Do i need to get my visa first or register for repatriation flight?

3 hours ago, unheard said:

Suspended?

Could you please elaborate?

What did they tell you?

On Aug. 2 I created my own document to upload in place of my air ticket confirmation.  I could then submit my COE application from the web pages collecting my information.  On Aug. 3 I got two e-mail responses.  The first said that I had completed 1/3 steps required to get COE.  The second one said:

No ATKT / ASQ no further action. 

Due to the new Standard of Procedures from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, in order to process your request, please upload the following document(s) using the link below (Please do NOT email us your documents)

• A: air ticket with proof of payment
  • B: confirmation of Alternative State Quarantine

Please check the new SOP at the Royal Thai Embassy's website https://thaiembdc.org/visas/

The link at the bottom of that e-mail takes me back to the COE application page where they request uploads of those documents.  So I can't proceed until I can somehow get an air ticket on a flight that isn't yet scheduled.

I've called the LA consulate and cannot connect to a knowledgeable person.  I leave my name and number for a call back.  I've never heard back from them.  E-mail queries elicit no helpful responses.

I guess I need a pinch of Thai pixie dust to get my COE application off the ground.

14 hours ago, Tuvoc said:

But exactly how doe you apply for the COE and the Visa at the same time ? (from the London embassy)

The website page "Visa : Requirements for Certificate of Entry during travel restriction" lists the documents you need to have in place. For my category of visa, two documents (passport copy + copy of letter giving permission to work) of these are to be uploaded using the e-visa system.  The others (insurance, ASQ booking and declaration) are to be given as hard copy when submitting passport.

so this is what i assume is meant by COE and visa at the same time.  The visa process is effectively followed, but enhanced with the covid items.

15 hours ago, Tuvoc said:

But exactly how doe you apply for the COE and the Visa at the same time ? (from the London embassy)

Step 1:

You e-mail the Embassy requesting to apply for the Certificate of Entry and that you wish to apply for a visa once you know which repatriation flight you will be allowed on.

With the e-mail applying for the Certificate of Entry you submit the following: 

1) Letter Reason to return (i.e. return to Wife / Family) and that you wish to apply for a Visa (i.e. SE Non-Imm O)

2) Marriage Certificate / Childs Birth Certificate

3) Copy of Wifes Passport / Childs Passport

4) Copy of Your Passport 

5) Certificate of Covid-19 Insurance (up to or over US$100,000)

6) Declaration Form (spouse of Thai or Parent of Thai)

7) Completed TM8 form

Step 2: 

Embassy e-mails you to confirm CoE approval and offers a seat on a repatriation flight/ 

You agree to the flight then:

1) Pay for the flight (receive flight e-ticket within a few days)

2) Book and Pay for ASQ and submit ASQ booking to Embassy.

Upon receipt of ASQ booking and confirmation of flight the Embassy will issue (by e-mail) your CoE.

Step 3: 

1) Apply for Visa online (MFA Website) - submit all documents as required for the visa (including flight ticket / ASQ booking etc)

Step 4: 

1) After Approval of Visa is notified book *appointment at Embassy (by e-mail) 

2) Travel to Thai Embassy have your Visa affixed in your passport 

Step 5: 

1) Less than 72 hrs before flight: Take a Covid-19 PCR test

2) Less than 72 hrs before flight get a fit to fly certificate 

Step 6: Airline Check in

1) Present ticket

2) Present Covid-19 Insurance

3) Present ASQ booking

4) Present Fit to Fly cert

5) Present Covid-19 Negative ert

6) Declaration Form

8 ) TM8 form

9) Certificate of Entry

7 hours ago, lanng khao said:

Is it true that there are only business class seats available as the economy seats are all taken?

That will vary according to flight / country / demand etc

From the UK there is a high demand for seats from Thai repatriatees who are given priority. Thus, the majority of not all economy class seats are taken up by Thai’s. 

There are apparently 50 seats per repatriation flight available for non-Thai. 

It seems that in most cases from country with a high repatriation demand business class seats are all that remain for non-Thais. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gamb00ler said:

On Aug. 2 I created my own document to upload in place of my air ticket confirmation.  I could then submit my COE application from the web pages collecting my information.  On Aug. 3 I got two e-mail responses.  The first said that I had completed 1/3 steps required to get COE.  The second one said:

No ATKT / ASQ no further action. 

Due to the new Standard of Procedures from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, in order to process your request, please upload the following document(s) using the link below (Please do NOT email us your documents)

• A: air ticket with proof of payment
  • B: confirmation of Alternative State Quarantine

That's the message everyone gets after submitting the initial application.

After uploading your bookings they'll check their validity and then will tell you to send in your passport.

They'll also issue the COE.

Edited by unheard

7 hours ago, gamb00ler said:

So I can't proceed until I can somehow get an air ticket on a flight that isn't yet scheduled.

That's right.

You have to wait for the September flight schedule to be announced.

You can not do anything else at the moment.

After release of the schedule you'll move on to making your bookings.

Edited by unheard

The Thai Embassy in DC and the LA Consulate now supply a new contact for booking an EVA air repatriation flight.  The new contact includes a US phone number.  I called and Ryan assisted me.  He said that he would send me a document that I can upload with my COE application that would satisfy the Thai Embassy/Consulates.

1 minute ago, gamb00ler said:

The Thai Embassy in DC and the LA Consulate now supply a new contact for booking an EVA air repatriation flight.  The new contact includes a US phone number.  I called and Ryan assisted me.  He said that he would send me a document that I can upload with my COE application that would satisfy the Thai Embassy/Consulates.

Are you talking about the initial online application requirement to produce a flight booking? And what is that phone number? THanks. 

3 hours ago, Tounge Thaied said:

Are you talking about the initial online application requirement to produce a flight booking? And what is that phone number? THanks. 

I'm referring to the initial online application that asks for photos, marriage license, air travel reservation, etc.

I found the new EVA contact info at https://thaiembdc.org/visas/

• Thanks 1

On 8/15/2020 at 5:43 PM, Wars said:

Sorry that is just wrong? If you need a flight use the ihanatours its listed on the embassy. They gave out a list of repatriation flights. Ihanatour gives you confirmation letter for the embassy and you don't have to pay upfront. 

So, yes you get the reservation with ihannatours, that reservation is used for the visa, the visa is used for the COE and once you have the COE, you go back and pay for your flight.  Paid for mine 5 days ago for the Aug 30th flight but still no ticket yet.  Will call Mon to find out what the hold up is, probably waiting to see if Thai citizens fill up economy where I will then have to probably pay for commercial to get back home to the family.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, DrPhibes said:

So, yes you get the reservation with ihannatours, that reservation is used for the visa, the visa is used for the COE and once you have the COE, you go back and pay for your flight.  Paid for mine 5 days ago for the Aug 30th flight but still no ticket yet.  Will call Mon to find out what the hold up is, probably waiting to see if Thai citizens fill up economy where I will then have to probably pay for commercial to get back home to the family.

Not 10min after posting, ticket showed up.  Going home...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Step 1:

You e-mail the Embassy requesting to apply for the Certificate of Entry and that you wish to apply for a visa once you know which repatriation flight you will be allowed on.

With the e-mail applying for the Certificate of Entry you submit the following: 

1) Letter Reason to return (i.e. return to Wife / Family) and that you wish to apply for a Visa (i.e. SE Non-Imm O)

2) Marriage Certificate / Childs Birth Certificate

3) Copy of Wifes Passport / Childs Passport

4) Copy of Your Passport 

5) Certificate of Covid-19 Insurance (up to or over US$100,000)

6) Declaration Form (spouse of Thai or Parent of Thai)

7) Completed TM8 form

Step 2: 

Embassy e-mails you to confirm CoE approval and offers a seat on a repatriation flight/ 

You agree to the flight then:

1) Pay for the flight (receive flight e-ticket within a few days)

2) Book and Pay for ASQ and submit ASQ booking to Embassy.

Upon receipt of ASQ booking and confirmation of flight the Embassy will issue (by e-mail) your CoE.

Step 3: 

1) Apply for Visa online (MFA Website) - submit all documents as required for the visa (including flight ticket / ASQ booking etc)

Step 4: 

1) After Approval of Visa is notified book *appointment at Embassy (by e-mail) 

2) Travel to Thai Embassy have your Visa affixed in your passport 

Step 5: 

1) Less than 72 hrs before flight: Take a Covid-19 PCR test

2) Less than 72 hrs before flight get a fit to fly certificate 

Step 6: Airline Check in

1) Present ticket

2) Present Covid-19 Insurance

3) Present ASQ booking

4) Present Fit to Fly cert

5) Present Covid-19 Negative ert

6) Declaration Form

8 ) TM8 form

9) Certificate of Entry

You are in Thailand so you know what you are talking about.

This just beggars belief, because the Thai embassy have told me to just go ahead and apply for a visa first. Then once i get it to register for flight.

This is horrendously confusing.

Are you suggesting i should do the visa ... wait i am totally lost.

2 hours ago, DrPhibes said:

Paid for mine 5 days ago for the Aug 30th flight but still no ticket yet.  Will call Mon to find out what the hold up is, probably waiting to see if Thai citizens fill up economy where I will then have to probably pay for commercial to get back home to the family.

Judging by their explanation of the process your ticket is a done deal after you completed the payment. It's the unpaid flight booking that could be reversed.

richard_smith237 , thank you for the very detailed response.  I wonder how long those sorts of procedures will be in place. It is possible to travel for sure but subsequent posts suggest as a farang you'll be paying business class rates as the Thais will have already had priority for the economy seats.  I think I'm going to wait until early 2021, but actually chances are nothing will have changed.

Edited by Tuvoc