Volunteer Visa or ED Visa?

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Did agent suggest what you should do? Meaning give some options. Where did you do your 90 day reports for previous 12 months

Agent suggested I pay 35K and I won't need any documents. I understand the attraction of this for those who don't qualify for a visa but I meet all the requirements. I'll look into it further. I do all my 90 day reports at CM and have my current address here uprated. 

5 minutes ago, Patcan said:

I do all my 90 day reports at CM and have my current address here uprated.

Have you actually gone to CM imm for a chat. If you already have the 800k in bankbook wouldn't hurt to show as means of explaining your intention to apply for extension based on retirement. When does your current permission of stay end?

My current visa expires in Sept but I'm preparing for the next one now in case there's some surprises. I have the required yearly income so I don't need the 800K balance. I'll take your advice and have a sit down with the immigration office in CM. Thanks for your help guys. 

2 hours ago, Patcan said:

I've lived in CM over 4 years now and only did the volunteer visa in KK ( through an agent ) because they don't do volunteer visas in CM

So have you been volunteering or is this a 'pay the agent and get the volunteer visa without meeting the requirements' situation?

3 hours ago, Patcan said:

Agent suggested I pay 35K and I won't need any documents. I understand the attraction of this for those who don't qualify for a visa but I meet all the requirements. I'll look into it further. I do all my 90 day reports at CM and have my current address here uprated. 

35k for volunteer visa ? where ?

all the famous cheaters want 45k...

5 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

That's the price for a retirement visa I believe.

It depends on situation. Some folk are first of all using agent to obtain non O  then obtain 12 month extension. Others may already have non o previously and only need the extension, hence different prices. 

20 hours ago, jackdd said:

Who told you this? It's probably wrong

It is definitely not wrong.  CM Immigration have never allowed the "Volunteer" extension on the orders of the Governor for some reason.  How he gets involved in IO procedures is beyond me but this has been raised before.  I know a number of CM residents in the "Volunteer" system and they have all had to use agents and "register" in KK.  35,000 Baht is I believe the fee charged by the agent

This just shows what happens when you use an agent to bypass the rules  and then sometimes get stuck with using that agent for everything as opposed to using an agent for convenience!

8 minutes ago, fangless said:

It is definitely not wrong.  CM Immigration have never allowed the "Volunteer" extension on the orders of the Governor for some reason.  How he gets involved in IO procedures is beyond me but this has been raised before.  I know a number of CM residents in the "Volunteer" system and they have all had to use agents and "register" in KK.  35,000 Baht is I believe the fee charged by the agent

This just shows what happens when you use an agent to bypass the rules  and then sometimes get stuck with using that agent for everything as opposed to using an agent for convenience!

The poster who I replied to wants to apply for a retirement extension.

16 minutes ago, fangless said:

.  CM Immigration have never allowed the "Volunteer" extension on

Think the guy asking about this is wanting to change 'reason for extension' that's allowed and wants extension based on retirement. Has the financials etc.

I earlier suggested he go to CM immigration and outline his intentions for next extension.

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Think the guy asking about this is wanting to change 'reason for extension' that's allowed and wants extension based on retirement. Has the financials etc.

I earlier suggested he go to CM immigration and outline his intentions for next extension.

Yes, that was what I was going to do. Just wondering if my volunteer visa was " O " .  The visa I had before was EDU-O.

13 minutes ago, Patcan said:

Yes, that was what I was going to do. Just wondering if my volunteer visa was " O " .  The visa I had before was EDU-O.

You would of had a non-ed visa if you got it to attend a school. There is no EDU-O visa that exists.

The abbreviation for non immigrant visas is non. 

You were attending a school you would been on extension of stay based upon attending a school. You might of changed the reason for it to a extension for working as a volunteer.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You would of had a non-ed visa if you got it to attend a school. There is no EDU-O visa that exists.

The abbreviation for non immigrant visas is non. 

You were attending a school you would been on extension of stay based upon attending a school. You might of changed the reason for it to a extension for working as a volunteer.

Thank you

Archived