Experiences providing covid test results at airport.

On 8/16/2020 at 8:36 AM, farmerjo said:

I flew in from the Philippines yesterday.

I think as long as result is within 72 hours its ok.

A lady at my hotel was that,result 72 hours before.When we got to hotel she was ordered to have another test at her expense 6000 baht.

I paid a lot for my test to be done within 48 hours and did not require the extra test.

6000 baht for a Covid test ? That's expensive! I heard we need two test?

8 minutes ago, EricTh said:

6000 baht for a Covid test ? That's expensive! I heard we need two test?

The standard tests are usually included in the Alternate State Quarantine package, though the test on arrival (if required) is often charged extra.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2020 at 4:18 AM, canuckamuck said:

The form I have labeled "medical certificate for general passenger" specifically states covid-19 and nothing else is mentioned.

Have you seen different form, I downloaded this one from the consulate website?

I was given following wording from Embassy where I was and informed that there was no standard wording.

I arrived at Don Mueang on the first flight to receive non Thai citizens. Lady checking my documents questioned the wording at the top, I explained the source of the wording and her colleague/superior immeditely said that it was OK. Took less than 5 minutes for documents to be checked and go through Immigration.

"Air Fitness Certificate.

This is to certify that Mr./Ms./Mrs. ..., .. yrs, male/female, Passport No. ...., has undergone a clinical check-up on ...date.... He/She is clinically screened for symptom and found no sneezing, running nose, cough, sore throat, high, grade fever, nor breathing difficulty. No history of travel to another country during his/her stay in India. Clinically, he/she is fit to fly back to his/her country of residence.

Certified that she/he is clinically fit to travel by air.

Medical Officer’s Signature: ………………………………
Name …………………………………………………........
Registration Number: ………………………………………"

• Like 1

On 8/21/2020 at 8:07 AM, rimmae2 said:

I was given following wording from Embassy where I was and informed that there was no standard wording.

I arrived at Don Mueang on the first flight to receive non Thai citizens. Lady checking my documents questioned the wording at the top, I explained the source of the wording and her colleague/superior immeditely said that it was OK. Took less than 5 minutes for documents to be checked and go through Immigration.

"Air Fitness Certificate.

This is to certify that Mr./Ms./Mrs. ..., .. yrs, male/female, Passport No. ...., has undergone a clinical check-up on ...date.... He/She is clinically screened for symptom and found no sneezing, running nose, cough, sore throat, high, grade fever, nor breathing difficulty. No history of travel to another country during his/her stay in India. Clinically, he/she is fit to fly back to his/her country of residence.

Certified that she/he is clinically fit to travel by air.

Medical Officer’s Signature: ………………………………
Name …………………………………………………........
Registration Number: ………………………………………"

The form I used, which was originally posted on the consulate website, actually caused me some trouble because it did not specifically say fit to fly on it. They let it go however.

The other problem I ran into was the printout for my covid test result did not specify the particular type of covid test used, although that info is in my record online. They let that go too, but I may have a problem in Bangkok when I get there. I will get there in 15 hours.

• Like 1