Constipated?

bkk6060

Nothing more uncomfortable then being stuffed up.  As I get older, a good BM can be one of the highlights of my day.

My diet is pretty good but having some issues from time to time with constipation and needed a little help.  So, bought a box of this Donutt fiber.  The box and their website say it contains all natural ingredients including 2500 ml of Psyillium fiber.

Anyway,  2 days ago in the evening I gulped down a packet with a large glass of water. Woke up at my normal 6 am and about 15 minutes later wow, cleaned me out big time probably lost over 1 kilo.

I ate a lot that day so tried it again.  Same results an early morning total bowel evacuation!  Cleaned me out so good I was starving 30 minutes after.

Anyway, I prefer Metamucil but this stuff works great I thought.

15974969113968032473534369799302.jpg

Edited by bkk6060

Been using it for about three years, eventually it will have less effect. Lactulose sold as Hepalac here is another good remedy. Drinking a lot of water is something you need to do. Some days I have all bran, prunes, prune juice, fruit and veg and still get stuffed up

I always have 'Hotta Plus' Ginger tea with 4,000 mg of of fiber available for times like this. It works a treat. You can buy it from Big C and also is available from Lazada.

A step up from that is Fybogel, available in pharmacies, but I don't often have to resort to that 'big gun'.

11 hours ago, TooBigToFit said:

BKK6060, how much was your Donutt fiber?

About 70 baht for 3 at 7/11 box of 10 can be had for 199 on offer at pharmacies. It must be noted you can actually take too much physilium which will block you up more, which is why I prefer these measured doses. Friend in the UK did this and had to get suppositories to make her go.

When all else fails you can buy 10 baht enemas at 7/11, stick that solution up there and 2 minutes latter it works.

Edited by Orton Rd

49 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

About 70 baht for 3 at 7/11 box of 10 can be had for 199 on offer at pharmacies. It must be noted you can actually take too much physilium which will block you up more, which is why I prefer these measured doses. Friend in the UK did this and had to get suppositories to make her go.

When all else fails you can buy 10 baht enemas at 7/11, stick that solution up there and 2 minutes latter it works.

Yes, Normally 199 it was on sale box of 10 for 109 b at a pharmacy in Hua Hin.

The problem I have found with enemas although quicker, it seems to only excrete a minimal amount probably only affecting the lower bowel.  No Doctor so not sure but the mouth consumption seems to result in a better cleaning.

Edited by bkk6060

Yes enema only for emergency evacuation! My Mrs bought a box similar to donut off facebook for me because it had 'detox' on it, thought they would be better but just the same stuff really. Paid 700 baht for 10! Love a good dump at the moment- better than sex these days

Edited by Orton Rd
  • Like 1

Depends on diet, oatmeal or porridge, with nuts raisins, and fruit. Lots of fruit here in thailand. Oats are good for fiber themselves but add dragon fruit, mangoes, toss in bananas and you have a lot of fiber. If you like oats, etc for breakfast, there you go, just part of the morning ritual.

Can dragon fruit make you poop? 5) Healthy gut:

High in fiber, which helps in maintaining blood pressure and weight. Packed with prebiotics to promote a healthy gut. Prebiotics enhance digestion and your immune system to lower your risk of intestinal infections and to keep you more regular. Good for your daily poops, too!Mar 2, 2020

A pilot study from Texas A&M University revealed that consuming mangoes is more helpful in relieving constipation than taking an equivalent amount of fiber powder.

Edited by LomSak27
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

get down to our village Pad Thai outlet, that will surely cure you. 

I was thinking much the same. 

Having "accidentally" eaten some of Madam's "only for Thai's" somtam I have the perfect cure of the occasional blockage.

I do tend to go from stopped up to normal to rocket-propelled and back again rather more rapidly than I'd like, doc says it's "just the food".

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Crossy said:

I was thinking much the same. 

Having "accidentally" eaten some of Madam's "only for Thai's" somtam I have the perfect cure of the occasional blockage.

I do tend to go from stopped up to normal to rocket-propelled and back again rather more rapidly than I'd like, doc says it's "just the food".

Agreed.  My post was certainly not made just for a laugh, I find Thai street food the best laxative around. 

Edited by Pilotman

There is always an alternative therapy approach, you could try using part of the seed pods from Thailands National Tree that may have the nickname the chandelier flower tree.
Its out of season now but perhaps you could tr next year if you are still having gastric issues.
Take seed pods that rattle, crack them open remove the meat from around the small yellowish to brown seeds.   Clump together a small handful of the meat soak in hot water and when cool drink the fluid.  On the second day you should be ready to go, if not quite there yet take a second drink and let "nature" do the work for you.

800px-Golden_shower_full_bloom_(640_x_480).jpg

800px-Golden_Shower_Seeds_(640_x_480).jpg

1920px-Cassia_fistula_MHNT.BOT.2007.26.54_(640_x_480).jpg

100314sn_(640_x_480).jpg

g-showr5_(640_x_480) (2).jpg