I flew out of Thailand to get a new visa – one person’s experience with the “new normal” - Report

webfact

How can you get health insurance that covers COVID 19? In Australia as far as I am aware there is no such insurance ! They also exclude pandemics , does anyone know of any companies that offer the required insurance ?

many thanks 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Vee DeMarche said:

Thank you Theo,

One can only shake one's head... if the virus doesn't kill us, the authorities will. Thanks for the excellent recount of your "adventure" in "New Normal" travel to Thailand. I spent 25 years in Thailand -Ohhh the good old days!  ...and now I'm sitting here in the USA waiting to get back after a long 8 year break. Seems I've got a bit more waiting to do.

Good luck with your family and future business prospects -you did well maneuvering through the maze!

V

Imagination is more important than knowledge... Einstein

• Like 2

Good job  But unfortunately expensive for you.  Questions that have been asked.  Why leave Thailand,,,Because the Immigration Dept. is requireing changes to Visa's be done Out Of The Country (so I have been told, (perferably in applicators home country.)  Why both Marriage Certificate and Childrens Birth Certificate.  The fact you have both can alleviate further problems. (Divorce or Wife dies but not children,  children die but not wife.)  Having both document forms pretty much insures fewer problems when applying and renewing the following year.

Edited by american2
misspelling
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, darrenr said:

How can you get health insurance that covers COVID 19? In Australia as far as I am aware there is no such insurance ! They also exclude pandemics , does anyone know of any companies that offer the required insurance ?

many thanks 

Yes there are a few.  Luma Thailand  Pass is one in Thailand.  Three plans. Each has the coverage but has other items.   Plan 1, 360 days 15,000 bht if you are 75 <.  I have NO connection with them other than purchasing a policy last Friday to repatriate with my Thai wife from USA to Thailand (assuming I can find a darn Covid-19 test/results in < 72 hours).  

There are others.  If you are on Facebook than follow Alternative State Quarantine. It has named others. It is the only reason I am on that Social Media

Edited by jgm005
  • Like 2

Just a note if anyone needs update on the latest visa info call 1178 they talk great English and they have all the info and they are very polite it is the bureau of imagination at Bangkok. They have helped me every time local imagination seems to be playing games, cut out the middle man and get the direct info.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, darrenr said:

many thanks 

While I'm no expert on it I believe it's insurance from a THAI company. Must be possible as it's now a requirement for an O A visa, or so I believe.