Boy, 2, in coma after being left for 7 hours in van

snoop1130

By The Nation

800_102f013eb8d61ae.jpg

A 2-year-old boy who was left in a hot van for seven hours in Nakhon Si Thammarat province on Tuesday (August 11) is showing no signs of life after lapsing into a coma.

The incident took place at Wat Simaram Child Development Centre where the boy, named Kong Bin, was found unconscious in the back of the van with his muscles contracted and mouth open.

His mother had earlier sent him to the centre in the van, but when the teacher later sent photos of the classroom, she noticed that Kong Bin was missing.

When the teacher said the boy was nowhere to be seen, the mother immediately contacted administration staff. They launched a search and discovered the boy in the vehicle.

He was sent to Phipun Hospital and later transferred to Maharaj Nakhon Si Thammarat Hospital and placed on a ventilator.

A doctor told the boy’s aunt that Kong Bin’s brain remains swollen and he has not responded to anything for a few days. The mother is trying to cope with her emotion, the aunt added.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30392976

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-08-14

• Sad 2

ANother sad, tragic preventable incident, and the possible loss of a life dependent on others. I doubt he will ever recovery fully from this and will live brain damaged and dependent if he does survive. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The incident took place at Wat Simaram Child Development Centre where the boy, named Kong Bin, was found unconscious in the back of the van with his muscles contracted and mouth open.

Not a very good advertisement for the Child Development Center I do hope they are investigated correctly and thoroughly so this never happens again. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

The incompetence of  the people here makes me lost for words. A simple task as driving a van and checking if all passengers are out is even to much. Same for the teacher, how difficult is it to count the children on arrival? Both should do some serious time in jail. For the child i hope it will recover but i an afraid its to late for that. Sad Sad Sad.

Unfortunately a similar thing happened in Australia this year  when a father forgot forgot to drop his son off at the centre, went to his office kid locked in car for 8 hours, dead.

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

His mother had earlier sent him to the centre in the van

This is why we drive our kids to school and pick them up from school, leaving them in someone else's care regardless, exposes them. I feel for the kid and hope he pulls through with no brain or other organ damage, but 7 hours in a hot van doesn't sound good at all.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Yet another sad case of sheer neglect...  when will people learn the lessons?

A brain dead lazy bast**d driver who was too lazy to walk though the van and physically check all the seat were vacated before locking it and walking away.

I make no excuses for my tone... LAZY BASTARDS !!

• Like 2

The school vans are coffins , when I take my children to school they speed past me dangerously to get there quick and 10 minutes later I see them  parked up together and they drink all day and back to reckless driving to get kids and dumped them off. I would carry my children on my back rather than let them in a minibus

7 hours ago, Catoni said:

Incompetence that endangers children or results in children’s deaths is a crime worse than the twisted sickness of pedophilia. 

Not quite but almost. 

Edited by Venom