bloody pop ups

moose7117

why do we have to put up with these stupid pop up ads. 

do they generate revenue ?

is there a way you can disable them ?

this is getting to the stage where it is not worth the effort to read this forum.

if you guys need the money that bad, make us pay a small annual subscription fee.

just get rid of these stupid things.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i guess there must be revenue stream opportunities otherwise why have them? though it is a trade off against annoying users. i think it shows a lack of imagination as it's seen as an easy win and no thought of the negatives. thai web sites do use them a lot, i cant think of any non-thai web sites i use regularly that have them... they are annoying.

Impossible to use this app with constant pop ups causing complete instability. 

Use the app:

Thailand News in English. 

No pop ups, just choose if you want to look further. 

I'm afraid the Forum has no respect for the members. 

Cannot even unsubscribe! 

Now, that shows contempt! 

• 2 weeks later...

Popup and in-place ads here have really gotten out of control recently.  This series of pages really doesn't even touch the real extent of anger at the ads, probably the worst I have seen in any website.  While this has been the subject of MANY complaints, the admins of this site appear to be following their owners wishes to maximize income from foreigners in Thailand, likely to make up the income disappearing as advertisers abandon them.

But...  the new recent addition of multiple trackers is beyond comprehension.  So much so that I have had to install an array of anti-tracking add-ons.  Of course, I could just stop coming to TV, and if this continues, for many of us may be the only option left for us.

• Like 1

You cannot unsubscribe from this site. Even permanently banned members are still listed as using the site. So the numbers are highly inflated which can increase the cost to advertise.

I would be surprised if there were 100 active members here.

I use an add block and every time i open TV i get the page that says i have to wait for ten seconds

or unblock TV.

When i open TV i click it and then open a new page where i watch what ever i like and after that i will

look at TV.

There is something wrong if they blame you for not looking at the adds from their sponsors but they seem to forget that without us(the readers)there would be no TV.

i use just a selected scriptblock and an ad blocker the site runs normally without any add or spaces where adds were

without such i would never contemplate a visit 

No 10 seconds wait from site saying i am using anything 

PM me for prescription 

Edited by poohy
  • Like 1

What are these social media sites where some people post images and video clips just about everything under the sun, good and bad, funny and sad, uplifting and depressing, entertaining and cringeworthy, etc and make a lot of money from it? Here's a business opportunity for an enterprising person: do that about advertising on Internet forums.

The craziest thing I have seen so far on a forum – it may or may not have been ThaiVisa – was an ad covering another ad. What does the advertiser whose ad is being covered think about that, I was wondering.

• Like 1

As a long time lurker, I never had a problem with advertising on this site, normal for a forum of this genre and not obtrusive. However, I needed to post a query on a specific thread, so signed up with my Google browser which I had always used to access this site. Wow! Site became totally unusable with ads obscuring text and page functions and constant pop ups. Changed my browser to Brave and night became day, not enough ads now.

Note to Admin: "Less is more".

• Like 1

I am also driven crazy by these pop ups and the page seems to be moving up and down all the time ,

my solution is not to visit too often , not much point in moaning because Thai Visa is a good site for

information and problem solving .