BKK Airport - what food options open & VAT Refund for Tourists

bbi1

I put this topic in this section since lots of foreigners must be flying out this month and the next month and the "Visa" section gets load of talk about the amnesty ending so this would be relevant.

Survanabhumi Airport - does anyone know if all the food places are open? Particularly the foodcourt at the lower level and what else is open once you clear passport control and are "inside" the airport waiting for your flights out of Thailand? Are all shops open "inside" the airport when you are waiting for your flight to depart?

Also, what about the VAT Refund for tourists? I presume that should be open too, both the inspection desk where you check-in and "inside" the airport where you get your refund.

Edited by bbi1

I dont know about the cheap food court or the VAT desk. I can however say that when I flew out on July 10th airside was almost deserted. There were only a few shops and restaurants open and they have increased the prices. In addition the airport was incomfortably hot. The air con was turned down to save money and it was not a pleasent experience.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, jimn said:

I dont know about the cheap food court or the VAT desk. I can however say that when I flew out on July 10th airside was almost deserted. There were only a few shops and restaurants open and they have increased the prices. In addition the airport was incomfortably hot. The air con was turned down to save money and it was not a pleasent experience.

The only place I ever found with a pleasant atmosphere/temperature were the toilets in the Air France lounge.  The rest of the place is airless, hot and humid.  Must be truly awful now.

On 8/18/2020 at 6:01 PM, jimn said:

That sucks if it's still like that. I would imagine with more people being allowed back into Thailand and foreigners forced to fly out by 26th September, hopefully there's a lot more food options available. Do you remember what restaurants were open in July? How about fast food ones like McDonalds (or is it Burger King) near the departure gates?