heard of Google lens so I will try that tomorrow, thank you

Thanks RichCor

I couldn't get Google Lens to do anything but the articles described the functions so I know how to do basic heating up, defrosting and changing the heat power although I see no reason for anything other than full power when reheating my leftover dinner for lunch the next day !

• 5 months later...

Thanks VCam

Do you have one or are you just practising your Chinese?

I think you have clarified what I thought that when it's turned on or activated (by opening the door) the display shows one minute which I presumed was highest temp/degrees setting. 

I use this a few mornings every week to cook/warm up my porridge oats and milk which is about perfect. However, if I am warming mashed potatoes and veg, after one minute the plate is a bit warm to touch but the potatoes are cold so I need to do for 2-3 minutes unless there is a higher setting. I can't remember how long it took in my previous microwave so maybe 2-3 minutes is normal. I don't use it for anything else, I use my normal oven for cooking.

On 21/01/2021 at 2:01 PM, YorkshireTyke said:

Thanks VCam

Do you have one or are you just practising your Chinese?

I think you have clarified what I thought that when it's turned on or activated (by opening the door) the display shows one minute which I presumed was highest temp/degrees setting. 

I use this a few mornings every week to cook/warm up my porridge oats and milk which is about perfect. However, if I am warming mashed potatoes and veg, after one minute the plate is a bit warm to touch but the potatoes are cold so I need to do for 2-3 minutes unless there is a higher setting. I can't remember how long it took in my previous microwave so maybe 2-3 minutes is normal. I don't use it for anything else, I use my normal oven for cooking.

Yes press the power button the right chsnd one and it will move the Chinese heafing writing from 100% far left migrating to 80 50 30 20  I do have line id vcamcricket wapp 660870302333 

• 7 months later...
On 1/20/2021 at 8:04 AM, vcamcricket said:

Here is a working attempt at the manual in English 

Also used WiFi connection needed yo set country China mainland to work and then  English app language setting

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-CRLB9Pxaru_UrOyGz-DTE3i1EcozagF/view?usp=drivesdk

Mi xiaomi Smart Microwave.pdf 1.68 MB · 1 download

Thank you for the instructions. Spent half a day on the internet looking for this manual for my microwave. And why can't they make the manual in Chinese and English?

On 8/14/2020 at 11:27 AM, YorkshireTyke said:

Just bought the Xiami Smart Microwave but all the instructions are in Chinese. I've Googled English manual but I can't find anything.

There is an app for it as it contains a wi-fi 'chip' and also reacts to voice commands but I presume only Chinese commands.

I'm pretty sure at turn on it is at basic heat function so I just turn the knob to increase the time. However, it has defrost function etc which may be useful. I'm not bothered about the auto meal settings but it would be nice to learn a few more of it's functions as it has 2 touchpad buttons which both have numerous settings.

Any ideas anyone ?

(I put the topic here as I wasn't sure which was the best forum)

Have you also made a purchase on Aliexpress? 

Edited by niksadon