Thailand ranked world's safest tourist destination amid Covid-19

webfact

8 hours ago, thailand49 said:

If the Thai leaders had any shame and brains wouldn't be so fast to brag about it.

Try reading the article before frothing at the mouth.  Who's bragging about what??

"Malaysia’s Malay Mail news agency recently reported that a Berlin-based travel startup, Tourlane, had carried out a study on August 10 to determine safe holiday destinations amid the outbreak"

Honestly, you see headlines on this site and you know before you click on the link it will be full of the usual rabid responses by people reacting to the headline rather than reading anything.  Every single time, it is so predictable.  It's quite sad that some people spend their lives in Thailand in a semi-permanent rage.

23 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Thailand has been the #1 tourist destination in SEA for a few years. Twice as many as the number 2 spot, Malaysia. Believe it or not with the current positive reputation Thailand has established worldwide regarding Covid, I guarantee there are 10's of millions of people throughout the world who are itching to travel and come here on holiday.  Add many many sexually active/frustrated males cooped up for months waiting to sow their oats.  They all cannot wait.  And the last thing on their mind is road deaths that is such a dumb argument people could careless about that when planning their trip here. 

I bet when this place opens up, and it will some day, they will see record numbers especially with all the discounts and group tour specials that will be offered for motivation.

So, those that are enjoying the current lack of crowds, traffic, tourists, etc. appreciate it for now.  Because, it will not last for ever the hordes will be returning at some point I guarantee it.

Sure, for the one who make the choice to have a life in these special places where sex is a market, maybe for some commodity or for... business.

Is it your case ?

When i can come to see my Thai family, i leave far from this place, in the deep country, where the business predators and sex offenders are near zero. And there is many like that who are screwed by this binary choice to ask for expensive requests (expensive, but there is some other way less expensive... why the choice to make them so expensive and to mix tourist with married people ? we don't have the same life, the same culture, the same feeling with the life, but seems to be a question of money first, isn't it ?).

17 hours ago, jerolamo said:

Show also other countries who has very low numbers, then ask yourself which is the relational point to have it possible... and why the ratio between infected number and dead one are so different than the other cases which country who do test a lot ?

I think you don't like statistic and mathematics, you missed to do the correlation with numbers, you are miss informed.

Phewww geewhizz, I must have missed the day we learnt about correlations with numbers during my general maths studies many many years ago.

But seeing I did not compile the numbers, I will take it up with Worldometres to get their information corrected.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Well done Anguilla who has the lowest of low numbers listed!

215 Anguilla 3       3 0   200   662 44,075 15,020

24 minutes ago, marquis22 said:

Phewww geewhizz, I must have missed the day we learnt about correlations with numbers during my general maths studies many many years ago.

But seeing I did not compile the numbers, I will take it up with Worldometres to get their information corrected.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Well done Anguilla who has the lowest of low numbers listed!

215 Anguilla 3       3 0   200   662 44,075 15,020

Sure.

I also see on your link (thank you) that:

Burundi, Turks and Caicos, Mauritius island, are very very safe if we can trust the report.

Nice to look at the number of tests by million.

Next would be to investigate on the origin of the numbers publication and the ability for these number to be possible in a real life.

It would be interesting to use these figures and to apply some statistical studies to check the coherence of certain reported assertions and the correlation between the number of tests and the number of contaminated found, as well as the ratio between the contaminated and the dead, then an index of the technological means implemented in the country concerned for its population (access to care and its quality).

Edited by jerolamo
  • Like 1

On 8/17/2020 at 11:24 AM, Misterwhisper said:

Oh, sure. I mean who would argue that it's actually as safe as it can possibly be when you're holed up in your hotel room for 14 days after arrival? Strictly speaking, it's 14 days of room service, as you're not even permitted to enjoy a cocktail at the hotel bar or go to the swimming pool, let alone visit the public beach -- all of which would breach quarantine rules. 

The question of course is: Why would anyone want to endure a 12-hour flight to experience all that?  

Best to ask those who are doing it, have done it, or plan to do it. Several such have posted recently. 

Humans are funny that way. They have different motivations and goals. I would assume that you've noticed that before now. 

• Like 1

OK. Sign me up for a holiday.

Got my COVID test, COVID insurance. Even prepared to be quarantined for fourteen day. Wait!! No international flights allowed? What do you mean I'm not allowed to enter as a tourist?

• Like 1

On 8/18/2020 at 8:22 PM, Flying Saucage said:

It's described as a "startup". So it seems to be newly founded private company with private interests. If you look to its website www.tourlane.de you will see it is simply a travel agency, but obviously with no background knowledge. Normally such a "survey" is not worth to be mentioned at all, as it is BS and has nothing to do with reality.

No idea how this Malaysian newspaper came across it. Shame on Malay Mail for publishing such a BS.

Just more paid advertising killing this site..