Video: Next door neighbors stealing water! They admit it and come out with a ton of excuses

rooster59

2 minutes ago, marquis22 said:

And houses do not have gutters to catch it.

Then you can make it. Next is he goes to the fridge of the neighbor and takes out food because he is so hungry. 

I understand that he has no money at the moment. But with the right approach and attitude people might be willing to help. But he acts more like a criminal. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Heppinger said:

Yes your correct, pull their finger nails out before administrating lethal injection that is missing a key ingredient ensuring a slow and agonizing death while forced to watch re-runs of little house on the prairie.

and if that doesn't work, maybe a couple of days in the stocks at the town center for a bit of public ridicule :dry:

3 hours ago, Heppinger said:

Yes your correct, pull their finger nails out before administrating lethal injection that is missing a key ingredient ensuring a slow and agonizing death while forced to watch re-runs of little house on the prairie.

give em all the water they want on the waterboard!

4 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I remember someone else caught stealing water.

A foreigner let two of his Thai staff (husband and wife) live in his house to look after it while he went back to his home country for a couple of months.

He returned to find he had a water bill for over 10,000 Baht.

After a lot of questioning and asking his neighbours, it was discovered that during Songkran while he was away, the Thai male was using a hose to sell his water supply, filling up water trucks who were in turn selling it for people to throw at each other.

Enterprising employee's like this are hard to find

After all they only sold water Not the house and car

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The man explained that his mummy had not sent him any money and he has heart disease and a host of other complaints and can't work.

Blah blah... I'd make a police report, theft is theft I understand very well !

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

No. That is blatant theft.

It would appear that the staff that he had house sitting not only stole the water and kept the money too.

If it were e I would have sacked the staff and kept their wages to pay off the enormous water bill.

this is why most new start ups fail to get off the ground because of outdated terms such as "theft" stop holding back progress man 

3 hours ago, scorecard said:

Reminds me of the case in my old village in Sth. Pattaya, townhouses with shared dividing walls. Indian family did some tricky reconnaissance of the next house to make notes of the exact positions of electric outlets in the dividing wall (2 levels) before the house was occupied.

Then back in their own house they carefully drilled through to get access to the outlets in the house next door, then carefully opened enough of the walls so that they could join their wires into the wall outlets of the house next door and instant free power.

Quite some years later the house paying for all the electricity was sold to a farang who quickly realized his monthly power bill was high and he asked several nearby neighbors what they paid monthly for electricity. All indicated about half of what he was paying.

Then someone noticed that the power poll just outside the house next door had a power meter, but no wires from the power meter into the house.

Farang got a Thai friend to call the power company and tell them the whole story.

Power company engineers arrived with a policeman, they demanded to talk to the Indian man who claimed that he had bought the house from someone, power bill never came so he assumed electricity was free.

Cops checked the ownership details at the land titles office and discovered the Indian man they had spoken to had bought the house new and had personally lived at the house from purchase.

Indian was charged and did 2 years jail and had to reimburse the farang the cost of the stolen power, about 10 years.

Cops also insisted the Indian pay the cost of a qualified electrician going into the farang's house and totally re-wiring the house.

Why, during the investigation it was discovered that Indians living at the back of the farang's house were doing the same thing, had jumped the dividing wall between the back of the two houses and openly tapped into a power outlet for the washing machine at the back of the farang's house but the open wiring unseen, hidden behind a cupboard, with water regularly pouring over the wiring.  This Indian was also charged and punished. 

Many house owners in same village got the electrician to check their houses for any drain off. 

I'm actually "shocked" that no Indians were harmed during this story :) 

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The man explained that his mummy had not sent him any money

they must be talking about the 10 year old son here. no grown man would make a statement to the media that his mummy never sent the money. 

then i woke up and remembered where i am.

god i love my mom !

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

What !!!! They asked for understanding, that is priceless.

Just damned thieves, nothing less, stealing water, then asking for understanding.????????

It seems to be the Thai way for so many people here.

" I dont have any, so I,ll steal yours ".

Theft is theft, it doesnt have to be jewelry Etc.

Me, I would give them water. Point a high power spray at their doors 24 / 7, with a tap they cant turn off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not being clairvoyant, I think we have to say we do not know whether the excuses of having no money and no water are true or not. But if they are true, this is the real face of poverty.....and it is very unpleasant  God forbid it should happen to one of us on TV.

6 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

Sometimes im little bist off. In our village home , almost all neibors are relatives or atleast all know everybody! 

Seems thats not so bad thing afterall!

But why not ask water , its not so exbensive anyway. Think everybody is ok to give some if had bad times!

I think the "b" thingy goes the other way up:- "p".

No offeuce iuteuded!

8 hours ago, rooster59 said:

They admitted what they had done but asked for understanding. 

Everyone understands perfectly. They damaged the neighbours wall and repeatedly stole water from them. It's pretty desperate when they can't even afford water. I wonder who they steal electricity from.

My father-in-law once came home to find a total stranger using the garden hose to wash his (the stranger's) car.

Edited by Bangkok Barry

8 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Next door neighbors stealing water! They admit it and come out with a ton of excuses

How good is that ,They think that if they can come up with some stupid excuse that everything is OK 

How stupid are those People? 

Do they Really think that their Excuses will Excuse the Stealing  ?

Pigs might fly.  ????

9 minutes ago, digger70 said:

How good is that ,They think that if they can come up with some stupid excuse that everything is OK 

How stupid are those People? 

Do they Really think that their Excuses will Excuse the Stealing  ?

Pigs might fly.  ????

Surely that's how the court system works worldwide - the lawyer telling the better story wins the case.

Or have I forgotten to take my pills again to keep my cynicism under control?

19 hours ago, Heppinger said:

Seems like you have never been robbed or stolen from before. If you had, you'd understand that no matter how big or small the feeling of being stolen from is the same. No pity here and the culprit seems pretty damn fat for someone who is penniless. Maybe some day your turn will come and then you will understand.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, bluesofa said:

After a lot of questioning and asking his neighbours, it was discovered that during Songkran while he was away, the Thai male was using a hose to sell his water supply, filling up water trucks who were in turn selling it for people to throw at each other.

Would have taken a week just to fill up one water truck.

17 hours ago, scorecard said:

Reminds me of the case in my old village in Sth. Pattaya, townhouses with shared dividing walls. Indian family did some tricky reconnaissance of the next house to make notes of the exact positions of electric outlets in the dividing wall (2 levels) before the house was occupied.

Then back in their own house they carefully drilled through to get access to the outlets in the house next door, then carefully opened enough of the walls so that they could join their wires into the wall outlets of the house next door and instant free power.

Quite some years later the house paying for all the electricity was sold to a farang who quickly realized his monthly power bill was high and he asked several nearby neighbors what they paid monthly for electricity. All indicated about half of what he was paying.

Then someone noticed that the power poll just outside the house next door had a power meter, but no wires from the power meter into the house.

Farang got a Thai friend to call the power company and tell them the whole story.

Power company engineers arrived with a policeman, they demanded to talk to the Indian man who claimed that he had bought the house from someone, power bill never came so he assumed electricity was free.

Cops checked the ownership details at the land titles office and discovered the Indian man they had spoken to had bought the house new and had personally lived at the house from purchase.

Indian was charged and did 2 years jail and had to reimburse the farang the cost of the stolen power, about 10 years.

Cops also insisted the Indian pay the cost of a qualified electrician going into the farang's house and totally re-wiring the house.

Why, during the investigation it was discovered that Indians living at the back of the farang's house were doing the same thing, had jumped the dividing wall between the back of the two houses and openly tapped into a power outlet for the washing machine at the back of the farang's house but the open wiring unseen, hidden behind a cupboard, with water regularly pouring over the wiring.  This Indian was also charged and punished. 

Many house owners in same village got the electrician to check their houses for any drain off. 

I knew of a Thai family who wired up their electric to the neighbors meter blatant theft,

How can the authorities cut water water off totally, so how are toilets flushed? This is a danger for health reasons not only for the family concerned, but also the neighbourhood.

Yes, they did steal, but clean water is essential to life and health.

2 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

How can the authorities cut water water off totally, so how are toilets flushed? This is a danger for health reasons not only for the family concerned, but also the neighbourhood.

I dont think they care about that, I've seen them they just take the meter out same with the electric I think they give you 3 or 4 days to pay if not it's gone, we have a neighbor who rents out their house and the electric guys turned up to take out the meter that day the tenants where out and my wife called the owner who came round and paid the bill before they took away the meter if we had not been home it would have gone

42 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Totally agree, but (as I'm very sure you know well) the authorities don't think of the the points you raise and quite possibly because they have no knowledge about water and health. 

I just get the feeling Thai's think they can help themselves to anything especially where a farang is involved I've got Thai neighbours who think it's ok to use my bin never asked, it's only 480 baht per year for the orbortor to come twice a week to empty the best of it is they come out at night I see them on the camera,   

25 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

I just get the feeling Thai's think they can help themselves to anything especially where a farang is involved I've got Thai neighbours who think it's ok to use my bin never asked, it's only 480 baht per year for the orbortor to come twice a week to empty the best of it is they come out at night I see them on the camera,   

I would never suggest booby-trapping it with a small dye-pack or a load of smelly cheese, which would explode when the lid's opened.

• Haha 1