Late 90-day notification.

40 minutes ago, Myran said:

Depends on how you look at it, I guess. The way I see it, we have been given leeway to do our current, outstanding 90 day report during the month of August and then, supposedly, do our next one 90 days after that. If they had said that we don't have to do any 90 day reporting during the amnesty and that everyone then had to do a report 90 days after the amnesty has ended, I would agree with you, but that isn't the case.

Your very confused. 

Your stating earlier that anyone staying in Thailand longer than 90 days must summit 90 day report. 

All the guys here on ME marriage or tourist entry or visa exempt etc will not be doing a 90 day report at any stage.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Your very confused. 

Your stating earlier that anyone staying in Thailand longer than 90 days must summit 90 day report. 

All the guys here on ME marriage or tourist entry or visa exempt etc will not be doing a 90 day report at any stage.

You're the one who is confused, but I'll write it again since you clearly didn't get it, despite me spelling it out two times: the point is that a 90 day report is tied to how long you're staying in the country without exiting (hence the name "90 day report), not to a specific visa or extension.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Myran said:

You're the one who is confused, but I'll write it again since you clearly didn't get it, despite me spelling it out two times: the point is that a 90 day report is tied to how long you're staying in the country without exiting (hence the name "90 day report), not to a specific visa or extension.

90 day report is tied to what type of visa or perhaps visa exempt entry you have. 

Please explain how someone entered on say visa exempt and has been here over 90 days needs to make a report at any stage. Even if obtains 30 day extension after Sept 26. They are covered by amnesty.

I'm done this is foolish 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

90 day report is tied to what type of visa or perhaps visa exempt entry you have. 

Please explain how someone entered on say visa exempt and has been here over 90 days needs to make a report at any stage. Even if obtains 30 day extension after Sept 26. They are covered by amnesty.

I'm done this is foolish 

Alright, please link to the relevant law text or police order that mentions the specific visas and extensions tied to the 90 day report, because I've never seen it defined as anything else other than "Notification of foreigner staying more than 90 days in the Kingdom of Thailand".

That there is no current way to stay over 90 days on a visa exempt or similar is beside the point – the question was what visas or extensions it's TIED to, to which the answer is none. It is only tied to whether or not you spend more than 90 days in Thailand, regardless of what extension you're on.

Feel free to call out ubonjoe on being wrong as well, since he's saying the exact same thing as me in his responses:

Just ask yourself this: Would they have to change the regulation concerning 90 day reports if they decided to issue a new type of 1 year extension? Of course not, because it already says what it needs to: that you have to report your address if you stay in the country for more than 90 days. Of course Thailand is what it is, and in most cases there's not really any need to to the report if you're planning on leaving before your next extension anyway.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Myran said:

Feel free to call out ubonjoe on being wrong as well, since he's saying the exact same thing as me in his responses:

I have been saying that 90 day reports are not required since they cannot normally stay more than 90 days.

I have stated that they are not required until after September 26th. Also I am sure that immigration doe not expect those that do not normally do 90 day reports to do the ones they have not done now.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I have been saying that 90 day reports are not required since they cannot normally stay more than 90 days.

I have stated that they are not required until after September 26th. Also I am sure that immigration doe not expect those that do not normally do 90 day reports to do the ones they have not done now.

This is what you wrote:

"Normally not since they cannot stay longer than 90 days without getting an extension.

But when on the 'automatic extension' under the "amnesty it has been possible and immigration can ask for them."

In other words: it's an entry he normally couldn't stay more than 90 days on, but since he has now been able to stay more than 90 days on it, immigration can ask him to do a 90 day report after the amnesty.

Not that it really matters. 90 day reports are for people staying longer than 90 days in Thailand. Like I said, if they started to issue a new 1 year extension tomorrow, would they have to change anything about the 90 day report regulations to accommodate it? Of course not, it's already clear and all-encompassing.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I'm done this is foolish 

Just to put the final nail in this coffin and prove without any reasonable doubt that I'm right, just read Section 37 (5) of the Thai Immigration Act B.E. 2522.

"An alien who is permitted to stay in the Kingdom temporarily shall do the following —

Staying in the Kingdom longer than ninety days, an alien shall notify the competent official at the Immigration Division, of his or her residence, in writing, without delay, upon the completion of a ninety day period. This shall be repeated at every ninety day interval."

Notice the complete lack of mention of any type of visa or extension. It simply says that if you spend more than 90 days in Thailand, you should do a 90 day report, regardless of your extension or visa.

Does that mean that immigration offices all over Thailand will demand that people who stayed here for more than 90 days only thanks to the amnesty make 90 day reports? Of course not, though it is certainly possible that they will ask for it in some places if the person is trying to make a new extension without exiting. But that was never my point, as you would have known if you hade actually bothered to read the initial question that was asked.