Myanmar men jailed for murder of British tourists on Koh Tao taken off death row

rooster59

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

Do they qualify after a few years in jail to be sent back to Myanmar to finish their sentence? Then they can tell the real story

So who stopped them from telling the real story? Their lawyers? Andy Hall? The several judges? Newspaper reporters who spoke with them? What is your theory of why they went through three court levels and spent years on death row, but still refused to tell anyone including their families "the real story"?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, British Bulldog said:

I don't know ... if it were me, I'm not sure that I would be rejoicing over the decision, to spend the rest of my life in a Thai Jail, I think I'd rather die !

When death knocks at the door, I am sure one might have a different, less rational, approach

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wandasloan said:

So who stopped them from telling the real story? Their lawyers? Andy Hall? The several judges? Newspaper reporters who spoke with them? What is your theory of why they went through three court levels and spent years on death row, but still refused to tell anyone including their families "the real story"?

They were told that if they comply with the story, they would get a lenient sentence 

• Like 1

Should never have been convicted on suspicious evidence in the first place another fiasco that needs re-visiting regarding investigation . RTP might be good at Road fines but bloody useless and corrupt and incompetent when it comes to major crime investigation 

• Like 1