Protestant Schools

Neeranam

Mate I am a Scottish protestant Rangers supporter and my daughter attends a catholic school because it is the best school in the area.

I would worry less about faith and more in quality if I were you.

No offense intended. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, petedk said:

I just searched my good friend Google for "protestant schools bangkok"  and found four possibilities. 

I didn't bother to read what exactly they were. You can do that.

If I'd wanted to do that I would have. I want some interaction, but thanks for your concern.

22 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Mate I am a Scottish protestant Rangers supporter and my daughter attends a catholic school because it is the best school in the area.

I would worry less about faith and more in quality if I were you.

No offense intended. 

Yeah, me too pal. My kids went to Catholic schools, my grandparents would be turning in their graves! Actually, never told my gran as she was pretty annoyed when my sister married a Catholic. There actually was little Christianity taught and my kids have chosen to be Buddhists.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Neeranam said:

If I'd wanted to do that I would have. I want some interaction, but thanks for your concern.

Ok. I understand now, but I couldn't see that in your original post.

My friend used to teach at a protestant school in Ramkhamhaeng (and he is a muslim). Other than The Lords Prayer every morning there wasn't much religious activity.

21 hours ago, pineapple01 said:

I sent mine to Church of Assumption School, there were a few different nationalities present and can say there was no influences or pressure exerted towards the Catholic Faith. A Credit to them. 

I used to teach at Assumption Convent School and officially we were supposed to give 10 minutes of teaching "morals" before every class. I seem to remember thee was a little religious service every morning before class where the girls had to stand still in the hot sun for about 30 minutes.

The nuns were incredibly strict but the students received an excellent education, with many of them going on to study at top universities in Bangkok and some went to study abroad.

7 hours ago, petedk said:

I used to teach at Assumption Convent School and officially we were supposed to give 10 minutes of teaching "morals" before every class. I seem to remember thee was a little religious service every morning before class where the girls had to stand still in the hot sun for about 30 minutes.

The nuns were incredibly strict but the students received an excellent education, with many of them going on to study at top universities in Bangkok and some went to study abroad.

I should haven given the correct title, Church of Assumption College in Ubon Rat. Their Marching Band was their Pride and Joy. I am going back 20 Years admittedly, but can assure you any Religious Mind Bending and mine would have been removed post haste..No nothing about Girls treatment, but if you saw it so be it.

On 8/17/2020 at 10:48 AM, allane said:

The OP has asked about Protestant schools.  the Assumption Schools are all Catholic. 

I worked at their 'sister' school St Joseph's Convent. Thaksin's daughter went there at the time! It used to be one of the better schools in town, if not the best, in 1890. 

On 8/16/2020 at 2:28 PM, Neeranam said:

Yeah, me too pal. My kids went to Catholic schools, my grandparents would be turning in their graves! Actually, never told my gran as she was pretty annoyed when my sister married a Catholic. There actually was little Christianity taught and my kids have chosen to be Buddhists.

I can't help but wonder if you and your mate remember what the word Protestant means. And no it's not about a protest. 

• Confused 1

On 8/21/2020 at 7:19 PM, rott said:

I can't help but wonder if you and your mate remember what the word Protestant means. And no it's not about a protest. 

I know what it means, despite not being one. What makes you wonder this?

• 7 months later...

Bangkok Christian Intl 

Bangkok Christian College

Thai Christian School

Wattana Wittayalai

Bangkok Grace

Ekamai International

St. Mark's International

St Andrew's International

Not in any particular order.