My journey to Elite (Visa)

6 minutes ago, FlyingThai said:

You just wasted time and money with these clowns. Could have done everything in 10 minutes online via the Thailand Elite website.

I doubt it cost anything extra, the agent will make a profit and the government will get slightly less, much the same apart from the copies of every page in the passport which aren't required by TE when you go direct.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ukrules said:

I doubt it cost anything extra, the agent will make a profit and the government will get slightly less, much the same apart from the copies of every page in the passport which aren't required by TE when you go direct.

Apparently they also tried to handle a Non-O for him but yeah regardless, the representative will certainly get some commission. It's quite an attractive commission as I came to an... let's call it agreement with the lady "selling" it to me. 

Not sure why they make it so difficult other than trying to show off that they have to do more than is actually required. I hope for his sake he's actually on the right visa type to be switched over to TE.

1 hour ago, FlyingThai said:

Apparently they also tried to handle a Non-O for him but yeah regardless, the representative will certainly get some commission. It's quite an attractive commission as I came to an... let's call it agreement with the lady "selling" it to me. 

Not sure why they make it so difficult other than trying to show off that they have to do more than is actually required. I hope for his sake he's actually on the right visa type to be switched over to TE.

Ah, that was another agent that does the bribing route, impossible they came back with, the Elite is handled by a government anointed legal/agent firm.

One handling mine is Australian (owner) i think...

2 hours ago, ukrules said:

Tried going direct, emailed, called no response.

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, FlyingThai said:

All I can say to this is your "lawyers" suck, you would have done better going to a local pub.

There is no requirement for TE applications to "scan every page in your passport".

Lawyers also can't do a Thailand Elite Visa for you. They are essentialy acting as a sales agent for Thailand Elite Company Ltd (TEC). All will be handled through TE and you even pay to TE.

Immigration also doesn't treat the current amnesty as overstay because if you're on overstay you can't get a TE visa switch while in country.

You just wasted time and money with these clowns. Could have done everything in 10 minutes online via the Thailand Elite website.

FWIW you will need to present your current TM.30 on the day the label is affixed.

Sorry you are talking utter horse<deleted>, its on their requirements as part of the processing.

essentials are highlighted above, secondary is to confirm there is no overstay (more than 2 in the last 3 yrs) and the reason they need it, is due to this all being done in BKK whilst i am in the south.

I said lawyers as they are a law firm and visa firm, and the person i am dealing with is the owner who is a lawyer, and the people under her, are lawyers.

Immigration do treat Amnesty as overstay, its the exact reason i can not return to Non Im O which is well documented, its a "OVERSTAY" but you are not fined, go and ask them.

And i've wasted no money, with them, like i stated, i paid nothing, and i only pay 500k at the immigration in Bangkok when my visa is approved in 30-45 days, which is the same price.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

imo you should have saved a bunch of money (And also few hassles)

going  the ''agent road'' to obtain your O visa with a little financial help

from the agent to the ''benevolent'' immigration officer

I have a few bob in investments in Thailand, and that is without my homes being taken into the equation, you will excuse me for not wanting to chance my assets to the whim of a backstreet visa...

Otherwise i could have became a volunteer lol or studied Thai... and then some day been arrested for miss-use or what ever.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

the lawyers make a commission from Thai Elite.

i have had TE now for 3 or more years and it was a breeze to obtain and it has been easy sailing all the way i used our lawyers to go through the process.

from time of applying to get final approval only took one afternoon then it was just a matter of paying.

i think from reading a lot of posts about TE there are many people now applying for this and therefore they have many many more applications to try and process thus erasing why its taking so long though saying this a friend of mine applied and had it all done in one month, june 2020 this year. he said it would have been quicker but he couldn't get to bangkok to get the visa issued into passport.

good luck. TE is not for everyone as some people dont wish to spend the money and that is always their option but if you can afford it, believe me it makes life a little less of a hassle living here. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jenkins9039 said:

Yeah, found that shocking, if i am honest.

Hawryluk Legal Advisors is who i am going with.

Have to concur always reply within one day ( Maybe sign of the times)

Anyhow OP i feel you are making the right choice in my opinion .

Ive always ignored the doubters its my choice my money,

I'm surprised the OP was required to scan every page of his passport.

I went to the thailandelite website, supplied the information they required (passport front page and passport full face photo) and applied. A few hours later I received pin and link to the welcome page.

A few days later on checking my junk email inbox i discovered another email from them with a 2 page consent form for immigration background check plus a page with 5 basic questions on passport empty pages, holding a current visa, overstay and reason expectation of being a member. The email also contained info on the process obtaining a visa. 

The thailandelite welcome profile page shows the application progress.

Image preview

35 minutes ago, Farma said:

I'm surprised the OP was required to scan every page of his passport.

I went to the thailandelite website, supplied the information they required (passport front page and passport full face photo) and applied. A few hours later I received pin and link to the welcome page.

A few days later on checking my junk email inbox i discovered another email from them with a 2 page consent form for immigration background check plus a page with 5 basic questions on passport empty pages, holding a current visa, overstay and reason expectation of being a member. The email also contained info on the process obtaining a visa. 

The thailandelite welcome profile page shows the application progress.

Image preview

Like mentioned i suspect its to ensure theres only one overstay in the past 3yrs (which is the amnesty), only overstay i have is from 2016 when i turned up a day after the public holiday (visa extension was required on the day of the public holiday), learned then you had to go the day before.

42 minutes ago, Farma said:

I'm surprised the OP was required to scan every page of his passpor

Does it really matter?  I can scan every page of my passport at home with my cheap printer/scanner and do it in < 10 minutes.

4 minutes ago, Jenkins9039 said:

Like mentioned i suspect its to ensure theres only one overstay in the past 3yrs (which is the amnesty), only overstay i have is from 2016 when i turned up a day after the public holiday (visa extension was required on the day of the public holiday), learned then you had to go the day before.

No, if the immigration office is closed on the day your visa PTS expires, you can go the very next day and it wouldnt be counted as being an overstay 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, aussieinphuket said:

i have had TE now for 3 or more years

Can you confirm something that I just read, please. If you stay in Thailand without leaving (and getting a 12 month extension on re-entry) then you still have to report to immig to get your extension, just like a  retirement extension. If this is correct and you lived a long way from an IO the advantage of the Elite becomes dubious! 

4 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

No, if the immigration office is closed on the day your visa PTS expires, you can go the very next day and it wouldnt be counted as being an overstay 

Specifically states in there the following (does not affect visa application though as from 2016).

Screen Shot 2020-08-15 at 16.05.37.png

27 minutes ago, biggles45 said:

Can you confirm something that I just read, please. If you stay in Thailand without leaving (and getting a 12 month extension on re-entry) then you still have to report to immig to get your extension, just like a  retirement extension. If this is correct and you lived a long way from an IO the advantage of the Elite becomes dubious! 

Yeah read that, but generally would send staff to handle that anyway, though now i think you can use a Gov agent / or agent.

1 hour ago, biggles45 said:

Yes but you literally just have to present your passport. Totally hassle-free and not at the mercy of what a particular immigration officer at a particular office may require from you on any given day for a retirement or marriage extension. As well as priority in an out an no queues based on what I've read here. It won't take half a day or a day.

Surprised the OP doesn't get a proper response to urgent inquiries from TE. That being said they sometimes also took a few days to get back to me. Didn't bother me at the time because my query wasn't time sensitive, I just found it a bit odd.

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update, still in progress, i did receive a call last Friday, where Immigration (BKK) rejected, based on my signature today not being the same as my signature in 2015 that was in my passport, that was fun re-doing all the documents and trying to figure out how to do a signature that was profoundly different and more artistic.

New docs were emailed up same-day i believe for today (Monday) 

I did remark, if they had issues going forth, they'd be best to use thumb prints as they should have them dating back to 2010 lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just to give an update on this.

As mentioned (i believe) previously i obtained the document from the British embassy for the request for the Thai Gov to issue me with a Non Im O until such a time as the Elite is confirmed (upto 45 days) which would take it into October,

I attended Immigration again today where they informed me, again the Non Im 0 (or rather 12 month) extension can not be obtained due to the few weeks i was on Amnesty (i am on 60 day currently).

They did issue a 30 day (12th sep - 12th oct) - even though apparently they are meant to issue it from 27th sep to 26th/27th oct (same immigration officer), they also did advise me waiting till the end of the month because they believe 80% that the amnesty will be extended, but that is no good for me, as a person on Amnesty can't do anything with the banks as they are not allowed to do anything with accounts (statements etc, updates, management, investment management) for those on an 'overstay' which amnesty is considered as. 

I will post a new thread ref the 80% as i imagine that will alleviate some peoples concerns.

I know that currently background checks are being run on me by Immigration in Bangkok, for the elite visa, and i hope that is finally in place before the end of the month or early next month.