Buster's Fish & Chip Shop near Sukhumvit 33/1

blackcab

Coming from a fishing (trawling) family ive never understood the preference for cod. It does have more flavour than haddock but that flavour comes from the s@#t they eat

Pigeons of the sea my old man called them and we all know pigeons are just feathered rats haha

• Haha 1

On 8/22/2020 at 1:41 PM, tomazbodner said:
On 8/22/2020 at 12:58 PM, Hi Tea said:

There is no alcohol in beer batter unless you're eating it raw!

Doesn't matter.

It sure seemed to matter to you when you made the comment that I responded to...

"Just wondering though - does the batter have to include beer? Goujons is breaded... so maybe that's an alcohol-free alternative..."

31 minutes ago, Hi Tea said:

It sure seemed to matter to you when you made the comment that I responded to...

"Just wondering though - does the batter have to include beer? Goujons is breaded... so maybe that's an alcohol-free alternative..."

Misunderstood. It doesn't matter if alcohol is gone. Just prefer to find option that doesn't have that stinky bitter sewage in it.

well i gave this place a try and have to say i was pretty impressed. It is very clean and looks to have been thoughtfully done out, staff helpful and pleasant.

fish was tasty and not too much batter which is  my preference anyway. I know what people mean about the portions but for me ,and a hungry (post football training)  teenage son , the  cod and chips portions i ordered were  more than adequate.

If i had a criticism, it would be that the chips, as served, had been seriously over dosed with salt; maybe they should leave for customers to do themselves! The mushy peas were also pretty average, garden peas or beans maybe a better option. 

I dont know where the owner is from, but i would guess London or the South, from the style of the food and the look of the place. It has the feel of one of the more upmarket chip shops that are springing up around London these days. (despite the fried mars bars on the menu). Also the poor quality mushy peas suggests London rather than the North to me! 

some may disagree, but i have no issue with the price as long as the quality holds up. 

A good find, thanks again to the OP.

Edited by wordchild
  • Like 2

On 8/26/2020 at 10:00 AM, AlfHuy said:

I walked along on Saturday evening. All pubs close by were almost empty.

This shop was packed.

You must have forgotten your specs as I was in the RH on Saturday evening and it was busy. Maybe not pre covid tourist busy, but definitely plenty of people. The old Dubliner next door is always fairly busy.