Jump to content

Experiences providing covid test results at airport.


Recommended Posts

I’m in a different situation. I’m flying from Bangkok TO Shanghai. I was given a list of the ONLY hospitals/clinics/labs in the Central Thailand area they’ll accept (actually quite extensive). Luckily I can go to Bangkok Pattaya Hospital, which is good because I’ve been hunkered down in Jomtien since February, and didn’t want to go Bangkok for the test, I’m fine and safe where I am. China wants the test done within 120 hours before the flight, because the Embassy needs to give the document that I’ll need to get on the plane, hence the time extension. They will probably look VERY closely at all the time stamps.

Edited by natsume
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am hoping to hear from people who have experienced providing covid tests results at the airport. My problem is the 72-hour window.  My two choices are to show up at the airport with a test resu

My covid 19 test had the collected time and the lab result time. The Korean air staff at JFK didn't check deeply into it they just looked at the "not detected" I didn't really see them count out the d

I don't understand the problem, you have stated you have the option to get a test that is 50 something hours old, well within the 72 hours timeframe that the Thai government wants, so what exactly is

Posted Images

6 hours ago, CanadaSam said:

I don't understand the problem, you have stated you have the option to get a test that is 50 something hours old, well within the 72 hours timeframe that the Thai government wants, so what exactly is your problem?

Because I already had a test to get the fit to fly, and that one took 66 hours to see the result.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

Because I already had a test to get the fit to fly, and that one took 66 hours to see the result.

The fit-to-fly doesn't require the Covid test.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

Because I already had a test to get the fit to fly, and that one took 66 hours to see the result.

You did the fit-to-fly in advance? That’s also required to be within 72h of departure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Willy333 said:

You did the fit-to-fly in advance? That’s also required to be within 72h of departure.

Thank you for catching that, I guess I will need to get another filled out, When I get the next covid test.

Another 30 bucks out the window.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, unheard said:

The fit-to-fly doesn't require the Covid test.

The form I have labeled "medical certificate for general passenger" specifically states covid-19 and nothing else is mentioned.

Have you seen different form, I downloaded this one from the consulate website?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

The form I have labeled "medical certificate for general passenger" specifically states covid-19 and nothing else is mentioned.

Have you seen different form, I downloaded this one from the consulate website?

I've seen that form.

But you don't have to use that specific one.

Here's the one you can use that doesn't mention covid:

sample-health-cert-air-travel.pdf

Link to post
Share on other sites

There will be a separate website for dealing with repats.

For example i tried using the email address provided on embassy website and was getting nowhere.

Wasnt till i rang the consular part and they put me through to the visa section then all of a sudden the new email address they have worked.

Philippines was [email protected]

 

Sorry wrong thread.

Edited by farmerjo
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, unheard said:

I've seen that form.

But you don't have to use that specific one.

Here's the one you can use that doesn't mention covid:

sample-health-cert-air-travel.pdf 58.81 kB · 7 downloads

I am just trying to go by the book, the one I got it is the one from the Consulate.

 

I see the advantage of this one not mentioning Covid, so you don't have to wait for a covid result before getting it signed. But what if they are looking for the specific form they had on their site?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...