Non O spouse visa - 60 day extension - UK marriage - get document legalised first?

For a

1) NON-O ME visa holder based on marriage,

2) Married to a Thai in the UK = UK marriage certificate, 

3) Currently in Thailand with his wife,

4) Current entry stamp expired 15th June 2020,

5) Visa good to use for entry until December 5th 2020.

It is my understanding to get a 1 year extension based on marriage, for part of the required paperwork they must first

a) send back marriage certificate to the UK document legalised service,

b) send it onwards to the Thai Embassy in London, get it returned to someone in the UK who then send it back to me

c) take it to Bangkok to get it stamped by the MFA legalisation division

My question is:

For the 60 day extension based on being married to a Thai, do I need to go through the above process first? or can I just use our UK marriage certificate as part of the paperwork presented?

6 minutes ago, STD Warehouse said:

Also, in terms of getting the 60 extension, do you think it's a problem that my current entry stamp finished on 15th June and Im on the amnesty?

It should not be a problem but it could depend upon the office where you apply for it.

45 minutes ago, STD Warehouse said:

a) send back marriage certificate to the UK document legalised service,

b) send it onwards to the Thai Embassy in London, get it returned to someone in the UK who then send it back to me

c) take it to Bangkok to get it stamped by the MFA legalisation division

a) Send it the The Legalisation Office, Foreign and Commonwealth Office P.O. Box 6255 MILTON KEYNES MK10 1XX United Kingdom

b) Send it to the Thai Embassy London

c) I also recommend you get a certified copy of your Passport from the British Embassy.

d) Get your marriage certificate and certified copy of Passport translated into Thai in Thailand.

e) Take the documents and translations to the Consular section of the MFA for legalisation.

f) Take the above to your local Amphoe who should now register your foreign (UK) marriage.

Provided you get your 60 day extension, time will be short to accomplish the above before you need to submit your 1 year extension application.

I suggest you contact one of the many agents in the UK who can facilitate the above on your behalf and with overseas EMS post perhaps have it returned in 4 weeks.

• Like 1

In Hua Hin imm. asked me for certified marriage certificate and I told her that only affidavit since US embassy does not certify marriage certificate.   So I did affidavit and showed her on the day I applied for 60 days.  She accepted it and I got 60 days extension.

Edited by playboy

26 minutes ago, playboy said:

In Hua Hin imm. asked me for certified marriage certificate and I told her that only affidavit since US embassy does not certify marriage certificate.   So I did affidavit and showed her on the day I applied for 60 days.  She accepted it and I got 60 days extension.

Thanks thats useful info.

Was this recently?

49 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

The UK Embassy do not do 'affidavits' for that purpose.

Just wonder if they do certified marriage certificate?   If neither so what will Brits will do to certify their marriage certificate? 

Edited by playboy

10 minutes ago, playboy said:

Wow! that will take time!

If the US embassy did not let you do affidavit to a self certification of yours it would be worse.

You would first have to have it legitimized by the state that issued it, then the department of state  and after that the Thai Embassy.

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If the US embassy did not let you do affidavit to a self certification of yours it would be worse.

You would first have to have it legitimized by the state that issued it, then the department of state  and after that the Thai Embassy.

Thank you Ubonjoe????????