No new Covid-19 case

rooster59

No new Covid-19 case

By THE NATION

800_859ef147f495d00.jpg

There was no new Covid-19 case over a 24-hour period, the government’s Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) reported on Saturday (August 15).

It was the 82nd day without any domestic cases since May.

As of Saturday, the total number of confirmed cases in the country stood at 3,376 (439 in state quarantine) -- 125 are under treatment, 3,193 have recovered and been discharged, and there have been 58 deaths.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30393015

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-08-15

11 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

It was the 82nd day without any domestic cases since May

With the obvious exception of:

The Public Health Ministry has not yet confirmed whether it's true that a Thai man in Japan contracted Covid-19 while in Thailand, Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul said.

The above will eventually be swept under the carpet, or declared as "fake news", in order to save face for the experts declaring Thailand is Covid free.

Edited by Thaiwrath
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Also hoping expats will be wanting to buy the Elite visa to this magical wonderland of no Covid-19.

Given that it's been around for 17 years and only has 2,000 takers, a real success story it's not. 

A friend of mine who is looking at going the elite route just told me today that it looks like he won't be allowed in in 2020 even with going the elite visa.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Of course this is great news but I am perplexed and I hope someone here will be able to answer these two simple questions.

Does Thailand do random testing and are there testing stations for the public in Thailand. (I have not seen any.)

I would imagine if the answer to these questions is 'no' then the data that is being published is not factual and is just the usual face saving.

If the answers are 'yes' then......WELL DONE THAILAND!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Graemej100 said:

Of course this is great news but I am perplexed and I hope someone here will be able to answer these two simple questions.

Does Thailand do random testing and are there testing stations for the public in Thailand. (I have not seen any.)

I would imagine if the answer to these questions is 'no' then the data that is being published is not factual and is just the usual face saving.

If the answers are 'yes' then......WELL DONE THAILAND!

The Thai data comes from the Department for Disease Control. The UK data is from UK government Covid-19 site. The population difference of the 2 countries is approximately 5% and these are the 2 most relevant countries on this web site.

logoDDC.png

coronavirus-data-explorer.png

33 minutes ago, tso310 said:

The Thai data comes from the Department for Disease Control. The UK data is from UK government Covid-19 site. The population difference of the 2 countries is approximately 5% and these are the 2 most relevant countries on this web site.

logoDDC.png

coronavirus-data-explorer.png

Worth noting the scale there is logarithmic.

10 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Worth noting the scale there is logarithmic.

Correct and UK is total test performed not individual people. However the basic question is answered. How do you detect Covid-19 within the population. Certainly not by reducing the number of tests and how many of the tests have been performed at Suvarnabhumi and of people in ASQs and SQs ? With the Thai level of testing are you surprised that no new positives are being found in the community.