BANGKOK
rooster59

Expats in Thailand turning to the Elite Card to avoid visa hassles - Bloomberg

1 minute ago, ukrules said:

Try doing that when you're 40 years old and see how it turns out

Yes your right, I was referring to those over 50, and should have said so.

This is ironic. Elite card holders were rubbished when they couldn't get into the country whereas migrant workers could. Go figure.

• Haha 1

ELITE-class in stupidity 😋 More money than brains...

I feel more "elite" in my brand new benz than those people paying 500k to stay here...

8 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

seriously ?

it is because IMMIGRATION is making it impossible for a part of foreigners to live here a peaceful life with their family and thus pushing them into either scammer AGENTS in bed with corrupted immigration officers for a lot of money, or  this fake card elite scam that gives you not much for your money, as it is GONE after 5 years...

"I am quite Sure that most foreigners have no problem getting visas and living a peaceful life here. But I guess you're referring to "part of foreigners" as being those who do not qualify or have the financial requirements. A very tiny minority

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Oliver Holzerfilled said:

If you were a billionaire several times over you likely wouldn't be in Thailand anyway so the point is moot.

At that time 14 years ago I would, I had enough of Farang women and wanted to meet oriental women, but today I wouldn't.

Posted (edited)

If you have the funds and means to buy it then go ahead. Just don't rant on and on about your honorable reasons for wanting to stay here. Even when I was below the age for my retirement visa and extensions, I still played by the rules to stay here. Having money does not mean you just throw it wherever you want like the 2 week millionaires who come and go. Enjoy life. I sure as hell am and I won't be leaving any money on the table for the vultures....lol

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

Advertorial probably sponsored by the Thai government who are desperate and running out of money. 

There would not be more than a tiny number of expats that would waste money that way. 

I reckon more of a advert /  PR gimmick. There are certainly no mobs of expats busting down doors, running in a pack up to Immigration for this visa. Not much use for one right now. If you leave the country, your passport matters as much as your Visa. Might wait a year, until Thailand opens back up again, say in July of 2021  :whistling: to run an ad campaign. 

BTW I won't buy on principal one due to the association with the evil T Man.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, ronaldo0 said:

I thought you still need to do 90 day report even with elite visa ?

I believe that is the case but if you live in Bangkok, the TPCC will do it for you. (Or you can slum-it with us non-Elites and do it online.)