Late 90-day notification.

I am confused about requirements. My 90 day visa expired on 31 March, I thought 90-day reporting was put on hold until the end of July. Because immigration did not know my new address, on 10 July I completed a 90-day form and mailed it, with supporting documentation, to Immigration. Today, I received a letter saying that my 90-day application is late and I have to attend Lak Si in person. What is the story here?

You are not the first one that has had happen. They want you to appear in person to do it. T

here will be no fine for being late and the ministerial notice states the are not required until after September 26th.

Not sure why when the immigration notification states you can do it by mail.

"(2) Aliens whose residency report is due on 26 March 2020 onwards and has not reported
within prescribed period, may report their residency in person or by assigning a person or via
registered mail or electronic means from 1 August 2020 to 31 August 2020
;
The report of residency shall cover the total unreported period. The 90 days is started from
the date when alien making residency report."

You will do the report at the temporary office in Muang Thong Thani. CW is not doing them now.

UbonJoe, what is going on here. You have a guy saying that he got a 90 day VISA, and then asking about and telling us that he filled in a 90 day reporting-form????

I thought that only O-A and extension of stays should report 90 day......????? It seems to be a blurr here, or do I misunderstand the OP completely??

glegolo

20 minutes ago, glegolo said:

UbonJoe, what is going on here. You have a guy saying that he got a 90 day VISA, and then asking about and telling us that he filled in a 90 day reporting-form????

I did not pay much attention to what he wrote about a 90 day visa or whatever.

I just commented about his mailed in 90 day report being denied.

Normally he would not be able to stay long enough to do a 90 day report. But immigration can still expect people to do them it they stay longer than 90 days. I said that the report was not required until after September 26th.

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I did not pay much attention to what he wrote about a 90 day visa or whatever.

I just commented about his mailed in 90 day report being denied.

Normally he would not be able to stay long enough to do a 90 day report. But immigration can still expect people to do them it they stay longer than 90 days. I said that the report was not required until after September 26th.

So he shall make 90 day reports on a non immigrant O single entry you mean?? That is what I was wondering about... it seems to be confusion from his side... I thought THAT was not an option. Only O-A and extensions are included when making 90 day reports.....

But if I got that wrong, feel free to correct me plse...

glegolo

16 minutes ago, glegolo said:

Any entry or extension of stay that allows you to stay longer than 90 consecutive days requires a 90 day report.

A person getting 90 day extensions each time has to do 90 day report unless they leave and re-enter the country.

The only time a 90 day report is not due is if a 90 day entry is extended since the first extension is considered as doing a 90 day report.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, glegolo said:

UbonJoe, the guy came in on a VISA, that is what I said all the time. Coming in like he have done on a Non O does that really demands a 90 day report???

Normally not since they cannot stay longer than 90 days without getting an extension.

But when on the "automatic extension" under the "amnesty it has been possible and immigration can ask for them. I think that is why they included 90 day reporting in the exemption. People that entered visa exempt and on tourist visas have stayed longer than 90 days.

8 hours ago, OzMan said:

Is there an SCB bank at Muang Thong Thani to update my bank book before visiting Immigration?

You do not need your bank book updated to do a 90 day report. That is only needed to apply for a one year extension of stay and that is still done at CW.

I still not sure what you have. Do you have a non-o visa the requires you to leave every 90 days or one year extension of stay based upon retirement that only requires you do 90 day reports and apply for a new extension when it expires.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You do not need your bank book updated to do a 90 day report. That is only needed to apply for a one year extension of stay and that is still done at CW.

I still not sure what you have. Do you have a non-o visa the requires you to leave every 90 days or one year extension of stay based upon retirement that only requires you do 90 day reports and apply for a new extension when it expires.

Thanks Ubonjoe.

I have a Retirement "O" visa that needs to be renewed next year. I just need to do the 90-day report. This is done at Muang Thong Thani?

8 minutes ago, OzMan said:

I have a Retirement "O" visa that needs to be renewed next year. I just need to do the 90-day report. This is done at Muang Thong Thani?

It seems you have a extension of stay based upon retirement not a valid non-o visa. 

It has to be done at Muang Thong Thani.

About 10 days ago noticed I had the notification slip in my passport and that I should have made my 90 day report 10 days earlier, so was late.

Rushed off to Muang Thong Thani and made the 90 day report. 

The 90 day report was quite quick but they put a small stamp in red and a notation in my new passport stating due to covid. I think they do this as recording that the 2000 baht fine has been waived due to covid/amnesty but it is still a record in my passport as having been late for the 90 day report.

Edited by userabcd

2 minutes ago, userabcd said:

The 90 day report was quite quick but they put a small stamp in red and a notation in my new passport stating due to covid. I think they do this as recording that the 2000 baht fine has been waived due to covid/amnesty but is still a record in my passport as having been late for the 90 day report. 

I had skipped a report in April and one that would of been due in July. Went to immigration, handed the officer my passport with the slip for April in it. New report slip with report date in November done with no questions asked or stamp in my passport.

You cannot be late for a report that was not required under the ministerial notice approved on April 7 that has been extended twice. It seems that immigration in Bangkok are going way over the top.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I was asked last time bank book and  my 3rd 90 day report and as usual had my dear Thai wife with me and ok next time then.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jwest10 said:

I was asked last time bank book and  my 3rd 90 day report and as usual had my dear Thai wife with me and ok next time then.

I am sure that was not at immigration in Bangkok. They do not ask for that proof.

Not trying to hi-jack the tread...just don't want to start a new one for 1 question.

My yearly extension (retirement visa) runs out late September----I can imagine the crowds that will be in the I.O. then---- how much in advance can a person apply for their next yearly extension?

3 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Not trying to hi-jack the tread...just don't want to start a new one for 1 question.

My yearly extension (retirement visa) runs out late September----I can imagine the crowds that will be in the I.O. then---- how much in advance can a person apply for their next yearly extension?

dEPENDS WHICH IS YOUR OFFICE AND BELIEVE 30 DAYS BUT CHECK OK

On 8/15/2020 at 7:12 PM, glegolo said:

So he shall make 90 day reports on a non immigrant O single entry you mean?? That is what I was wondering about... it seems to be confusion from his side... I thought THAT was not an option. Only O-A and extensions are included when making 90 day reports.....

glegolo

If you stay longer than 90 days in Thailand, you have to do a 90 day report. It's just that simple. It doesn't matter what visa you use to enter or what extension you are on. If you're here for more than 90 days, you need to do a 90 day report. Period.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Myran said:

If you stay longer than 90 days in Thailand, you have to do a 90 day report. It's just that simple. It doesn't matter what visa you use to enter or what extension you are on. If you're here for more than 90 days, you need to do a 90 day report. Period.

Unless there is an amnesty currently in place

37 minutes ago, Myran said:

Thank you, new day new learning.

glegolo

52 minutes ago, Myran said:

The amnesty doesn't remove the need for 90 day reports, it just allows us to do it at a later date.

That doesnt make sense, are you saying after the amnesty ends, we need to go and do all the 90 day reports we missed during the amnesty ?

Edited by Peterw42

1 hour ago, Myran said:

Can't see that is correct. For all those currently in Thailand and entered of tourist visas etc, when (if) they leave before Sept 31 they do not need to do a 90 day report.

Clearly stated in gazette 90 reports not required during amnesty.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Can't see that is correct. For all those currently in Thailand and entered of tourist visas etc, when (if) they leave before Sept 31 they do not need to do a 90 day report.

Clearly stated in gazette 90 reports not required during amnesty.

Please look at what I'm quoting. It was in response to the belief that 90 day reports are somehow connected to your visa or extension, which they are not. They are connected to how long you're staying in Thailand without exiting, regardless of what visa or extension you have.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

That doesnt make sense, are you saying after the amnesty ends, we need to go and do all the 90 day reports we missed during the amnesty ?

Depends on how you look at it, I guess. The way I see it, we have been given leeway to do our current, outstanding 90 day report during the month of August and then, supposedly, do our next one 90 days after that. If they had said that we don't have to do any 90 day reporting during the amnesty and that everyone then had to do a report 90 days after the amnesty has ended, I would agree with you, but that isn't the case.