The ol: "I wait you darling"...but how long to keep it up?

pookondee

If you had just a little bit of empathy , you’d think that maybe your * girlfriend* needs the money through these awful times. But as you * are getting nothing out of it * then I suppose you will drop her. You are likening her to a prostitute. Sick.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

if not, maybe it's more honest to stop now, and do not let the girl

with hopeless dreams, At least if she is ''free'' she can still have the

opportunity to meet someone really interested in a long term relationship with her

I don't think him sending her money will make her any less 'free'.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, geisha said:

If you had just a little bit of empathy , you’d think that maybe your * girlfriend* needs the money through these awful times. But as you * are getting nothing out of it * then I suppose you will drop her. You are likening her to a prostitute. Sick.

Just as i was reading this reply it also occured to me that i also have the issue of if i should (and how long for) continue paying my condo rent in Thailand if im not there to use it, and " getting nothing out of it"

The 2 issues are kind of similar If you think of the issues without the emotional element of there being a lady involved.

I realise you were probably stirring the pot here or even trolling here, 

but it helped me see yet another side of this coin,

as have all of the many well thought out responses like 437geo.

so thanks to all.

20 hours ago, pookondee said:

Its the kind of grand naievity i talk about.

Ok if you obscenely rich right now but it can never last forever with that sort of attitude.

One day you could well be on the steps of a 7/11 with not even 2x100 baht notes to rub together.

You will be thinking of EVERY bundle of 120k piรรed away, recounting every month and the grand total..

while trying to begging for 75 baht from passers by for a beer Chang.

When I met my wife, I wasn't thinking about what I would lose, I was thinking about what I would gain.

Hard to believe you claim to be with someone for 3 or 4 years and have this mindset?

28 minutes ago, NotYourBusiness said:

So cold.

35 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

Prostitute isn't the right word here imo, she is more a ''holiday companionship''

anyway they aren't married, the girl's child isn't his child, it's not his family nor

his country and he is not even sure to be able to come back maybe before years.

She was doing ok before to meet him, now the times are hard because of the virus

but she lives in a farm in the boonies, where nothing change years after years, she still

have a free roof on her head and enough food.

Of course a little financial help from outside is still welcome for pay extra like school stuff

or an exceptional expense (A motorbike repair, a new phone or something like that)

If the OP has enough money, he can still send a little bit when he wants.

As far as i know the girl had not asked anything, he was just him decided to send 

money for the birthday of the child (And the new school year starting)

The most important is to not install it as a regular and mandatory payment

because it's not, he has no any obligation. as long as to help her makes him

happy, he can help, but if it's becoming a problem, it's better to stop.

To stop the money flux doesn't mean necessary to stop the relation

with the girl. The real question for him is ''does he want a long term

relationship with her? '' . It seems he is not sure of the answer, hence the topic.

if not, maybe it's more honest to stop now, and do not let the girl

with hopeless dreams, At least if she is ''free'' she can still have the

opportunity to meet someone really interested in a long term relationship with her

That pretty much sums it up as good as any post on here. thanks.

I was content with her as a long term prospect before Covid.

I still am. 

So the larger part of it, i think, is the frustrations these travel restrictions bring...

The hopelessness and the knowing one cant do a daมน thing about it,

and the realization that having the ability to make certain choices for the future has now been completely taken away from many of us.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

When I met my wife, I wasn't thinking about what I would lose, I was thinking about what I would gain.

Hard to believe you claim to be with someone for 3 or 4 years and have this mindset?

Someone earlier said i was somehow blaming her for this Covid. lol

I cant make any sense of that comment.

But its undeniable that the Covid IS the cause of this issue, else i would be there right now and i wouldn't be asking any of this.

Life would go on as normal, and id probably have more expenses than i do at the present, truth be known.

But the thing is, if some all powerful daiety said this to you:

"You cannot see your GF for 1, 2 or 5 years...in fact i cant even tell you how long it will be, just that you wont be spending any time together any time soon"

That surely would make you think?

Its the ultimate "being forced into a long distance relationship" scenario.

Money issues aside, some would probably ask themselves why put myself and her through that kind of emotional pain and upheaval if not married/no kids 

So i really do actually feel for the families, partners and their kids who are being seperated because of all this BS.

That sหit is real.

Which is partly why i relegated the question to Farang pub forum.

The issue is real for me, but i acknowledge other guys have got A LOT more real serious stuff going on in their lives. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zikomat said:

You keep deluding yourself, imho. Thrills of giving? Not really. An illusion of ‘love’ and ‘bonding’ - this is what you buy with your money. There are actually much better candidates for monetary help than those young and healthy Isaan girls and their lazy families. In reality, it is all about emotional loneliness and... vagina.

The guy is only hearing what he wants to hear mate he doesn't want to admit that it's all about control and manipulation he's happy to pay the price to stop her jumping on someone else.

Now he's even try to justify it to himself by saying that his friends had to pay more to their Aus wives trying to assure himself he must be getting a good deal and also implying that any relationship involves handing over cash.

He's also trying to justify it under the guise of wanting about helping others out (because he good hansum man) while we all see though it and realise he would have sought out a reputable charity helping those far less fortunate instead he's choosing with his little head and fear of losing her which is exactly where she wants him and the game goes on as it has forever.

As long as there are suckers out there these women will continue we are wasting our time on this one he should just continue this discussion with @473geo in private so they can continue to convince themselves that they aren't suckers really.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

57 minutes ago, pookondee said:

That pretty much sums it up as good as any post on here. thanks.

I was content with her as a long term prospect before Covid.

I still am. 

So the larger part of it, i think, is the frustrations these travel restrictions bring...

The hopelessness and the knowing one cant do a daมน thing about it,

and the realization that having the ability to make certain choices for the future has now been completely taken away from many of us.

Well nothing last forever .. C19 included ... I bet you 100$ that in 6 to 12 months you will be able to return ????  ....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 473geo said:

You do realise what sending a bit of 'chump change' means

Those that can......may choose to do

Those less fortunate can only stand and stare

What are your views on keeping a Mia noi?

I even can not speak Thai, but I can have better girls without paying. ????

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I don't think him sending her money will make her any less 'free'.

It depends how many camera conexions he is asking daily

it could be a little bit complicated for her if she wants to broaden

her searching zone for example to another city for few weeks.

Of course if she just wants a ''quickie'' with one of the local guy, it's not a problem at all

1 hour ago, misterjames said:

The guy is only hearing what he wants to hear mate he doesn't want to admit that it's all about control and manipulation he's happy to pay the price to stop her jumping on someone else.

Now he's even try to justify it to himself by saying that his friends had to pay more to their Aus wives trying to assure himself he must be getting a good deal and also implying that any relationship involves handing over cash.

He's also trying to justify it under the guise of wanting about helping others out (because he good hansum man) while we all see though it and realise he would have sought out a reputable charity helping those far less fortunate instead he's choosing with his little head and fear of losing her which is exactly where she wants him and the game goes on as it has forever.

As long as there are suckers out there these women will continue we are wasting our time on this one he should just continue this discussion with @473geo in private so they can continue to convince themselves that they aren't suckers really.

He's stated numerous times that his girlfriend has  never asked for any money and he was the one who instigated the original payment. So please enlighten us as to why it's all about control and manipulation on her behalf?

Edited by AverageBloke
Spelling
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, AverageBloke said:

He's stated numerous times that his girlfriend has  never asked for any money and he was the one who instigated the original payment. So please enlighten us as to why it's all about control and manipulation on her behalf?

then why is he afraid she's going to leave him or go bang someone else if he stops paying? I think that speaks for itself 

It's all part of the manipulative mind games these kind of women play to keep the cash coming.

Edited by misterjames

3 hours ago, Zikomat said:

You keep deluding yourself, imho. Thrills of giving? Not really. An illusion of ‘love’ and ‘bonding’ - this is what you buy with your money. There are actually much better candidates for monetary help than those young and healthy Isaan girls and their lazy families. In reality, it is all about emotional loneliness and... vagina.

If the above is your experience, I hope things improve for you soon. Rather pleased I am not traveling your road.

I have been known to tip 500 baht for 200 meal, not life changing for sure but it's good to occasionally make someones day ????

Edited by 473geo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kingofthemountain said:

It depends how many camera conexions he is asking daily

it could be a little bit complicated for her if she wants to broaden

her searching zone for example to another city for few weeks.

Of course if she just wants a ''quickie'' with one of the local guy, it's not a problem at all

Opposite to what these girls usually tell us, they actually prefer to have sex with other Thais. Sex with foreigners is, most of the time, about money for them, some kind of obligation they have to go through from time to time. Meanwhile, sex with their own is about feelings, romance, etc. It takes them not more than one hour scrolling through Facebook to find a sex partner these days. Any time, any place. If only all those ‘pussy-altruist’ farangs knew how much action happens behind their naive backs...

Ironically, it is farang’s money which allows those Isaan peasants to have a lot of time for the romantic element in their life, which comes instead of working in the rice field 24/7. 

The thrills of giving, yeah!

Edited by Zikomat
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, 473geo said:

I have been known to tip 500 baht for 200 meal, not life changing for sure but it's good to occasionally make someones day ????

I like that you had to tell us you left a tip once ???? so hey I can't help wondering why didn't you just go to a decent restaurant if you are such a big spender?

fz7xq.jpg

1 minute ago, misterjames said:

I like that you had to tell us you left a tip once ???? so hey I can't help wondering why didn't you just go to a decent restaurant if you are such a big spender?

fz7xq.jpg

What you don't get to dine for free at top restaurants......how sad you need to make new friends

• Confused 1

46 minutes ago, Zikomat said:

Opposite to what these girls usually say to us, they actually prefer to have sex with other Thais. Sex with foreigners is ,most of the time, about money for them, some kind of obligation they have to go through from time to time. Meanwhile, sex with their own is about feelings, romance, etc. 

Absolutely right these women would much rather be with one of those pale high so Thai guys that actually understands her mentality rather than some low class sweaty farrang punter that doesn't understand anything about her or her culture that is also in complete denial about how things work here and is only interested in what amount of cash can get him exclusive access her vag.

Wake up call they view you as weak and they exploit your weakness and then laugh about it behind your back.

The fact that these guys don't realise it shows how little these guys actually know or care about a woman's emotional wants and needs and then when their teerak tells them Thai guys no good they fall for it and honestly believe she loves only them ????

I will say it again no wonder the Thai lads have that smirk about them they know to hit it and quit it without sweating it.

Edited by misterjames

1 minute ago, misterjames said:

Plot twist your wife went back for her cut of the money ????

I didn't have a wife then,  now I have, she pays for everything, I don't need the hassle of carrying money or cards.

Please do keep up your contributions regarding the antics of Thai women, your view reminds me just how fortunate I have been to find such a special lady, and lucky that she wants to be part of my life, and appreciates me being in her life.

Go ahead you are making my day ????

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 473geo said:

I didn't have a wife then,  now I have, she pays for everything, I don't need the hassle of carrying money or cards.

Yeh alright mate ???? I think what you mean to say is that she talked you into transferring everything you own into her account then the sex stopped and so you spend your days white knighting for Yinn on Thaivisa as it's the closest you get to any vag since ????????

Edited by misterjames

7 minutes ago, misterjames said:

Yeh alright mate ???? I think what you mean to say is that she talked you into transferring everything you own into her account then the sex stopped and so you spend your days white knighting for Yinn on Thaivisa as it's the closest you get to any vag since ????????

Keep it going, you are making me feel quite smug now ????????

4 hours ago, Zikomat said:

Opposite to what these girls usually tell us, they actually prefer to have sex with other Thais. Sex with foreigners is, most of the time, about money for them, some kind of obligation they have to go through from time to time. Meanwhile, sex with their own is about feelings, romance, etc.

no, its all about age, they will prefer a young stud over an old,

and if hey have cash, they will pick them self and the old stud never gets a cue nr.

as for which race, depends from girl to girl their preference.

not much different from us, except we would charge a whole lot more

to go to bed with someone we arent attracted to

Edited by scammed