BANGKOK
Thaivisa Web Content Team

German Circus Weathers Pandemic by Selling Jars of Lion Poop

They say money does not smell, but a lucrative venture thought up by a German circus is proof that money can actually stink. The Krone Circus in Munich is in the business of selling lion poop.

Circus are forbidden from performing during the pandemic, so many of them have been struggling to stay afloat in the last few months. Animal circuses have it even worse, as they have dozens of creatures to feed every day, so many of them have been forced to think outside the box in order to stay solvent. The Krone Circus, in Munich, Germany, has come up with a stinky yet profitable business idea – selling jars of poop from their 26 lions and tigers for 5 euros ($6) a pop.

The wacky idea started out as a joke designed to make people laugh and get their minds of Covid-19, but the jars of big cat poop have proven so popular that the circus has now set up a small shop shaped like the Mr. Poo emoji right in front of its Munich headquarters. Interested buyers can purchase as many poop jars as they want between 10:00 am and 02:00 pm.

Believe it or not, people don’t just buy the jars of poop to support the Krone Circus and its animals, or to offer it to friends as a prank, many of them are actually putting it to good use. Apparently, the lion and tiger poop is a great pest repellent, and many of Krone’s clients swear by it.

I am told it keeps cats away from the garden, and since then we have learned that also it keeps the animals away from the car, where they eat all the electric cables,” lion tamer Martin Lacey told Reuters.

The lion tamer added that the smallest amount of lion or tiger poop placed strategically can keep most animals, from cats and wild boars at bay. Its efficacy as an animal repellent has been lauded online and the circus is generating some much-needed revenue. It’s a win-win situation.

Krone Circus’ luck may be coming to an end soon, though, as after word of its new best-selling product started making news headlines, a German animal rights group started raining on its parade.

According to German news outlet OVB Online, Aktionsgruppe claims to have tested the big cat poop in a lab and to have found a highly resistant bacteria that can affect both wildlife and humans. It’s calling for authorities to take action.

FULL ARTICLE

I'm started to get worried about "animal rights groups" when they start defending animal poop, instead of the animals themselves.....

• Haha 1

Made me laugh...people unable to pay their rent and mortgage because of the virus...while others purchase animal poop!  Fugged up world.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

I'm having trouble with my business, despite reducing prices.  This is per bag, not per puck!

image.jpeg.521d933e452d8cc58f13d393b10fde7a.jpeg

Then there's the elephant poo dive.  Only in America. 

Edited by Damrongsak

im so hard pressed financially right now i consider selling my own poop

• Thanks 1

maybe it is time to close business like that forever, together with some other outdated institutions