Mailing to Japan

DogNo1

I'm not sure that this is the correct forum for this question but does anyone have recent experience sending mail to Japan?  I asked my hotel to mail a 10 X 13 inch envelope containing three sheets of labels weighing about four ounces to Japan.  They said that Thai Post won't accept mail to Japan and that the only option was DHL which will charge 915 Baht.  I haven't talked to DHL personally but that seems terribly expensive.  Can anyone recommend a cheaper method?  The labels could certainly be put into an envelope half that size.

seems extremely easy to me; Go to PO all by yourself and ASK. There will be someone who speaks/understands enough of the angkrit to help you out. There MAY be at the mo restrictions either due to corona or to max. weight/size. BTW: noone around here used these things like ounces etc-its all in the grams, by the 100. Perhaps the site of ThaiPost may even already have the answer.

In general there are no more old-fashioned things like stamps you glue on: when they accept it, they put on the label with the amount due and look after it they cancel immediately. There may be the extra option for inscribed mail, for a little more certainty-in the end you get a receipt that receiver has accepted. But dk how that works for Japan.

Thanks for your advice.  I looked up the prices on DHL and Thai Post and 915 is correct for DHL. Thai Post is not accepting parcels for Japan at the moment.  The envelope was mailed successfully two days ago????