Phuket Extension of retirement Visa, 800k copies

BangkokBoyJohnny

So do I need just to copy JUST the last 2 months of my bank book ? Anyone been asked to copy a full 12 months recently ?

Heading to Phuket Immigration tomorrow.

This text below is from Phuket Volunteers website but just wanna double/treble check !

Cheers Cliffy

Signed and stamped bank letter AND Signed and stamped bank statement showing the required money and duration before application date. (Max 7 days old)
Copy updated Thai bank book name page and last 2 months transactions.
Please make sure that all papers have the same balance mentioned

I copy the whole book. No biggy as I use this account to ring-fence the cash and have very little other activity on it. I took the other account book just in case but they weren't bothered about it

They did take a bit longer than normal scrutinising it last month- seems they are making sure people are complying with the 800k and 400k rules.

I am confused when you say your first extension- If you have a retirement permit already and you are renewing it it is three months, not 2 for the money in the bank.

Its only the first retirement permit that is two months cash in the bank, which enabled people to set up bank accounts and have cash in them long enough to meet the criteria. 

Actually I meant to say it's NOT my first extension, it was actually about my 6th !

So all went smoothly yesterday at Phuket Immigration, went at 1pm finished by 2pm.

1pm is not the bext time to go as thats when you go back to pickup the passport the next day.

I took 3 months photocopy of bankbook showing 800k/400k+ and MrSmiley outside asked me to copy the entire 12 months. No biggy currently as Zero queue at Photocopying currently and I went back twice cos I'd forgotten to copy my TM6 !

Will pickup at 1pm ish today and go for the MultipleReEntry whilst I'm at it....

Ps Also got an email back yesterday afternoon from the Volunteers

Phuket Immigration Volunteers

Mon, 17 Aug, 18:22 (16 hours ago)

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

Dear Sir

Thank you for contacting Phuket Immigration Volunteers.

The last 12 month please.

Good luck and stay healthy!

With regards

Phuket Immigration Volunteers

482 Phuket Road

Talad Yai

Muang, Phuket 83000

Immigration office opening hours

08:30 – 12:00 / 13:00 – 16:00

23 hours ago, BangkokBoyJohnny said:

Will pickup at 1pm ish today and go for the MultipleReEntry whilst I'm at it....

That's one item I personally wouldn't bother with right now!????

I usually do the same as you but at last renewal didn't have time and decided to leave it until I was going to leave the country. Ended up saving me 3,800 baht!

• Like 1

I went in yesterday to renew my retirement extension of stay based on money in the bank method.  It was my 7th time with original Non-Immigration O-A visa.  No question asked about health insurance.  Kudos to Phuket Immigration for correct interpretation of directive.  In and out under 10 minutes.  The only gripe is the bank statement.  This year, a 12-month bank statement is needed from the bank.  SCB can print out on-the-spot the 12-month transaction statement and they charged a fee of 200THB on top of the 200THB for the confirmation letter!  Previous years, they charged only 200THB for letter of confirmation and the 3-month transaction statement.  Another year of peace and quiet until another curve ball comes along.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, madmitch said:

That's one item I personally wouldn't bother with right now!????

I usually do the same as you but at last renewal didn't have time and decided to leave it until I was going to leave the country. Ended up saving me 3,800 baht!

Agreed MM, however in the early days I left LOS without a Reentry permit and it was a trip to Singapore or KL to get a new visa a year later etc etc. I was 5050 this year, decided the 3800thb investment was worth it just in case ....

16 hours ago, Kopitiam said:

I went in yesterday to renew my retirement extension of stay based on money in the bank method.  It was my 7th time with original Non-Immigration O-A visa.  No question asked about health insurance.  Kudos to Phuket Immigration for correct interpretation of directive.  In and out under 10 minutes.  The only gripe is the bank statement.  This year, a 12-month bank statement is needed from the bank.  SCB can print out on-the-spot the 12-month transaction statement and they charged a fee of 200THB on top of the 200THB for the confirmation letter!  Previous years, they charged only 200THB for letter of confirmation and the 3-month transaction statement.  Another year of peace and quiet until another curve ball comes along.

SCB gave me a 3 month statement so I asked for a 12 month statement also which I forgot to take to immigration so handed them the 3 month which they were fine with !

But I agree take 12 months of everything just to CYA !

2 hours ago, BangkokBoyJohnny said:

SCB gave me a 3 month statement so I asked for a 12 month statement also which I forgot to take to immigration so handed them the 3 month which they were fine with !

But I agree take 12 months of everything just to CYA !

As it takes 5-7 days to get a 12 month statement from Bangkok Bank, I took the 3 month statement along with 12 months photocopy of my bank book. They were perfectly happy with that. If they insisted on a 12 month statement, I had left enough time to get one. 

I think if you have had multiple extensions and you are on the computer, you won't need the 12 month statement. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BangkokBoyJohnny said:

Agreed MM, however in the early days I left LOS without a Reentry permit and it was a trip to Singapore or KL to get a new visa a year later etc etc. I was 5050 this year, decided the 3800thb investment was worth it just in case ....

Johnny, I did the same three years ago. Forgot all about the re-entry permit; I actually thought I'd done it but I hadn't. Bask in on a 30 day tourist stamp, then trips to Vientiane and Penang got me a 60 day tourist visa and a multiple non-entry O visa respectively, so had to leave every 90 days (which I didn't mind in many ways). Retirment extension was easily obtained a year later but it was a lot of hassle for a simple mistake.

I'm fully aware I don't have onne at the moment but the likelihood of me needing one is pretty slim!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

As it takes 5-7 days to get a 12 month statement from Bangkok Bank, I took the 3 month statement along with 12 months photocopy of my bank book. They were perfectly happy with that. If they insisted on a 12 month statement, I had left enough time to get one. 

I think if you have had multiple extensions and you are on the computer, you won't need the 12 month statement. 

What about the issue of keeping 400,000 baht in the bank at all times? Aren't they checking this? I wouldn't risk it personally and will go armed with a 12 month statement when I go next time.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, madmitch said:

What about the issue of keeping 400,000 baht in the bank at all times? Aren't they checking this? I wouldn't risk it personally and will go armed with a 12 month statement when I go next time.

The photocopy of one year of bank book seemed to satisfy them.

Worth a go if you do it 30 days early.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

The photocopy of one year of bank book seemed to satisfy them.

Worth a go if you do it 30 days early.

In my SCB bankbook, every couple of months, they will have a "consolidated" entry to save giving out a new bankbook ever so often.  So it isn't very detailed.  Therefore, the IO is asking for the 12 month bank transaction statement.  But when I asked why I need to make photocopies of my bankbook, that jovial IO outside Rm103, just said "its a complete requirement"!  I won't argue with that.  Kept my sanity.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Re SCB Consolidated entry, Yeh I'm SURE I went below 400k for just one day, realised it so topped up the account. Lucky I didnt update the bank book for a while as that entry never appeared in the bank book... but would have done if they'd required and checked a full 12 month statement.

(As of last week I used a separate Bangkok bank account, stuck 800k in it and will just let it depreciated untouched!)

Note to self Bangkok Bank, time to produce statements, days or  ?

SCB is 5 minutes....

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I pulled up this old topic.  Want to know if any Phuket residents (please no other area advice as all areas have own quirks) what the procedure is to show monthly pension paid into a Thai bank.

I have been using 800 k in bank retired extension method but I weary of the restrictions to using my own money. This month got new extension but next year want to use pension paid method. Few months ago I open Citibank account in BKK. Must pay pension to a Citibank. Monthly pension money now rolling in Ok.

But as this an 'internet' bank so how do I show my pension income. Is just printout statement each month Ok, or do I need to ask bank to post official statement. And do I need a letter from the bank to support my extension application (Nov 2021).

Thanks

• Like 1

Been this morning. I can confirm that a three month bank statement is fine and that they use the bank book to ascertain the 800,000 for three months after the previous renewal.

Unfortunately a ninety year old Italian who arrived just before me had been unaware of this rule. He's been in Thailand for many years and obviously has no money problems as the slim bespectacled document checking officer asked me to help explain the situation to him and I saw the amounts in his bank book. I really hope he can find a way around this. The IO suggested he go to his consulate for advice.

I was in and out very quickly, even after spending a few minutes with the IO and the old Italian.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2020 at 2:19 AM, BangkokBoyJohnny said:

So do I need just to copy JUST the last 2 months of my bank book ? Anyone been asked to copy a full 12 months recently ?

Heading to Phuket Immigration tomorrow.

This text below is from Phuket Volunteers website but just wanna double/treble check !

Cheers Cliffy

Signed and stamped bank letter AND Signed and stamped bank statement showing the required money and duration before application date. (Max 7 days old)
Copy updated Thai bank book name page and last 2 months transactions.

The website is updated and it mentions now 12 months for the bank statement.

Bank balance option:
Minimum of 800.000 Baht in Thai bank account (in your own name) for at least 2 months before the application date.

After the application date a minimum of 800.000 Baht in Thai bank account (in your own name) for at least 3 months and a minimum of 400.000 Baht for the remainder of the year until your next application date is required. (in conjunction with the 800.000 Baht for 2 months before the application date)
Please be aware that normal saving accounts are preferred. A fixed account can only be used if the money is available on a daily bases.

Copy updated Thai bank book name page and last 12 months transactions.

But as mentioned most of the time they will be happy with the last 2 months.

• Like 1

The double standard is annoyingly typical.

The money must be in an account that makes it available on a daily basis, but at the same time 1/2 of it must remain in the bank untouched all year (the other 1/2 for at least 5 months)!

• Like 1

On 11/30/2020 at 9:03 PM, LivinginKata said:

I pulled up this old topic.  Want to know if any Phuket residents (please no other area advice as all areas have own quirks) what the procedure is to show monthly pension paid into a Thai bank.

I have been using 800 k in bank retired extension method but I weary of the restrictions to using my own money. This month got new extension but next year want to use pension paid method. Few months ago I open Citibank account in BKK. Must pay pension to a Citibank. Monthly pension money now rolling in Ok.

But as this an 'internet' bank so how do I show my pension income. Is just printout statement each month Ok, or do I need to ask bank to post official statement. And do I need a letter from the bank to support my extension application (Nov 2021).

Thanks

Ask again. Thought I would easy get a response.

Will Phuket Immigration accept printed Internet statements or will the need bank produced statements. And will a bank letter be required, thank you.

On 8/19/2020 at 3:49 PM, Kopitiam said:

There is conflicting statements, do they need 12 month bank statement for both Fixed deposit and savings account or just savings account?

What type of bank account did you give?

On 12/4/2020 at 9:31 AM, merijn said:

The website is updated and it mentions now 12 months for the bank statement.

Bank balance option:
Minimum of 800.000 Baht in Thai bank account (in your own name) for at least 2 months before the application date.

After the application date a minimum of 800.000 Baht in Thai bank account (in your own name) for at least 3 months and a minimum of 400.000 Baht for the remainder of the year until your next application date is required. (in conjunction with the 800.000 Baht for 2 months before the application date)
Please be aware that normal saving accounts are preferred. A fixed account can only be used if the money is available on a daily bases.

Copy updated Thai bank book name page and last 12 months transactions.

But as mentioned most of the time they will be happy with the last 2 months.

That's only true for the first year extension. After that you need to show 12 months because of the 3 months after approval rule.

26 minutes ago, EricTh said:

There is conflicting statements, do they need 12 month bank statement for both Fixed deposit and savings account or just savings account?

What type of bank account did you give?

I used a SCB saving account only.