‘Commander pressured forensics team to reduce Boss speed estimate’

rooster59

7 hours ago, Speedhump said:

The bike slotted into my wing just like this, still standing and wedged in after the impact.

A lighter object, plowing into a heavy object, is quite different than a heavy object plowing into a lighter object.

A heavy object, impacting a lighter one, is likely to propel that lighter object, causing a lessor impact. A lighter object, impacting a heavier object will be less likely to budge the latter, resulting in a much harder impact.  

10 hours ago, Bundooman said:

But that's the problem, isn't it? . He's not a man. just a spoiled, insignificant, self important, strutting little s**t of a human, totally disinterested, no empathy , no regret, no sense of responsibility, no moral courage, no decency - just another, insignificant, priveleged, " Do you know who I am"? -  nothing little turd on the side walks of humanity!

He's a Thai driver. They mostly all act in the same manner. The evidence is conclusive. 

Witnessed a hit and run myself here in Chonburi a few months ago, a Vios changing lanes on Sukhumvit at speed wiped out a motorcyclist. Vios at fault, probably did not check mirrors. Stopped for a few seconds probably out of shock then sped off. 

Reprehensible behaviour but common here. 

On 8/15/2020 at 7:13 AM, rooster59 said:

Sira implied Thanasit may feel intimidated by someone behind the case, adding that he should tell the truth for his own safety as he will be protected.

Didn't workout too well for one of the witnesses.... maybe this guy is too high up the tree.

15 hours ago, AlfHuy said:

motorbike 120mph 555, that's a rocket. 192km/hr with this motorbike 555

The speeds were in km per hour not mph as the article reads.  And was that speed at time of impact?  Or the maximum speed estimated of the Ferrari prior to breaking and then a lower speed at point of impact?  Were there skid marks on the road?  Or no breaking at point of impact? I haven't followed the whole case so just wondering.  Forensics can calculate speeds washed off from that as well if that was the case.

3 hours ago, Curt1591 said:

A lighter object, plowing into a heavy object, is quite different than a heavy object plowing into a lighter object.

A heavy object, impacting a lighter one, is likely to propel that lighter object, causing a lessor impact. A lighter object, impacting a heavier object will be less likely to budge the latter, resulting in a much harder impact.  

Thank you, that's interesting. The Boss car should have pushed the bike a long way at that speed, surely the bike tires would have been shredded/long gone. What do you believe the photo indicates, does it support the speed claims? Just interested. 

Edit: it's been pointed out to me that the photo is just a mock-up of the event. Sorry for being dumb.  

Edited by Speedhump

4 minutes ago, Speedhump said:

Thank you, that's interesting. The Boss car should have pushed the bike a long way at that speed, surely the bike tires would have been shredded/long gone. What do you believe the photo indicates, does it support the speed claims? Just interested. 

the bike in the photo is not the actual bike ,just a prop for the reenactment.

22 minutes ago, Speedhump said:

Edit: it's been pointed out to me that the photo is just a mock-up of the event. Sorry for being dumb.  

The placement of the vehicles is a mockup. The motorcycle is a prop. However, the car is the actual car. Can't recall ever seeing the motorcycle involved. 
IMHO, because the lighter object would tend to be pushed, the fact that it did so much damage to the car might suggest the car was traveling at a significant speed. 

On 8/15/2020 at 7:36 AM, ChipButty said:

This is getting embarrassing now, the little towrag Boss should admit the truth from where ever he is and stop this circus so many people have their neck on the line it's time to throw the towel in and be a man

That isn’t going to happen.

2 hours ago, Curt1591 said:

The placement of the vehicles is a mockup. The motorcycle is a prop. However, the car is the actual car. Can't recall ever seeing the motorcycle involved. 
IMHO, because the lighter object would tend to be pushed, the fact that it did so much damage to the car might suggest the car was traveling at a significant speed. 

Thanks again. 

On 8/15/2020 at 7:13 AM, rooster59 said:

Commander pressured forensics team to reduce Boss speed estimate’

enough with all the blaming BS, it's time for some heads starting to roll.... bunch of corrupted/inefficient/liars scammers 

On 8/15/2020 at 7:44 AM, statman78 said:

I wish I had the book and movie rights to this story.  I could make a fortune. It is much more interesting and exciting than many of the current movies and tv programs.

Funny you should say that because I watch a recently released movie last night titled "One Night in Bangkok" about an old guy who comes to Bangkok to kill a rich spoilt brat who killed the old guy's daughter and her family while driving his Porche drunk.  He also kills all those responsible for bribing the only witness and turning the story around to make the son in law the guilty party and making the spoilt brat look like an innocent victim.  The police station involved was one I am sure I have seen in the news before.......Thong Lor!!??  What a strange coincidence,,,or not?

• Like 1

I have never seen someone driving so fast in a city, with traces of cocaine and alcohol in their blood, who killed a policeman and did not stop, not assisting him but dragging it for several meters, to be as much protected from the authority.

This guy is really lucky to have so much protection for his crime and his lifestyle.
He is a super star, a national hero, the protégé of this government it would seem ...
Just like the institutions, in public, I pretend to be very surprised by this situation, with a silly smile which suggests that any discussion on the subject would be of no importance.

What? What do you say ?
Is it because he's rich?
But no ... it also happens to the poor to be so protected by the government for drug use and to have killed a policeman on the road and to have fled ... no?
What? Are they all rotten?
No, not everyone can be fatally rotten in a system born through a coup where the hierarchy is so strong.

If the great chief decides that all is well, then it is better to shut up and bow your head in submission than to risk prison for defending an idea of justice.

This is the sort of thing that the anti-government lobby and demonstrations should highlight as an example of why the Country is going down the pan. 

Apologies if mentioned already, but skipped a few pages.

12 minutes ago, Huckenfell said:

The person who paid out all the bribes of course. That person or persons should be going to jail.

No guilt here with kerching topped with some heavy merit making down the local Wat.

2 hours ago, Ketyo said:

I thought the main point about the military government was that they want law and order. Modelled on the military State Law and Order Restoration Council (SLORC) in Myanmar, which saw Myanmar turn from one of the richest countries in S.E. Asia in the 1950s to one of the poorest for the next 60 years.

The people have to put up with an in-your-face government full of inexpert, unprofessional and not-very-clever military people who only know how to ban this or crack down on that for whatever the people want and like to do. 

An then it turns out that the 'commander' who forced the police to alter the evidence is part of the military government whose only slight positive is that they are supposed to know about law and order.

Amazing Thailand

So basically speaking, the present PM is responsible for this nest of bribery and corruption, the buck should stop with him.

• Like 1