Army chief joins annual fitness test

webfact

By THE NATION

800_ae29e36f6ac77e5.jpg?v=1597392450

Army chief Apirat Kongsompong swapped his uniform for shorts and T-shirt today (August 14) to put soldiers through their paces in the fitness test at the Command and General Staff College in Bangkok’s Dusit district.

The second physical examination of 2020 featured the usual challenges of push-ups, sit-ups and a 2-kilometre run – but also included the more rigorous Army combat readiness physical test (ACRPT).

The Army chief joined in as soldiers undertook the gruelling ACRPT course of weightlifting, pull-ups and running with weights.

The test was conducted under measures to combat Covid-19.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30392969

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-08-14

5 minutes ago, webfact said:

The Army chief joined in as soldiers undertook the gruelling ACRPT course of weightlifting, pull-ups and running with weights.

Yea, I saw the pull-ups he was doing on Twitter. The kind of pull-ups people who have no interest in sports were asked to do in P.E. class. I look forward to seeing how many push ups he can do on his knees. 

"Morning Gents, excuse ranks, I am your PTI. This is your annual Fitness Test. To your front you will see a civilian protester. He has a thirty metre start on you. When I blow my whistle you will have 3 minutes to chase him, catch up with him, kick him to the ground and deliver as many blows to the head as you can until the time is up.

Ready? "Peep" go"

!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, webfact said:

In a dazzling display of military prowess and physical fitness the General...

- did 287 perfect push-ups in 2 minutes.

- completed 192 pull-ups in i minute.

- did 463 sit-ups in 2 minutes.

- finished the 2km run in 3 minutes and 11 seconds.

- bench pressed 480 kilos 23 times.

And in the newest army readiness competition...he flawlessly counted out 500 brand new 1,000 Baht notes in 12 seconds.....with one hand.

The General's record-setting performance was certified and verified by 100% of the evaluators in the Royal Thai Army....and will be entered in the famous "Somchai's Book of World Records".

Chai yo!

Edited by Hayduke
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hayduke said:

In a dazzling display of military prowess and physical fitness the General...

- did 287 perfect push-ups in 2 minutes.

- completed 192 pull-ups in i minute.

- did 463 sit-ups in 2 minutes.

- finished the 2km run in 3 minutes and 11 seconds.

- bench pressed 480 kilos 23 times.

And in the newest army readiness competition...he flawlessly counted out 500 brand new 1,000 Baht notes in 12 seconds.....with one hand.

The General's record-setting performance was certified and verified by 100% of the evaluators in the Royal Thai Army....and will be entered in the famous "Somchai's Book of World Records".

Chai yo!

"Somchai's Book of World Records". A book consisting of one page.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2020 at 4:33 AM, ravip said:

Only i Thailand? Would 'other' countries 'Chiefs' pass a moral test with flying colours? LOL

Are you blind?

I wouldn't want to point out the obvious but for some people it is necessary, most of the civilised world's military do military stuff and follow their governments orders

They do not overthrow governments or routinely kill, murder or disappear their own people. They work to a rule of law and do not make a new one whenever they like, lawyers and stuff do that!

They are generally intelligent and able to open their mouth without directly inserting their feet into said orifice and do not offer veiled threats to their populace whenever they feel threatened

Don't know if you noticed but this cretin and his lying, corrupt, nepotism riddled ilk have done nothing other than line their own pockets and meddle in politics. They care nothing for their people or their country, they are a disgrace and morally bankrupt

If you cannot see that I would suggest medical help, in answer to your question I do believe the military hierarchy of most Western militaries are morally superior in every conceivable way than the Thai version

4 hours ago, mark131v said:

Are you blind?

I wouldn't want to point out the obvious but for some people it is necessary, most of the civilised world's military do military stuff and follow their governments orders

They do not overthrow governments or routinely kill, murder or disappear their own people. They work to a rule of law and do not make a new one whenever they like, lawyers and stuff do that!

They are generally intelligent and able to open their mouth without directly inserting their feet into said orifice and do not offer veiled threats to their populace whenever they feel threatened

Don't know if you noticed but this cretin and his lying, corrupt, nepotism riddled ilk have done nothing other than line their own pockets and meddle in politics. They care nothing for their people or their country, they are a disgrace and morally bankrupt

If you cannot see that I would suggest medical help, in answer to your question I do believe the military hierarchy of most Western militaries are morally superior in every conceivable way than the Thai version

Are you blind?

>>> Thank you very much for your extreme concern about my health. I appreciate it very sincerely. Thank you.

civilised world's military...

They are generally intelligent and...

most Western militaries are morally superior...

>>> Just a small example for you, as I am genuinely convinced that you would have missed what happened in Libya, Syria, of WMD, Sadam Hussain and other thousands of acts committed by your morally superior militaries.

Ever heard of the multi national companies, Big Pharma etc.?

Please Google Collateral Murder WikiLeaks (July 12, 2007, Baghdad airstrike) and see how the morally superior act! 

If you cannot see that I would suggest medical help...

>>> Sir, it is obviously NOT me that need medical help urgently - The first contact would preferably be a psychologist IMHO.

Thank you for your valuable opinion, but let's not go off topic and waste time.

= The End =

Edited by ravip

1 hour ago, ravip said:

Are you blind?

>>> Thank you very much for your extreme concern about my health. I appreciate it very sincerely. Thank you.

You are welcome, always been taught to not judge the afflicted even if it is just afflicted with naivety or stupidity

1 hour ago, ravip said:

civilised world's military...

They are generally intelligent and...

most Western militaries are morally superior...

>>> Just a small example for you, as I am genuinely convinced that you would have missed what happened in Libya, Syria, of WMD, Sadam Hussain and other thousands of acts committed by your morally superior militaries.

Yep I was in the UK military for 20 years was involved in some of places you described in Iraq, Afghan and others but you see that's military doing military stuff

Always worked within the law and never involved in a coup or threatened or persecuted my own people, never did anything that I am ashamed of whilst in the military and never served under a morally bankrupt commander, politicians are a different story

1 hour ago, ravip said:

Ever heard of the multi national companies, Big Pharma etc.?

Don't wear a tinfoil hat even at weekends

1 hour ago, ravip said:

Please Google Collateral Murder WikiLeaks (July 12, 2007, Baghdad airstrike) and see how the morally superior act! 

WikiLeaks was regarding Iraq, Afg, Syria etc during terror/warfighting operations in an active insurgency with Isis, AQ and the Taliban, it's out of the realm of tin pot army's oppressing their own populace for their own ends, feathering their own nest's at the their nations expense, apples and oranges really

The things you are talking about are generally not driven by the military it is above them unless you are a general in a 3rd world junta then it is you who makes these decisions as there is no rule of law or parliamentary system because you have already destroyed that then stifled free speech and any dissent

1 hour ago, ravip said:

If you cannot see that I would suggest medical help...

>>> Sir, it is obviously NOT me that need medical help urgently - The first contact would preferably be a psychologist IMHO.

I would beg to differ but to each their own

1 hour ago, ravip said:

Thank you for your valuable opinion, but let's not go off topic and waste time.

= The End =

Okey dokey...