Can anyone recommend a certified electrician?

synetos

Im looking for an electrician who is certified and competent to sort some small issues with lighting in my condo, but also to install a number of outdoor sockets on my rooftop terrace including a one that is capable of powering a hot tub,

I live near Phra Kanong BTS station.

Thanks

You may not find "certification" even though that is supposed to be in place.  Bangkok shouldn't be a problem to find but probably $$$.  Google "electrician Bangkok" for some.  But, it seems your condo management would have someone on staff or can recommend.  (?)

• Like 1

As noted your condo should have a number of recommended sparks on the books, they may insist on you using them too.

Also consider the floor loading of your hot tub, how much water does it hold? 1000L weighs 1000kg, can the terrace support that extra loading?

• Like 2

I have used Google of course, but it seems like a minefield...the last company i booked to come and look at it knew i was English when making the booking but then sent someone who could not speak a single word of English so i was unable to fully explain what was needed, even when trying to use Google translate. 

The reason for asking for recommendations is I'm hoping someone can point me in the direction of a person or company who is reliable and competent.  Google throws out a right mismatch.  Good shout on the condo management though. I can ask them also. 

Do you think the management of the condo will also be able to give advice on the structural weight for the hot tub ?  The condo is an older building at about 18 years old and built like a brick <deleted> house, with thick solid concrete walls.  They seemed to build them much sturdier back then, compared to todays standards.

Thanks, yes thats what im worried about.  Want someone who knows what they are doing.

Is there really no one at all who could be recommended by people on this forum ?

Talk about potential business opportunity for a uk/usa certified electrician.

5 minutes ago, synetos said:

Thanks, yes thats what im worried about.  Want someone who knows what they are doing.

Is there really no one at all who could be recommended by people on this forum ?

The words WORK & PERMIT spring to mind.

14 minutes ago, synetos said:

Not likely to be certified or even allowed to work here.  There are plenty of very qualified electricians in Bangkok.  If your condo can't recommend, call a company and request English speaking technician.

My two baht worth of opinion. All the really "qualified" sparkies work on the big projects in and around Bangkok. They know what their doing. The rest of the country has so called sparkies that have no real training and learn what they know from someone that has no idea what they are doing.

The "qualified" ones get paid better and are happy with what they do and most likely only moonlight to help a select group of friends and relatives

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 5/13/2021 at 7:35 PM, sometimewoodworker said:

Yes if you are in the Udon area

Thank you @sometimewoodworker but unfortunately not, house is located in Bangkok. For those in Bangkok, literally the only website I could find that offered apparently thorough residential Electrical Inspections (had to translate the page in Chrome) was a company called Q-Chang (affiliated with SGS). However it seems fairly new and not sure how reliable. I cant believe how difficult it is to find something so straightforward, I must be doing something wrong! 

1 minute ago, Bluedipper said:

Thank you @sometimewoodworker but unfortunately not, house is located in Bangkok. For those in Bangkok, literally the only website I could find that offered apparently thorough residential Electrical Inspections (had to translate the page in Chrome) was a company called Q-Chang (affiliated with SGS). However it seems fairly new and not sure how reliable. I cant believe how difficult it is to find something so straightforward, I must be doing something wrong! 

Yes you are, you think that you will find what you want on the web and that what you think is straightforward in your home country will be the same here.

your not in Kansas anymore, Toto

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Yes you are, you think that you will find what you want on the web and that what you think is straightforward in your home country will be the same here.

your not in Kansas anymore, Toto

@sometimewoodworker Excellent points. I'm actually half Thai, but obviously not wired that way ????

• Haha 1