The ol: "I wait you darling"...but how long to keep it up?

pookondee

7 minutes ago, pookondee said:

About the girl calling the guys country:

It sounds more like a bargirl thing,

so maybe its a case of Kharma finally kicking in.

When it comes to foreign boyfriends, a lot of these girls have been telling and living the most horrible of lies for years and getting away with it.

Brothers who are actually husbands and sleeping in the spare room of house you bought, a prime example.

( thats if you believe that sort of thing ever really happened)

It might sound callous to some, but its only logical to me.

a few guys have learnt from the worst and devious of female liars,

so its only natural the BG types are gonna get a bit of their own medicine back at some stage.

So i presume you have met your girlfriend directly at her farm 

where she was learning english waiting the next harvest?

(I hope the title of your topic is not reality because only the

worst hookers called me ''daalinnnng'')

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, twocatsmac said:

It doesn’t appear you trust your lady enough for a long term absence.

Only you know this for sure and if money is becoming an issue for you, why not half her “allowance” citing your changing circumstances work wise.

I hear you, but half the amount would hardly be worth sending, even by cheap Charlie standards.

Id spend more on a decent night out in Bkk and she knows it.

Money aside, Its actually more to the point of how long will all this  BS go on?

If they turned around and announced:

"no farang tourists to enter Thailand for 2 years"

OR indefinately..

Or they keep these entry conditions so tough that it becomes out of the question for the average punter to go..

Then how long can one keep up this dance of just video chat and messages up before it becomes just to futile and frustrating?

As an earlier poster mentioned, it is nice to have the gf contact, to keep up hope and good spirits about missing Thailand and your peeps

but at the same time, at some point, the whole thing must become pointless.

With what seems like absolute Covid paranoia and fear rife in Thailand right now,

AND the crazy xenophobia about foreigners, it really is hard to imagine things EVER getting back to a kind of normal where we can go and visit gfs again.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, pookondee said:

I hear you, but half the amount would hardly be worth sending, even by cheap Charlie standards.

Id spend more on a decent night out in Bkk and she knows it.

Money aside, Its actually more to the point of how long will all this  BS go on?

If they turned around and announced:

"no farang tourists to enter Thailand for 2 years"

OR indefinately..

Or they keep these entry conditions so tough that it becomes out of the question for the average punter to go..

Then how long can one keep up this dance of just video chat and messages up before it becomes just to futile and frustrating?

As an earlier poster mentioned, it is nice to have the gf contact, to keep up hope and good spirits about missing Thailand and your peeps

but at the same time, at some point, the whole thing must become pointless.

With what seems like absolute Covid paranoia and fear rife in Thailand right now,

AND the crazy xenophobia about foreigners, it really is hard to imagine things EVER getting back to a kind of normal where we can go and visit gfs again.

Only your injection of baht sustains this “relationship” 

Thats very clear now after your last post. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, johnray said:

There's no problem with long distance but since you have admitted you have no interest in her I think you should leave her alone.

I don't recall where i implicitly stated i wasn't interested.

And the former definition of a

"long distance" relationship meant you could at least see your partner according to your freedom of choice and your freedom of being able travel..

You don't get the difference here? 

It could be years before this B.S is done.

I even read one guy on here the other day claiming it would be 5 years before tourism is back to normal in Thailand.

Crazy!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, twocatsmac said:

Only your injection of baht sustains this “relationship” 

Thats very clear now after your last post. 

I haven't tested the theory as yet.

It may not roll that way, although we all know the betting odds. 

So if you suddenly became broke due to some unforseen calamity,  how long would your Thai GF 

(or ANY GF for that matter) hang around for??

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Longchop said:

Was only two months gone to my home country when I started to worry about my gf as she forgot to mention during our nightly chat on line that she got married to another farang that day, told me all about going to the market and helping ma ma etc but forgot she had just got married, an I always thought dementia only affected old people.

I sense you are joking here, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if you weren't. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, pookondee said:

I haven't tested the theory as yet.

It may not roll that way, although we all know the betting odds. 

So if you suddenly became broke due to some unforseen calamity,  how long would your Thai GF 

(or ANY GF for that matter) hang around for??

Just out of curiosity did she ask for the initial monthly payment or was it something that you instigated out of kindness?

1 minute ago, AverageBloke said:

Just out of curiosity did she ask for the initial monthly payment or was it something that you instigated out of kindness?

No, it was her kids birthday and usually i am there at that time of year, to help throw a little party. 

I also know its (usually) back to school expense time, so i sent an amount to cover both.

Because it isnt sheep station amounts we are talking, i just kept it up.

Nid-noi by my western standards but i know it goes a long way in Isaan.

It was certainly not any arranged salary agreement or anything like that.

• Like 1

4 years and less than 10,000/ month is making you feel like this after a few months. Hard to believe you have any real feelings for her or what the money means to her and her family. 

Time to call it a day and spend it on a night out in BKK or wherever else allows you to. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, pookondee said:

So if you suddenly became broke due to some unforseen calamity,  how long would your Thai GF .... hang around for??

Untill she finds another provider

or maybe immediatly if she is 100% sure 

you will not change your mind (They don't believe that 

a foreigner can really be broke, it's impossible in their view)

Edited by kingofthemountain

When I first arrived in Thailand many moons ago and the 2nd day I met this woman who opened my eyes pretty fast as to what goes on here especially in BKK this one was switched on spoke English and Japanese she had her own car and house how she made her money was translating all the emails for the girls around Nana Plaza she had her own little internet shop them Farangs where like Lambs to the slaughter  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, pookondee said:

Thats true, but unfortunately a pattern has been set over the past 3-4 years.

Another interesting thing:

it seems nearly all the Thais i know insist that all will be normal again (as far as tourism) well before Christmas this year.

But that is nothing unusual to be hearing "pie in the sky" stuff from them.

Theres going to be quite a few in for a rude rude shock, i reckon.

If you really love her keep paying regardless of how long it lasts. if you don't love her stop now. Up to your conscience if you can live with that.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You miss the point that she can't get a job in a bar now.

That is a point i never considered, but there is not many bars where she's at in Isaan. none actually.

But there's nothing to stop her scouring the dating websites for that matter, and meeting up with guys in other locations.

I have no doubt that's exactly what many of the BGs or potential BGs are doing right now, since the bars aint exactly kicking on  with mass tourism.

Any Thai girl who's farang bf is stuck back home could have a Thai guy or 2 on hand also, for a bit of comfort, so the possibilities are endless.  

To be thinking "mine is different" is the ultimate stupidity and naievity IMO.

They are all capable of it, even if i had the absolute best of "good girls"

i wouldnt be ruling that stuff out.

If i was expecting to be returning in 3 months myself, i wouldn't even be asking the question.

But for some reason, i am less inclined to go along with all this,

IF this banning of international travel and/or near impossible entry conditions to Thailand is going to drag on for years and years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, pookondee said:

That is a point i never considered, but there is not many bars where she's at in Isaan. none actually.

There is at least a bar in most of every small  village in Thailand

you guys on the forum forget that the foreigners are not the only

customers on the market

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Longchop said:

Was only two months gone to my home country when I started to worry about my gf as she forgot to mention during our nightly chat on line that she got married to another farang that day, told me all about going to the market and helping ma ma etc but forgot she had just got married, an I always thought dementia only affected old people.

Dementia sadly doesn’t affect only old people, or even only young Thai women. My UK ex- wife forgot she was married a few times and also forgot the quickest way home. Sometimes taking 2-3 hours to return home on a normal 10 minute journey because the ‘traffic was horrendous’.

Stating that Thai women need company after not seeing their farang boyfriend for 3-6 months doesn’t shock me as much as when someone you permanently live with decides they need ‘extra’ company.

And the financial fallout from that was worse than the financial arrangements you can negotiate here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaLa said:

Stating that Thai women need company after not seeing their farang boyfriend for 3-6 months doesn’t shock me as much as when someone you permanently live with decides they need ‘extra’ company.

3-6 months she could be considered like a good girl

most of the time they can't wait more than 3-6 days

Do you know why they still insist to go with you to the Suvaranhbumi airport

when you go back to your country?

1\ they want to be 100% sure you are in the plane and your flight is not delayed

2\ they can go to the arrivals hall and welcome the next already on the list

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, pookondee said:

The past 4 years didnt seem pretend.

Every year, average three months travelling Thailand and 3 months staying in Isaan village.

OK , look you have supposedly been with this woman 4 years.

If she's your wife , then send her money. If not, don't, there's plenty of other 'travelling companions !

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

There is at least a bar in most of every small  village in Thailand

you guys on the forum forget that the foreigners are not the only

customers on the market

well, a typical Isaan girl in a village might have to travel 15 - 50 or more kilometers by car to get to these "bars" you talk of.

and many dont even have cars and rely on the elders of the family for transport.

Whats more, when you live with them they will even ban you from going to parties just 5 minutes way from the house, because they know their fellow Thais M.O ...let alone So the idea of either partner going to partake  in this "village bar life"

Thats pretty absurd dude.

lol

Some of these guys going on about bars and BGs in Isaan should really just refrain from commenting when its obvious they dont  really know what they are on about.

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

OK , look you have supposedly been with this woman 4 years.

If she's your wife , then send her money. If not, don't, there's plenty of other 'travelling companions !

You might have missed the plot?

Funny,  as most threads go on;  how it soon becomes obvious that most posters get on here and mouth off without reading any of the details!

• Like 1