The ol: "I wait you darling"...but how long to keep it up?

pookondee

Let me chip in with how I see it ...

I am pretty sure that it will be < 12 months before you can get back.  You got Putin and his crew out with a vaccine of some sort ... and in the next 3 to 6 months you will have other countries joining as well.

If you knew .. with 90% certainty that it would be < 12  months ... would you still be sending her support ?  No matter how little ... its more than nothing ...  and if she is appreciative and she does communicate with you regularly. 

Would you still pay ?

21 hours ago, pookondee said:

I was trying to avoid mentioning a figure or that would likely start a piรรing match we all see on here.

What i will say is: from what i read here in past, guys seem to accept that 10k per month is a norm.

maybe some even above that.

In this case it wasnt even asked for.

She has 1 kid, who, at the time, was having a birthday and there was "back to school" stuff also being bought.

So i sent it as a "one off", but seeing how it was chump change to me, i kept the habit going.

I will say, it was below the figure i mentioned above though.

So i will be ready for all the cheap Charlie comments now. 

10,000 baht is chump change

Imagine you were her and that is all you had to live on?

8 hours ago, pookondee said:

That is a point i never considered, but there is not many bars where she's at in Isaan. none actually.

But there's nothing to stop her scouring the dating websites for that matter, and meeting up with guys in other locations.

I have no doubt that's exactly what many of the BGs or potential BGs are doing right now, since the bars aint exactly kicking on  with mass tourism.

Any Thai girl who's farang bf is stuck back home could have a Thai guy or 2 on hand also, for a bit of comfort, so the possibilities are endless.  

To be thinking "mine is different" is the ultimate stupidity and naievity IMO.

They are all capable of it, even if i had the absolute best of "good girls"

i wouldnt be ruling that stuff out.

If i was expecting to be returning in 3 months myself, i wouldn't even be asking the question.

But for some reason, i am less inclined to go along with all this,

IF this banning of international travel and/or near impossible entry conditions to Thailand is going to drag on for years and years.

What kind of relationship has no trust and if you don't trust her, why are you on here spilling the beans?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

10,000 baht is chump change

Imagine you were her and that is all you had to live on?

its a balance between greed and laziness,

the laziest will be content with sleeping,

the greediest will go straight to a gogo bar and make 100k per month

while still collecting the 10k handout, and then you have every step in between

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

There is at least a bar in most of every small  village in Thailand

you guys on the forum forget that the foreigners are not the only

customers on the market

Total BS!

No bars in my wife's village, not even a shop.

38km to nearest 7/11

Isaan boonies

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, pookondee said:

As a rule, i do agree with that theory and ive actually said the same kind of words myself.

so i am wary of that, which is why i aint one of those tool-heads sending 20,000 baht per month or more.

In my case i had been earning good (pre Covid anyway) and id say the amounts i sent werent even 5% of my monthly take.

But things are changing with the financials tho, which is why i ask the question.

As i said, one cant just keep throwing money in a bottomless pit if this is Corona BS is gonna be going on for years without any chance of getting into Thailand and of course the chances go up that your so called "tee-rack" will be out looking for other company.

Anyway, even when it only be chump change, it still adds up over time.

People don't talk about chump change adding up over time, unless it REALLY bothers them.

You have a constant theme that money bothers you in all of this?

When I moved back the USA to sponsor my wife's marriage visa, I was sending 120,000 baht back per month. (2013 baht rate) She still had to maintain the house, kids tuition, car, same standard of living as if I was there.

Have a wife and kid that I love. Why the hell wouldn't I want to take care of them?

One of the reasons, which you really don't seem to get, is you stay with someone because you want to, because you love them, because you have a family together or want a family together.

They have to survive too.

However, if you are to selfish to understand that, she will be much better off without you.

There are 2 sides to every coin.

There are many expats that have been happily married over 20 years and take care of their wives and kids.

There are many that got married in Thailand and divorced, probably expecting the wife to bow down in their presence mentality.

A woman is a woman. If you treat them right and they are a good woman, they will treat you right. That explains why lots of men can stay married over 20+ years.

The couple of friends I still keep contact with, both married Isaan women and have great families and lives.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, pookondee said:

That is a point i never considered, but there is not many bars where she's at in Isaan. none actually.

But there's nothing to stop her scouring the dating websites for that matter, and meeting up with guys in other locations.

I have no doubt that's exactly what many of the BGs or potential BGs are doing right now, since the bars aint exactly kicking on  with mass tourism.

Any Thai girl who's farang bf is stuck back home could have a Thai guy or 2 on hand also, for a bit of comfort, so the possibilities are endless.  

To be thinking "mine is different" is the ultimate stupidity and naievity IMO.

They are all capable of it, even if i had the absolute best of "good girls"

i wouldnt be ruling that stuff out.

If i was expecting to be returning in 3 months myself, i wouldn't even be asking the question.

But for some reason, i am less inclined to go along with all this,

IF this banning of international travel and/or near impossible entry conditions to Thailand is going to drag on for years and years.

Ah you are listening to, and absorbing the typical Tvisa folklore, it is making you suspicious, you are done because your suspicions are removing the pleasure of taking care of her and the child.

It happens, long distance relationships are not handled well by all.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

3-6 months she could be considered like a good girl

most of the time they can't wait more than 3-6 days

Do you know why they still insist to go with you to the Suvaranhbumi airport

when you go back to your country?

1\ they want to be 100% sure you are in the plane and your flight is not delayed

2\ they can go to the arrivals hall and welcome the next already on the list

3\ they are also hoping to relieve you of the 7,000 leftover baht you had in your wallet, because

"you wont really be needing that where you are going"

2 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

People don't talk about chump change adding up over time, unless it REALLY bothers them.

You have a constant theme that money bothers you in all of this?

When I moved back the USA to sponsor my wife's marriage visa, I was sending 120,000 baht back per month. (2013 baht rate) She still had to maintain the house, kids tuition, car, same standard of living as if I was there.

Have a wife and kid that I love. Why the hell wouldn't I want to take care of them?

One of the reasons, which you really don't seem to get, is you stay with someone because you want to, because you love them, because you have a family together or want a family together.

However, if you are to selfish to understand that, she will be much better off without you.

There are 2 sides to every coin.

There are many expats that have been happily married over 20 years and take care of their wives and kids.

There are many that got married in Thailand and divorced, probably expecting the wife to bow down in their presence mentality.

A woman is a woman. If you treat them right and they are a good woman, they will treat you right. That explains why lots of men can stay married over 20+ years.

The couple of friends I still keep contact with, both married Isaan women and have great families and lives.

Its the kind of grand naievity i talk about.

Ok if you obscenely rich right now but it can never last forever with that sort of attitude.

One day you could well be on the steps of a 7/11 with not even 2x100 baht notes to rub together.

You will be thinking of EVERY bundle of 120k piรรed away, recounting every month and the grand total..

while trying to begging for 75 baht from passers by for a beer Chang.

Total BS!

No bars in my wife's village, not even a shop.

38km to nearest 7/11

Isaan boonies

Re read slowly my post and

try to understand the difference between ''most'' and ''all''

Done?

ok, now we can agree some of the smallest villages 

don't have a bar (Even if it's probably possible to find a place in the vicinity to

where to buy and drink alcool, not all the ''bars'' have a big sign with BAR writed 

in front of the building, particularly in the boonies where i was during 5 years)

you are welcome

Obviously you was in the highest category

living the life and runing in the sky with the stars

it's not at all the case here

in the OP case it's a farm girl living in Issan

Do you know someone can easily ''survive'' with

less than 5000\month in the village? 

Even the Thai govermement thinks the olders people can survive

with the actual allowance of 500 bahts\month, which is a little bit too tight imo

2 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

Re read slowly my post and

try to understand the difference between ''most'' and ''all''

Done?

ok, now we can agree some of the smallest villages 

don't have a bar (Even if it's probably possible to find a place in the vicinity to

where to buy and drink alcool, not all the ''bars'' have a big sign with BAR writed 

in front of the building, particularly in the boonies where i was during 5 years)

you are welcome

Aye, not that i ever mongered around Isaan much, as i was always under the watchful eye of you know who..

But if you are that way inclined, your best bet was the sois surrounding the bus station of the particular town. 

There always be something, even if its just a massage joint with a table out the front with a few old stragglers drinking LEO.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, 473geo said:

I'm sure the guys that hand over loads of cash are bowled over by the comments on this thread from the cream of the crop ???? still dining out on the tale of a bar girl taking off with a staggering 500 baht, or how to keep the cost down on a visit to 7-11 ????

Was my comment a bit to close to home for you @473geo????? hahaha

Well I've never been with a bar girl and I don't buy girls same as if I was dating a girl back home I'm not into fishy demolished issan vag anyway I'd rather fap tbh ???? but each to their own.

423201_255286801231918_1645535993_n.jpg

Edited by misterjames
  • Confused 1

On 8/14/2020 at 11:46 AM, pookondee said:

We have heard it all before.

Yes, unfortunately we have. And now you repeat the same stupidity.

I just don´t get you. So, you are giving her money for get something out of it. You mean like you pay a prostitute anyway, but it just not feel that way when she is with mama and papa. Really?

I thought you were giving her money because you liked her or even loved her. Why in the world would you send money from abroad otherwise? Then you could just have a new one everytime, and just pretend that because she is with you all the time you are in Thailand it ain´t so bad.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, misterjames said:

Was my comment a bit to close to home for you @473geo????? hahaha

Well I've never been with a bar girl and I don't buy girls same as if I was dating a girl back home I'm not into fishy demolished issan vag anyway I'd rather fap tbh ???? but each to their own.

You don't know what you are missing, once you get above the waiting outside 7 - 11 or 500 baht level.

Limited experience has never been a good basis for commenting on a topic, in my opinion, but keep trying. perhaps the gap in your experience and knowledge can be covered with a little more reading and imagination.

• Thanks 1