Honest Reliable Mechanics in Ongkharak / Nakhon Nayok

My fiance's car has been having some problems. It's a 2014 Toyota Altis, and she's been going to different mechanics who keep fixing the problem but then the problem reoccurs shortly after maybe 2-3 days after leaving the mechanic, then she went to another mechanic who said that mechanic was robbing her but this mechanic still could not fix the problem. Then she went to the "dealer" (I am assuming this is a Toyota dealer) and they could not fix the problem (which I think is absolutely insane for a dealer not to be able to fix a problem), and finally she found someone that seemed to really fix the problem..

but now the check engine light came on again and someone told her she has to fix the exhaust or replace it or something..

It all sounds to me like the old car mechanic scam where they prey on the unsuspecting layman that doesn't know anything about cars which is well known in the US. I'm sure these types of scams are everywhere.

Toyotas are extremely reliable cars. I refuse to believe that a 2014 Toyota which is essentially a Corolla has this many problems, from an owner who has meticulously maintained the car through maintenance at the dealer, etc.

I know the Altis is specific to Asia, they don't have it in the United States or in Europe (afaik) .. is the Altis known to have these kinds of problems?

If not, does anyone know an honest reputable GOOD mechanic in the area of Ongkharak / Nakhon Nayok where she can trust that he won't rip her off? I'm at a loss since I live in the US, don't speak Thai and she doesn't really speak fluent English so my communication of what's going on is her sending me pictures and LINE messages that the mechanic sent her in Thai, which when you throw in the uselessness of Google Translate into the mix doesn't really help matters much.

Thanks for any help you can give on either subject of the Toyota Altis and honest good mechanics in the area. She has already spent about like 30,000 baht on these problems. The car has actually been good for a month at least after the last repair.

Edited by Game Program